It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Lives Matter Protesters Shut Down ACLU Freedom of Speech Event

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Do you remember the guy at the John Kerry speech who asked the wrong question and immediately got the "don't taze me bro!" treatment?

That is exactly what these BLM jerks deserve until they stop being such inconsiderable A-holes.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

No doubt some want to silence opposing views but that's not what freedom of speech is about. Violence or physical obstruction doesn't allow for free speech and isn't the proper way to exercise that right.

It's possible and legal for player's speech to be financially impacted via boycott but their speech can't be physically obstructed. Whether they have permission or not they can speak as freely as they like. Of course they could end up in the unemployment line if their boss/sponsors don't agree because there are repercussions for our speech but players have the absolute right to stand on a soapbox at an appropriate venue and talk till their blue in the face.

Maybe people are mad that BLM did what they couldn't accomplish themselves?

No I don't call what they did an accomplishment to be proud of. The preferred way is to put forth a civil argument/debate. Those people were not open to anyone's free speech except their own. Their personal issues wasn't what the event was solely about.

Make an honest effort to convince me and I'd either agree or debate the issue but physically silencing anyone is wrong.
edit on 10-5-2017 by Morningglory because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

What's really tragic about all this is most of these people have very good intentions, they want desperately to be a part of some kind of positive change. Given the intellectual climate of Universities it's easy to see why the jump on the BLM bandwagon despite the involvement of only half their brains. This is all emotionally-based and sadly they are lacking other outlets to put their energies in to. The Left is winning the war of emotional appeal and that is what the Right needs to address somehow. Those with a good knowledge of history see this for what it is but sadly the history taught in schools has been radicalized to the point of rejecting the very culture they were born in to. First they alienate them then give them a cause to cling to.

It didn't matter that Heather Heyer died of a heart attack and not from any injuries sustained by the car collision. It was a hot day, she was wearing black, walked a very long distance and carried no water. It's not surprising given her morbidly obese condition. Yet she's a martyr for these kids. Logic is out the window and the chicken has flown the coop. I'm not sure we can ever get them back in.....which can only spell big trouble for society in the long run.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Morningglory

This is not the last confrontation between these two groups.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

So me saying they were wrong for disrupting this rally is not a criticism? What would a criticism be in your opinion then? Where I'm from saying someone is in the wrong for doing something is considered a criticism.

Also, you knew exactly what I meant by left and right. You're just nitpicking as usual.

edit on 10/5/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Again, you equated BLM behavior with the behavior of disgruntled NFL fans, seeing them on the same moral plane. The massive difference is that BLM censored others, and disgruntled NFL fans didn't. Are you able to separate the two, criticize where it is due, instead of reverting to the canned "both sides" argument?

I know what you mean by left and right, but you said "both sides" and "both parties" are against free speech long before you widened your goalposts with "left and right".

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Do you have evidence for your claims about Heather Heyer?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

The only equation I made was the desire to silence people's freedom of speech. One did it by disrupting a rally which is wrong, the other did it by petitioning players to be fired and punished. If both sides had their way people would have been censored, that is the ONLY equation I've made thus far.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

A purely semantic argument is nothing more than cover.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

That seems to be what discussions with him usually end up boiling down to, semantics. He knew what I meant he's just too proud to admit it. Oh well.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

But people sure were calling for them to be censored! You deny that then you're just a liar. And I've already criticized BLM for what they did, they're wrong for it.

So again, what are the left and right if not political parties/ideologies? You avoided it again.

I just re-read the entire thread and found no criticism of your regarding any censorship by BLM.

The Left is a political party in Germany, but the commonly used terms "the right" and "the left" are neither political parties or political ideologies.

I also have read this entire thread, and all you are doing is twisting around to avoid having to be wrong and being willfully ignorant in the process.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
ACLU vs BLM had to happen. The ACLU site actually has a page to help out BLM in their protests. Backwards logic and a complete lack of critical thinking skills mandate that this would happen sooner or later.

Next on the agenda will be BLM vs BLM I'm sure
It's only right that their next move would be to eat their own.
edit on 10/5/2017 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
BLUE ON BLUE force..LOVE it...

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Absolutely, her mother said on television Heather died of a heart attack -

There's plenty of video taken on the ground that day showing her walking in various parts of Charlottesville, which is very hilly. It was a bright and sunny 88 degrees that day and she wore a tight fitting black body suit and wore no hat. In videos of the crash there is a woman between her and the Challenger and does not appear to have been struck by it but rather knocked down by other people who were hit. She was also carrying a pack of Newports though I never saw her smoke any.
edit on 5-10-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-10-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

Absolutely, her mother said on television Heather died of a heart attack - www.occidentaldissent.com...

There's plenty of video taken on the ground that day showing her walking in various parts of Charlottesville, which is very hilly. It was a bright and sunny 88 degrees that day and she wore a tight fitting black body suit and wore no hat. In videos of the crash there is a woman between her and the Challenger and does not appear to have been struck by it but rather knocked down by other people who were hit. She was also carrying a pack of Newports though I never saw her smoke any.

Your source is an alt-right, White Supremacist fringe blog???

You and your white nationalist source should really report this to the authorities in Charlottesville ... they seem to think Heather Heyer was murdered by Alex Fields who has been charged with second-degree murder. Thanks for letting us all know where you stand and what type of sites you consider "evidence" though.

Is this "Occidental Dissent" a favorite site? How interesting. I see they promote Alt-Right.com, David Duke, Daily Stormer etc. right there on the front page.

Awesome.

Oh, by the way, the city named a street after Heather Heyer in memory of her murder, yesterday.

CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA (WCMH) — The Charlottesville street where Heather Heyer was killed during a protest in August, will be renamed in her honor.

Fading chalk messages, flowers, and candles still remain in the spot where Heyer was killed while walking with a group of counter-protesters when a car drove into the crowd, August 12

Oh, by the way, her mom still seems to believe that Heather was murdered as well ...

“For me, that spot is the site of my daughter’s murder. It was the site where she did her last selfless act,” Heather’s mom, Susan Bro, told WVIR.

Bro said she also just found out that Heyer had pushed a young girl out of the way of the oncoming vehicle. “She’s certainly my hero for that. I don’t know if I would have been that smart and that brave in that moment to think to push someone else out of the way, but she did it

nbc41.com

edit on 6-10-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

The mother did claim it was a heart attack but i never saw an autopsy report. But even if she was in poor health a speeding car almost hitting her would still be the cause of the heart attack.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Do you remember the guy at the John Kerry speech who asked the wrong question and immediately got the "don't taze me bro!" treatment?

That is exactly what these BLM jerks deserve until they stop being such inconsiderable A-holes.

So you want to taze a couple of nerdy college kids because they protested? Seriously ? They didnt look like public threat to me.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Black Lives Matter and Antifa are both spun from the same fascist cloth with Hillary campaign funds and Soros sponsorship. Ironic for an anti fascist anarcho communist group to oppose free speech and yet it's like they don't even know they are doing that. They just feel a right to shut down whatever they don't like.
edit on 6-10-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Here you go www.aim.org...

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Wasn't Martin Luther King liberal like? While Malcolm would of been conservative like, he did have a gun? Regardless of their actual stance and platform that was against racism?

Also I wonder what would if the black youth got educated that this is funded by the man, a white man an woman.

How BLM going to be focusing on black on black crime very soon.

Come bring it to Canada, with the gay leader an all. A good chunk of them are homophobic, since they already brought it here.
edit on 6-10-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join