It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Return Of Monty Python AKA Teresa May Conference Speech.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Comedy gold on show today.
Teresa May giving her Tory Conference Speech is:-

Handed a fake P45 from a comedian.
Has a prolonged coughing fit during speech
Tory slogan falls apart on wall behind her.

And who said comedy was dead ?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

And I thought I was having a bad day!

Poor lady!

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Come on that wasn't that funny and I'm easily entertained

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

You have to know what type of women she is.

Then maybe you would find it funny.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: JDmOKI

You have to know what type of women she is.

Then maybe you would find it funny.

Enlighten us, what kind of woman is she exactly?

As a person I have zero against her. She is refined, intelligent and very sweet really. Tory policies are not nearly social enough for me, but I don't start character assassinating because of it. It was a bad day for her, but it is better she be the PM than someone from the sharks on the right of her. There are some real mean bastards. I count my lucky stars it is her and not one of them.

There is some give in that she announced a council house building programme, which we desperately need. It is a nod in the right direction. Also, she is counteracting the greedy energy firms who have taken advantage of Brexit to squeeze some more cash out of us for the shareholders, so they can't give that as an excuse and hike the costs.

This is soft Tory. She will have brought upon herself the wrath of the right for being so socially minded. She is actually brave.

All that coming from someone who will not vote for her. See, it does not hurt to be grown up about politics instead of pretending we are at nursery school bullying.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

This is soft Tory. She will have brought upon herself the wrath of the right for being so socially minded. She is actually brave

Talk is cheap.

Actions are what counts. I don't expect there to be any.

As for what type of women she is, an example would be her calling a General Election when she thought The Labour Party was on it's knees. Pure political opportunism.

She had a shock when after the election she lost her majority. She then admits she cried when this happened. She shed no tears for those that died at Grenfell Tower fire.

Horrible woman.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Hello my friend. It's been a while since we spoke on here. I don't often do politics on here. Not what I generally come to ATS for at all. I always thought our former home secretary and current PM was a sort of mild mannered, moderate as far as Conservatives go.

However I have never really known what the woman really stands for.

She seems to be a total political opportunist. Boris (who is no different but a lot more dangerously right wing and useless when it comes to diplomacy) appeared to grasp the Brexit nettle, and declared we should leave. I don't for one moment believe he thought we would vote that way. But I do think he believed it would be close, it would see off Cameron and then he could step up as PM and still host "Have I Got News For You". But his best laid plans failed and he cowered out like many of his right wing chums.

What happened was actually worse. A very confused British population voted by a slim margin to leave the shackles of an EU without any real conception of how that would ever pan out in reality. People will pretend they do but they can't possibly understand how you undo 40+ years of economic and social integration without an awful lot of expertise and understanding of British-EU business and law.

Then up stepped the grey lady. Not really convinced about Brexit having previously been against it. But convinced about her career move. The chance to become PM without a public vote. "Strong and Stable" became her catchphrase.

But ever since the election it's become very apparent that she really is unable to think on her feet and needs a script at all times to see her through the day if she has to appear on camera. She thought Labour was a weakened and fractured party and called a General Election. She believed staying aloof and hiding from the public would mean she'd look stronger. But the mainstream media then had to give Corbyn a fair shout. Guess what? He didn't actually convince everyone but he did enough to slash the majority of the grey lady. Now she looks weak and incompetent.

She can't help being ill, nor could she help a comedian gatecrashing the party and handing her a fake P45. The Tory motto falling apart on live TV was beyond her control as well. But it feels like karma doesn't it? She may be a competent politician but she really has no control over anything.

ETA : Simon Brodkin does actually plan these things...It will be interesting to see what he releases in the future.

edit on 4/10/17 by mirageman because: edit

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I don't know her personally, however she managed to hold it together through it all.

Actually, given she manoeuvred to get where she is I suspect it will take more than stunts and bad luck to bring her down.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Come on that wasn't that funny and I'm easily entertained

When the letters started falling off the backdrop behind her I started laughing hysterically. It was the most excruciating political speech I have ever seen.

new topics

top topics

join