It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shoelace mistaken for noose causes racial uproar at Michigan State University

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

A lost shoelace at Michigan State University caused a racial uproar Wednesday after someone mistook it for a noose.

MSU President Lou Anna K. Simon released a statement Wednesday morning saying she was “distressed” after finding out “a student reported a noose was hung outside of her room.” Simon commended the student’s “courage” for reporting the “racial incident” and put out a clear message.

“This type of behavior is not tolerated on our campus,” Simon said. “No Spartan should ever feel targeted based on their race, or other ways in which they identify.”

Source: Shoelace mistaken for noose causes racial uproar at Michigan State University

Here's another case of snowflake reactions to absolutely nothing. That reaction also includes the university PRESIDENT. Typical condemn and react before we know the entire story. Seems it was NOT a noose at all, nor even subliminally implied to be one.

But by Wednesday afternoon, the investigation by MSU Police revealed there was no noose.

Instead, they found “the object was a packaged leather shoelace and not a noose,” MSU spokesman Jason Cody said in a news release, adding that the shoelaces “are packaged in a way that someone could perceive them to look similar to a noose.”

Officers tracked down and interviewed the student who lost both of the shoelaces. That student happens to live on the same floor as the one who made the report.

“Also, the original shoelace found inside the residence hall was not directed at any individual,” Cody said, adding that police believe someone found the shoelace and put it on a stairwell door handle after picking it up off the floor.

Some reactionary snowflake got all triggered without asking around and trying to discern why it was there before flying off the handle and claiming RACISM, OMG!!! I certainly hope that student now has to attend some form of education program on how to properly handle this type of situation in future and not automatically throw the race card. Don't these people ever hear the story of crying wolf as a child? Perhaps that story needs to be brought back at grade school level as a lesson on living in the real world?

How about, we all take a step back, breathe, and act like actual adults here?? Crying wolf over racism will only (as has already begun) to lessen its impact in cases where it does happen. Make a fake call enough times, and you will risk it not being taken seriously in future.

Why is common sense so uncommon these days?
SMH

Thoughts ATS?

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
what i want to know is how this story made it to the national level without anyone ever looking into it to see if there was any truth or weight to this story. the only conclusion i can draw is our media will run with any story they can get their hands on that pushes the agenda they are backing. my suggestion is for everyone to start making up fairy tales that align with their agenda and we just flood these idiots with false stories so we can put the final nail in these propagandists coffins.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

That's actually kind of funny..."zomg it's a noo....oh crap it's a shoelace...but I've already alerted campus police, better play it off."

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
So what now?Ban shoelaces?
PC madness marches on

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

so folks are just to dammed twitchy to be left unsupervised

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
PC madness marches on

Dont forget catholic priest robes because KKK

www.denverpost.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
PC madness marches on

Nah, lets just ban shoes.

Everyone buy sandals! Desert wellies for the win!

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Some reactionary snowflake got all triggered

So you decided to become one too by making this thread? What good do these types of threads do for the community here? Except spread fake outrage of course.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

That's exactly why I've always worn loafers.

Well, until I was accused of implying minorities are lazy.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Now just BACK OFF!

these mouth-breathing idiots don't know about shoelaces.

All their shoes are Velcro because tying knots is hard, and racist.

I'll wait for your apology.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Did this hit you a little to close to the heart then? It's another example of PC and false accusations. To bad you agree with that approach it seems.

Do you have anything constructive or of actual value to add to the conversation, or are you simply attacking the OP because it questions your inner voice?

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TDawg61

I think we just need to ban shoes.

I'm so glad colleges now have safe spaces where triggered kids can go and feel comforted.

I wish I had that kind of space at work.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

OMG, the more I read things like this, the more I'm starting to root for Lil'Kim. Hurry up and press that damned button already. >_< lol

In all seriousness, though, this sort of thing is getting beyond ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Surely there must be some type of mind altering virus infecting the population.
Either that or the gates of hell are wide open.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

It doesn't bother me at all but apparently it bothers you. I guess that puts you on the same level as these snowflakes making a big deal out of a shoelace? Seems like it to me.

How can anything constructive be added to a non-constructive topic? What comment so far has been constructive in your opinion? Because so far all I see are people showing fake outrage, just as fake as the outrage over this shoelace.

Here's something constructive: get over it, it doesn't affect you at all. If people want to be sensitive crybabies over stupid things, what's it to you?
edit on 10/6/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The REAL uproar is the manufactured outrage by so-called conservatives over a LIKELY exaggerated or false story.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Some reactionary snowflake got all triggered

So you decided to become one too by making this thread? What good do these types of threads do for the community here? Except spread fake outrage of course.

The leftist crowd love love love trying to turn that snowflake 180, but it fails. Every time I see a leftist using the term I remember back when the left bitched and moaned about it.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

It doesn't bother me at all but apparently it bothers you. I guess that puts you on the same level as these snowflakes making a big deal out of a shoelace? Seems like it to me.

How can anything constructive be added to a non-constructive topic? What comment so far has been constructive in your opinion? Because so far all I see are people showing fake outrage, just as fake as the outrage over this shoelace.

Here's something constructive: get over it, it doesn't affect you at all. If people want to be sensitive crybabies over stupid things, what's it to you?

how can u not atleast be upset at the media for running with stories like this without doing one iota of research before putting it out there for the masses?

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Velcro was created by a Canadian, you anti-American fascist!

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale

how can u not atleast be upset at the media for running with stories like this without doing one iota of research before putting it out there for the masses?

It's FOX "News".

It's their JOB it scare/upset white people and conservatives.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join