It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We didn't appear from nothing ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
We came from the quantum fluctuations of zero-point energy.

Spacetime is endless and eternal, giving spontaneous rise to "bubble" universes like ours.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

I thought our universe encompasses spacetime.
You think there is spacetime beyond our universe?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
If there are other universes (multiverse speculation), they, too, presumably have their own spacetime. If every branching of probability leads to another universe, as has sometimes been claimed, it sounds as if every roll of a die creates five new universes! This seems absurd, but our limited common sense may not be helpful in understanding the universe (multiverse), as a whole.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

If that's the case though then the question begs, where did the quantum realm/foam come from or how did it come into being?

Thing is that pertaining to the current iteration of our universe, questions such as where it came from or how it came to be are pretty much meaningless down to the fact that we have no way of measuring or observing what came before the creation of space-time. So even if something did exist we will never have the ability comprehend what it was, if anything, hence the very notion of such is simply beyond our scope or ability to comprehend.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

...questions such as where it came from or how it came to be are pretty much meaningless down to the fact that we have no way of measuring or observing what came before the creation of space-time....

True. And as the rest of your post implies, the standard big bang theory is an attempt to explain the events that led to OUR space-time/OUR universe.

As you said, there may have been something before our spacetime, or our spacetime/universe may exist as part of some larger realm (neither of which we can describe by using the physics of our universe), but the Big Bang Theory does NOT exclude these possibilities.

So when some people (not you) say "The Big Bang Theory is bunk because there might have been something before it", it is a straw-man argument.

edit on 9/10/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace
We came from the quantum fluctuations of zero-point energy.

Spacetime is endless and eternal, giving spontaneous rise to "bubble" universes like ours.

I agree on most, however the quantum fluctuations part I am not sure on (I have no reason to be unsure of, so many possibilities).

What I will always be sad on is that we will never know what is outside of the Universe Bubble, or what could be in the other Bubbles, what mysteries could lay there...but then again we have an entire Universe here full of mysteries we will never get to see or know about, with so many Civilizations that have risen and fallen before we came into our own...and the many that are currently thriving just like ours.

So many possibilities and so many more that we will find out about our Universe's creation in the future, so much with Physics we are yet to learn or see today but that are for the future generations.

We are so young, and the science and physics world is a never ending changing force.

I do only know one thing - We never will know.
edit on 9-10-2017 by MuonToGluon because: Added + Fixed

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join