It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Quoted Psalms 34 Verse 18

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

The LORD is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves those who have a crushed spirit.

Part of his response to the Las Vegas shootings

LINK

He was undoubtedly counseled to use this scripture, but I am glad he choose to use it.

Some Presidents trying to be too politically correct would have declined to use that.
The Bible is always a good source, to get wisdom from, good for him, maybe he can learn something.
edit on 2-10-2017 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

This is great! Now we don't have to get rid of Trump for Pence!!! Yeah!!!

God is great!! Jesus is Lord!!

edit on 2-10-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Maybe it was actually Pences idea, sounds about right.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   

For once, Trump did go off script and ad-lib! Not once did he mention "crowd size" or say the word "loser" or "domestic terrorism".

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
A nation founded on Christian beliefs, sounnd appropriate.

Here comes the trolls

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The same God that ordered the Israelites to kill women and children?

Call that inflammatory but the OT is hardly the book to read from when speaking against innocent people getting killed, the OT is rife with that kind of stuff, all on the orders of Yahweh.

I'd say Trump is simply pandering to his base but I'm sure they'll eat it up along with everything else he says or does.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

He was undoubtedly counseled to use this scripture

I agree with the gist of your OP. But what makes you think that ?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
The same God that ordered the Israelites to kill women and children?

Call that inflammatory but the OT is hardly the book to read from when speaking against innocent people getting killed, the OT is rife with that kind of stuff, all on the orders of Yahweh.

I'd say Trump is simply pandering to his base but I'm sure they'll eat it up along with everything else he says or does.

And cattle , and slaves and every blade of grass. To leave nothing standing
There was a reason for that . And it was disobeyed.
Life was different back then.Arent we glad instead of buying our land , we dont have to fight a war over it.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

At least he isn't quoting the Quaran like the last President.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Musselmen

John Adams, a founding father, said the second quote, we all know where the first quote came from.

Not a troll, just a fact checker.

Btw, Musselmen = Muslims.
edit on 10/2/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Does anybody really think he knows the bible well enough to pull that scripture out and use it, I don't.
But he has pastors that supported him during the election run, he could have just phoned one of them up and said hey this President Trump do you have a good bible verse I could use when I address the nation today.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

ISIS would say the same about what they do I'm sure. "There's a reason for that."

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Of the 55 delegates to the 1787 Constitutional Convention, 28 were Anglicans (in the Church of England; or Episcopalian, after the American Revolutionary War was won), 21 were Protestants, and two were Roman Catholics (D. Carroll, and Fitzsimons).Among the Protestant delegates to the Constitutional Convention, eight were Presbyterians, seven were Congregationalists, two were Lutherans, two were Dutch Reformed, and two were Methodists.

People are always influenced by their core beliefs, I don't think you can even conceive of a world were evolution was not even in the equation. If anything they were fighting some of the core beliefs Catholicism had erroneously taught for centuries. I think they were honest in trying to form a better type of government than existed previously. And some of the ideology was rooted in Judaeo-christian principles. They never got everything right either, as they should have immediately outlawed slavery.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
A nation founded on Christian beliefs, sounnd appropriate.

Here comes the trolls

Hmmm... as I recall, the nation was settled and founded upon religious freedom, particularly from the self-appointed "Christians" persecuting those who didn't practice their version of "Christianity," forcing so many to flee Europe for the New World, such as the Puritan Migration.

Does the phrase "Burning Times" ring a bell? How about the "Malleus Malificarum"?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

And perhaps it'll be as early as tomorrow before We are inundated by protests of Herr Drumpf quoting a certain 'Holy Book' and not another.. Remember somewhere along the 'time spiral' We've jumped the rail and now everyONE is ultra-important or "V U I" Very Ultra Importante Persona'

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

At least he isn't quoting the Quaran like the last President.

True that.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I don't think a president quoting a verse from the bible is bad, after all, we have freedom of religion here. He did not lose his right to freedom of religion when he became president. Although, it does seem kind of weird to hear either of the biggest deceivers, Trump or Hillary, quoting anything from a book that condones deceit.

Actually, Trump doesn't try to deceive like Hillary, it is just that he makes unattainable goals. He is good at shifting attention off his messups though, I suppose that is deception too.
edit on 2-10-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

originally posted by: Gothmog

Does anybody really think he knows the bible well enough to pull that scripture out and use it, I don't.
But he has pastors that supported him during the election run, he could have just phoned one of them up and said hey this President Trump do you have a good bible verse I could use when I address the nation today.

Why do you think he doesnt ? From what I have heard , he was brought up as a Christian in a time where knowing the Bible was first rate.
?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Gothmog

ISIS would say the same about what they do I'm sure. "There's a reason for that."

Apparently , not much different than your posts....

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I have a friend here who texted me a few months ago saying they were ready to kill themselves that night.

The Spirit told me to quote Psalm 17.
I didn't even know the Psalm so I had to look it up.

Somehow this was the perfect thing to say to this person, and I think within 30minutes they were calmed down and feeling better. I won't say it was a magic fix or anything, but it was exactly what I needed to say to them.

And they are still posting on ATS today...
I believe it was a little tiny miracle and it was very moving at the time.

It blew me away because I didn't even know Psalm 17.
This was all spontaneous and manifest.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join