It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Quoted Psalms 34 Verse 18

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
The same God that ordered the Israelites to kill women and children?

Call that inflammatory but the OT is hardly the book to read from when speaking against innocent people getting killed, the OT is rife with that kind of stuff, all on the orders of Yahweh.

I'd say Trump is simply pandering to his base but I'm sure they'll eat it up along with everything else he says or does.

No, there's only 1 God, the one that manifested the Universe and flows through the Universe.

If a group of humans kill some people and says they are justified because God says bla bla bla, a discerning intelligent Enlightened person will know that's just gibberish to cover up their murders.

I mean think of the contradiction here - Moses comes down with a commandment "Thou shalt not kill", then what did they do? Went forward with killing people. Think about this.

Now, though not all Psalms were written by David, many were, and they are actually songs. Their purpose is, at least to us contemporary people, to give inspiration and consolation in times of great difficulty and grief.

So theoretically, you and I could read from Psalms and even find a lot of wisdom and usefulness in this book without having to be part of any religious sect at all. Much like we can read from any other great book in history, like the I Ching or the Book of Five Rings, and gain a lot of insight and wisdom from them without being committed to any religious sect or ideological persuasion.

I think it's important that we as "Enlightened" beings are able to have access to all books written throughout history and are able to utilize them for our personal growth and to take account of and be mindful of the many lessons and ideas they teach. We do not have to be aligned with anyone else, or even the author of those books, to learn and gain through borrowing their knowledge. Of course be skeptical within reason, but also pay heed to the lessons of the past.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

The same God that ordered the Israelites to kill women and children?

Call that inflammatory but the OT is hardly the book to read from when speaking against innocent people getting killed, the OT is rife with that kind of stuff, all on the orders of Yahweh.

I'd say Trump is simply pandering to his base but I'm sure they'll eat it up along with everything else he says or does.

Notice who the US are fighting now, those the Jews didnt finish off back then

The West has no right to complain when we are trying to do the same thing today

Innocent, nice choice of words.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

No reason is good enough to kill innocent people. I've never said otherwise.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

a reply to: WUNK22

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Musselmen

John Adams, a founding father, said the second quote, we all know where the first quote came from.

Not a troll, just a fact checker.

Btw, Musselmen = Muslims.

He didnt say founded on the Christian religion, he said founded on Christian beliefs. This could mean some or all Christian beliefs.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I'd say more like trying to be relatable to the majority of the country music crowd...which is pretty overwhelmingly Christian. It would also make sense because,there are many comforting passages to be found in the bible. Why does everything have to be analyzed to death...my god.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

"In any sense", read it again. In any sense means in any way.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

your chose a poor translation of the verse, the verse actually reads and is far more accurate to the original language than the one you quoted.

Psalm 34:18 The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
Maybe now you can tell the difference in the two, things that are different are not the same. Contrite is not "crushed". Definition of contrite is the feeling or showing sorrow and remorse for a sin or shortcoming.

edit on 7-10-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

This is great! Now we don't have to get rid of Trump for Pence!!! Yeah!!!

God is great!! Jesus is Lord!!

And that's why people should speak God's word (the bible) "truthfully".

Psalms 34:18 really says:

American Standard Version
Jehovah is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart, And saveth such as are of a contrite spirit.

Darby Bible Translation
Jehovah is nigh to those that are of a broken heart, and saveth them that are of a contrite spirit.

Young's Literal Translation
Near is Jehovah to the broken of heart, And the bruised of spirit He saveth.

New World Translation
18 Jehovah is close to the brokenhearted;

He saves those who are crushed in spirit.* [Or “are discouraged.”]

All of these bible translations got the translation right, the Hebrew word(s) for "The LORD" (ʹadonai) does not appear in Psalms 34:18.

Jeremiah 23:27 (NWT)

27 They intend to make my people forget my name by the dreams they relate to one another, just as their fathers forgot my name because of Baʹal. 28 Let the prophet who has a dream relate the dream, but the one who has my word should speak my word truthfully.

“What does the straw have in common with the grain?” declares Jehovah.

Not someone else who just happens to be a lord, king, "Mighty God" and "Eternal Father" as well. Making conflation attempts with the Lord Jesus and the (Sovereign) Lord Jehovah a little easier with the right conditioning*.

*: if the hearer has been properly prepared by this system of things and Babylon the Great's influence on humanity's thinking.

I'd like to emphasize points 11,12 (at 8:46 - 10:07) and 26 (around 23:00):

edit on 7-10-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

contrite does not mean Discourage and neither does crushed. the use of inferior copies instead of the preserved words of God will always lead one to error as such the JW's are an error filled group with an error filled New World translation .
edit on 7-10-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn
No need for red herrings.

A red herring is something that misleads or distracts from a relevant or important issue.

Source: wikipedia

I guess thanks for your demonstration of Jeremiah 23:27 though? You're dreaming and imagining things about "the use of inferior copies instead of the preserved words of God [with which you are referring to the KJV/AV] will always lead one to error as such the JW's are an error filled group with an error filled New World translation". I won't be responding to your red herring about the word "contrite" with anything more than this reminder that it's just a red herring to distract from what Psalm 34:18 really says. I quoted it truthfully from bible translators that just like the translators of the AV/KJV know full well that Psalm 34:18 uses God's name and not the Hebrew word that means "lord" or anything that can be honestly and accurately translated to "The LORD". Just like Jeremiah 23:28. And Psalm 83:18 (AV/KJV):

That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.

You won't give a reasonable answer or response as to why it's OK for the translators of the KJV/AV to translate the same Hebrew characters or letters at Psalms 83:18 as "JEHOVAH" and as "the LORD" in thousands of other places in the bible other than either unreasonably, illogically and incorrectly pretending that's what it means or that "the LORD" is an adequate substitute or alternate rendering for God's name (possibly arguing along the lines of those who argue that being unsure about exact spelling is a good excuse to do that or pretend that it's more or less the same thing or that it doesn't matter; or one might want to go the 'God has many names' or 'God's name is ineffable and unpronouncable' or 'unknown, a mystery' routes or routines, or a mixture or that God's name was not known or used for a certain period of time by humans but instead a title like "the LORD Almighty" or "God Almighty" or "the LORD", not sure exactly what you said there, but I remember it being a claim I've read from you in another thread that was in contradiction with Jehovah's word as well about the usage of God's name by humans along with those titles and on its own, one of my latest comments with bible quotations addresses it and when the bible records the use of God's name by humans such as Eve, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Moses). God's word at Jeremiah 23:27 begs to differ that it doesn't matter. It is how one recognizes certain types according to Jehovah's word. You may continue your demonstration of the truthfullness and accuracy of the bible...

2 Cor. 11:12-15:

12 But what I am doing I will continue to do, in order to eliminate the pretext of those who are wanting a basis* [Or “pretext.”] for being found equal to us in the things* [Or “the office.”] about which they boast. 13 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. 14 And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps disguising himself as an angel of light. 15 It is therefore nothing extraordinary if his ministers also keep disguising themselves as ministers of righteousness. But their end will be according to their works.

In the meantime, I will continue following the advice from Jeremiah 23:28:

"...the one who has my word should speak my word truthfully".

And not the advice, arguments or behaviour of the ones who clearly demonstrate that they intend to make God's people forget his name by translating it as "the LORD" thousands of times (but as "JEHOVAH" a couple of times to hide in plain sight leading to others to replace those last few instances with "the LORD" or even more deceptively "the Lord" later on), or those who followed suit or their behavioural pattern regarding God's name Jehovah in particular by even going as far as claiming that those thousands of instances of "the LORD" (where it really says "Jehovah") are the "preserved words of God". The very well preserved* words of God say "Jehovah" in honest and accurate English translations of the bible. In honest and accurate Italian translations it would say "Geova" instead of "Jehovah", Hawaiian: Iehova, Polish: Jehowa, Samoan: Ieova, Spanish: Jehová, Welsh: Iehofah, to name a few other examples. *: as in the manuscriptual evidence is crystal clear and extensive in terms of verifying its accuracy and authenticity, see video below

edit on 7-10-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

the whole NWT is a red herring or better yet a dead herring. I used the last one left at my door from your people's for fireplace kindling.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn
Yeah, I'm well aware of your true hatred for Jehovah's word, the bible, the preserved words of God, while professing the opposite. You'd never catch a witness of Jehovah using a KJV translation for fireplace kindling or expressing such an opinion. They have more respect for the work that went into making these translations even when they make almost 7000 deliberate deceptive 'mistakes' motivated by what's described at Jeremiah 23:27 and often Trinitarianism. As the video about the bible exhibit which includes KJV translations above shows without a doubt, as well as that the person who made the video below can do nothing but demonstrate the bible verses that are about lying by false teachers, false prophets, people deceiving themselves, "the deceit of their own heart" (Jeremiah 23:26), persuasive arguments (Col.2:4), “profitless talkers” and “deceivers of the mind” (Titus 1:10), etc.

The statement in the title above couldn't be any further from the truth of the matter. I dare anyone to produce a more misleading lying deceitful twisting video than above, on second thought, never mind, don't actually do that, it's just an expression about how dishonest the video above is and what game is being played and who really respects the AV including Psalms 83:18 in it and who are being the hypocrites that are described in the bible by Jesus, Isaiah and a couple of others (it's a recurring theme and Jesus was quoting Isaiah).

Oh, and this is the comment I was talking about concerning the use of God's name by Eve, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and Moses as recorded in the bible where God's name appears first at Genesis 2:4.

Proverbs 14:

5 A faithful witness is one that will not lie, but a false witness launches forth mere lies.

6 The ridiculer has sought to find wisdom, and there is none; but to the understanding one knowledge is an easy thing.

7 Go away from in front of the stupid man, for you will certainly not take note of the lips of knowledge.

8 The wisdom of the shrewd is to understand his way, but the foolishness of stupid ones is deception.

Inadvertent self-deception included.
edit on 8-10-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I use the AV to start fires when has broken apart and is no longer usable. The cover and pages are nothing more than covers and pages made of paper., cardboard and ink. The preserved word of God is spiritual and may be written on such but it is the Holy Ghost who teacheth it and puts it on our hearts.

Unlike you I don't worship a book of paper and ink. And any version which corrupts the true words of God as the NWT does is only best applied to the fire pit, where it belongs.

Sorry I won't view any videos you post or link too, the preserved word of God, the AV has already proven JW's are just religious people who are not saved and wont be even when they stand before God, because they wont apply The Shed blood of Jesus Christ as a covering for their sin.

edit on 8-10-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join