It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We didn't appear from nothing ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Of course the universe did not start from a flash/Bang how could it have ?

The Big Bang poses a big question: if it was indeed the cataclysm that blasted our universe into existence 13.7 billion years ago, what sparked it? Three researchers at Canada's Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics propose that the Big Bang could be the three-dimensional "mirage" of a collapsing star in a universe profoundly different than our own.

www.dailygalaxy.com...

This is known as The Big Bang Theory. For almost a century, the term has been bandied about by scholars and non-scholars alike. This should come as no surprise, seeing as how it is the most accepted theory of our origins. But what exactly does it mean? How was our Universe conceived in a massive explosion, what proof is there of this, and what does the theory say about the long-term projections for our Universe? The basics of the theory are fairly simple. In short, the Big Bang hypothesis states that all of the current and past matter in the Universe came into existence at the same time, roughly 13.8 billion years ago. At this time, all matter was compacted into a very small ball with infinite density and intense heat called a Singularity. Suddenly, the Singularity began expanding, and the universe as we know it began. While this is not the only modern theory of how the Universe came into being – for example, there is the Steady State Theory or the Oscillating Universe Theory – it is the most widely accepted and popular. Not only does the model explain the origin of all known matter, the laws of physics, and the large scale structure of the Universe, it also accounts for the expansion of the Universe and a broad range of other phenomena. Read more at: phys.org...

edit on 4 10 2017 by skywatcher44 because: .

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: skywatcher44

So then what created the other universe that then spawned our universe?

Never ending mysteries.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Big bang, big crunch, big bang, big crunch, ad infinitum. The universe is "breathing in" right now but will eventually "breathe out" again.

Energy cannot be created or destroyed meaning the energy in our universe (everything) has always existed in one form or another. If energy is eternal then so is the universe, if the universe is eternal then so are we.
edit on 10/4/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The Big Bang came around 1929, I do believe by now most scientists look at it like an old car....

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: skywatcher44

I tend to think that it didn't "start" so much as have components that are constantly recycling "back into time," although that's really not what's happening. Instead, it's falling back through multiple spatial and non-spatial dimensions, and the point at which it vanishes into nothing and then returns is what we see as the Big Bang.

edit on 4-10-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

The illusion of light creates the illusion of matter. I figure when we kick off, that's it. We end up where we left off, in our original state.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Big bang, big crunch, big bang, big crunch, ad infinitum. The universe is "breathing in" right now but will eventually "breathe out" again.

Energy cannot be created or destroyed meaning the energy in our universe (everything) has always existed in one form or another. If energy is eternal then so is the universe, if the universe is eternal then so are we.

No. while energy cannot be created or destroyed, the form it takes, can be. we are no more eternal than that match you used to start your camp fire when you were 16.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Well of course we didn't! We appeared from "something"...just what? It will be interesting to follow your thread here!

Good one!

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

"It's Turtles all the way down"

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Unless of course life originated in the future and somehow traveled into the past.

There are a multitude of nonlinear scenarios that could account for existence and that are just as visible as the something from nothing ideology given our district lack of understanding regarding space-time and quantum mechanics.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
Unless of course life originated in the future and somehow traveled into the past.

Exactly. With time being an illusion, the whole notion of a "beginning" to the universe is somewhat misguided.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

You are more than just a body though. I'm not talking about your body, I'm talking about the energy that moves it and gives it life.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: skywatcher44

The Big Bang poses a big question: if it was indeed the cataclysm that blasted our universe into existence 13.7 billion years ago, what sparked it? Three researchers at Canada's Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics propose that the Big Bang could be the three-dimensional "mirage" of a collapsing star in a universe profoundly different than our own.

The big bang theory is just that, a theory, and as with all theories it's fine to question it. But people at the Perimeter institute have been questioning the big bang for years, which again is fine, but I'm still not seeing any answers or that they have any proof their suggestion is any better than the current model. Not only that, there are others at the Perimeter institute who have competing ideas which are not the same, so I'm still seeing more questions than answers, and ideas which seem to rate more like hypotheses than like theories.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
The Big Bang came around 1929, I do believe by now most scientists look at it like an old car....

But energy disperses, it doesnt gather

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: mysterioustranger

There are a multitude of nonlinear scenarios that could account for existence and that are just as visible as the something from nothing ideology given our district lack of understanding regarding space-time and quantum mechanics.

If it originated in the future, HOW?
You are just changing dates, not mechanisms

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Maybe sono-luminescence is the answer? Or something to that effect. Isn't the universe bathed in hydrogen?

And I can't help to wonder if the story of Creation is an allegory for that explanation. "Let there be light." and all the others that follows. It talks about words being told and having for effect to create everything. Since words are sounds...

What if we could manipulate it to create worlds, at least of shapes, even if "small"?
edit on 4-10-2017 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: badw0lf

You are more than just a body though. I'm not talking about your body, I'm talking about the energy that moves it and gives it life.

Which is not who we are, and effectively nothing more than the life force we experience.

You can have someone you know, intimately, suffer major brain trauma and become someone completely different. The brain is the thing that dictates our personality. You stick a ice pick in your eye socket and give yourself a frontal lobotomy, and you are not the same person you were.

We're meat bags, nothing more. Not the essence of us at all. Salt flavors meat, but salt alone is not the experience.

There is no inherent 'us' in what you call a soul. There is just the spark that gives our brain the ability to experience existence. We are the culmination of that experience. Not in spite of it.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Another idea is the "big bang" was the result of a black hole in another realm / dimension / parallel universe / what have you hitting the tipping of being full and rupturing, spawning a new universe.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Some of those Physicists are a little excentric and they can dream up all sorts of things.

I think our universe is a very small part of something much bigger, something that may be alive. Something that sets the parameters for frequencies and attractions and repulsion. I think that the whole thing is part of a multilevel being, maybe like a plant with leaves. The electromagnetics generated by our universe actually keep us from seeing the whole picture.

See, I can be eccentric too, I should be able to apply for a physics position.
edit on 4-10-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
There is no way to prove any of this.

It is all conjecture and wild imaginings.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join