It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Lives Matter Protesters Shut Down ACLU Freedom of Speech Event

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Wait , I just noticed it was an ACLU Free Speech deal
BLM vs. the ACLU ?
Am I asleep and dreaming ?
Did I enter an alternate reality while I slept ?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Wait , I just noticed it was an ACLU Free Speech deal
BLM vs. the ACLU ?
Am I asleep and dreaming ?
Did I enter an alternate reality while I slept ?

Ummm...yessir...yessir you did...and you pulled the rest of us along for the ride...can I get off at the next stop...please...?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
What's funny is that both sides have plenty of ammo to point out how the other side is against free speech.

Just a lot of back and forth, just how they have set it up. Make both sides so hypocritical that their cognitive dissonance reaches astronomical levels and the arguing never ends.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
The left does not believe in free speech anymore. This is the clearest evidence yet. The effin' ACLU is one of their biggest allies, and now they've turned on them.

It's not just the Second Amendment that they want to abolish; the First is on their hit list as well.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Then there comes the silly little argument that these protesters are exercising their free speech rights by censoring others.

The ACLU is a fine organization that has stood up for the free speech rights of everyone. What a shame that people allow bullies to to censor them.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
"Turns out its not fun being called Hitler sympathizer after all."

-ACLU

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
What's funny is that both sides have plenty of ammo to point out how the other side is against free speech.

Just a lot of back and forth, just how they have set it up. Make both sides so hypocritical that their cognitive dissonance reaches astronomical levels and the arguing never ends.

The ACLU has defended the free speech rights of Nazis and the KKK. There is zero ammo pointing to them as being against free speech.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

I'm not talking about the ACLU, I'm talking about the political parties in general. Both are against free speech unless it supports their biases.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I'm not talking about the ACLU, I'm talking about the political parties in general. Both are against free speech unless it supports their biases.

That’s not true either. I’m wondering if this is just your automatic response, instead of calling out the obvious perpetrators of censorship.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

NFL kneelers are practicing free speech, the right doesn't like their version of free speech. The left doesn't like Trump's free speech. It's very true, to say otherwise is disingenuous.
edit on 10/5/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

NFL kneelers are practicing free speech, the right doesn't like their version of free speech. The left doesn't like Trump's free speech. It's very true.

The right and left aren’t political parties. It’s very untrue.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
a reply to: loam
This is what happens when you have a paid for MSM shoving constant propaganda down the throats of sheep daily, you get convinced that anyone that disagrees with you is racist.

This seems to be the new norm, or new sheeple knee jerk heading.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

So what are they if not political parties/ideologies? Sounds like you're trying to nitpick small details to not admit you're wrong.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

So what are they if not political parties/ideologies? Sounds like you're trying to nitpick small details to not admit you're wrong.

Wrong about what?

I’m just wondering if you’re able to criticize where it is due instead of reverting back to the canned responses about how everyone is a censor. You’re wrong, not only factually, but ethically.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

BLM wants to stop this free speech rally which is wrong, others want to stop NFL players right to free speech by punishing them which is wrong.

You're wrong, both ideologies are against free speech, unless you just want to say only one side is which is disingenuous and is to ignore all the calls from a particular side to punish players for practicing free speech.

But again, what are the left and right if not political parties/ideologies? Maybe you won't avoid the question this time.
edit on 10/5/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

The ACLU has defended the free speech rights of Nazis and the KKK. There is zero ammo pointing to them as being against free speech.

As a born and raised southerner I can tell u that I knew klan members over my life...
Every single one was a “southern” democrat....to a man

Of course they defended Nazis...The ACLU is morally bankrupt...

-Chris

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

BLM wants to stop this free speech rally which is wrong, others want to stop NFL players right to free speech by punishing them which is wrong.

You're wrong, both ideologies are against free speech, unless you just want to say only one side is which is disingenuous and is to ignore all the calls from a particular side to punish players for practicing free speech.

Wrong again. For one It wasn’t a free speech rally. BLM did stop the event. They censored people.

No one censored any NFL player.

Can you criticize where criticism is due?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

As a born and raised southerner I can tell u that I knew klan members over my life...
Every single one was a “southern” democrat....to a man

Of course they defended Nazis...The ACLU is morally bankrupt...

-Chris

You’d be wrong. The ACLU are the only ones with the principles and the balls to protect the free speech rights of everyone, including Nazis.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Here is a little more context, but from BLM side. Looks like it was payback time.

Twenty minutes into the protest, AMP Director of Internal Affairs Hasini Bandara ’18 approached the group with a microphone and gave members an opportunity to read their prepared statement. In the statement, BLM criticized the ACLU’s approach to white supremacy in regard to the white supremacist rally in Charlottesville, suggesting that the organization provides an unnecessary platform for white supremacists. “When is the free speech of the oppressed protected?” a BLM group representative asked.

“We know from personal experience that rights granted to wealthy, white, cis, male, straight bodies do not trickle down to marginalized groups. We face greater barriers and consequences for speaking.” “When is the free speech of the oppressed protected?” a BLM group representative asked.

“We know from personal experience that rights granted to wealthy, white, cis, male, straight bodies do not trickle down to marginalized groups. We face greater barriers and consequences for speaking.”

flathatnews.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
BLM exercising their free speech rights by denying the same to others.
Sickening.
The ACLU?What rascists,lol.
edit on CDTThuam41061 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join