It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Silvery gray structure on Tomorrow Island, what could it be?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
TOMORROW ISLAND:

Another name for the Russian 'Big Diomede Island' is 'Tomorrow Island', due to its location on the international date line.
It's a rather unremarkable place, except for an odd plane that crashed here in 1971 and an anomalous silvery gray hut structure.
A set of car tracks leads up to this 'hut' within 40 meters. Is the 'hut' a tunnel entrance? Or a futuristic tool shed? A secret Russian listening post? Where are the antennas?

The structure measures approx. 9 meters across the dark opening, visible depth is 7m, the height 3 to 4m.
Part of the structure may extend into the mountain. The island is an ancient magma field that may or may not have underground caverns.
edit on 2-10-2017 by osaitax because: added picture

edit on 2-10-2017 by osaitax because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
A plane crashed there?

Could that be the front of a jet engine cowling laying on its side? Those structures are pretty 'hut' big too...

Boing

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Looks just like the outer covering of a jet engine. Not sure if the dimensions line up, but considering a plane crashed there, I think we have our answer.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Looks bigger then I thought from your image. I hit your link and zoomed out some are those tire tracks? They look like they head directly to the object. So someone has investigated this somewhere in the world. Maybe we can track down some images of the object if they are on the web. Someone when out there and took a look at some point.

~Morpheus

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Also used some GIS software I got that gave a little better resolution to the structure / object.

~Morpheus
edit on 2-10-2017 by MorpheusUSA because: to many to, toos

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Vehicle hut maybe . Across the water on Little there's a helo pad might be related. call someone there and ask it inhabited.

The plane looks in one piece about half way to the village along the tracks
edit on 2-10-2017 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Vehicle hut maybe.

Doesn't look like the vehicle goes into it, but it could be a storage shed of some kind. You can see the tracks leading up to it.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
How did that get there.

I see no runway whatsoever on that Island.

google maps

edit on 2-10-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Other structure and possible roads. Follow the roads and you'll find the Plane and a few more buildings.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Possibly a couple of weather stations. I did see what looked like a small base on the north end of the island. Can't be much though.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
How did that get there.

Flying over when the image was captured?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
How did that get there.

Flying over when the image was captured?

Look at using the google maps link. It's on the deck. You can see the shadow on the ground just underneath it.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol
Does the Bering straight freeze over the winter time? I heard you could drive from Russia to Alaska when it freezes? It might explain how materials manage to get to the islands

edit on 2-10-2017 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
A little bit of info from Wikipedia

After World War II, the native population was forced off Big Diomede Island to the mainland in order to avoid contacts across the border. Today, unlike Alaska's neighboring Little Diomede Island, it has no permanent native population, but it is the site of a Russian weather station and a base of Border Service of the Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation troops (FSB).[7][8]

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
The Russian version of the "Doomsday" seed vault?

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: osaitax

I've been wondering where my bonnet scoop flew off.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   
It looks to be broken. Like this one.

Plane wreck
edit on 10/3/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

The odd aircraft on Diomede (solved)

The plane is a Lisunov Li-2. This is a version of the Douglas DC3/C47 Dakota built under licence in Russia and Uzbekistan before and during WW2.

Actual data: Length: 19.65 m (64 ft 5 in)
Wingspan: 28.81 m (94 ft 6 in)

In September 1971, the Li-2 aircraft brought ballots to Ratmanov Island. It threw out the packages at the outpost and did not pull up in time because of a downdraft and low clouds. The crew made an emergency landing and spent the night on Big Diomede to be rescued the following day by helicopter.

edit on 5-10-2017 by osaitax because: pics added

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

I like that idea!

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Whatever it is, 'the shack' is the closest Russian building/structure to the US.

Robert Soolook, a Diomede villager, shows a journalist, with the help of a telescope a Russian observation post across the water on the Big Diomede Island. "It shouldn‘t be like this," he says. "We‘ve been here for thousands of years, before the English came, the Americans, the Russians, before any governments and regulations separated us from our families. This border is breaking our hearts."

Someone guessed that this 'observation post' that Robert Soolook saw is the 'shack' that we see.

I googled the *Robert Soolook' quote and found the original BBC article,
that also shows a picture of the alleged 'observation post':

Looks more like a lighthouse to me.

BBC article: www.bbc.com...
Diomede Chronology; diomedechronology.wordpress.com...
edit on 5-10-2017 by osaitax because: removed ambiguity

edit on 5-10-2017 by osaitax because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join