It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you tell if she's a robot or a human? 'Life-like android' at a Tokyo gaming conference baffle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

The alleged automaton was unveiled at the Tokyo Game Show held in Japan
The PR prop was there to promote the new PS4 game Detroit: Become Human
Footage of the reputed robot has amassed millions of views and comments
Some believe it must be a person while others are sure she is an android

An incredibly 'life-like' android appears to show how the line between woman and machine is starting to disappear.

Footage captured at this year's Tokyo Game Show has already amassed three million views on one video-sharing platform alone, but not everyone believes their eyes.

A fierce debate has broken out among people who have seen the reputed robot with many believing it must be a person, while others think she is the genuine article

Can you tell if she's a robot or a human? 'Life-like android' at a Tokyo gaming conference baffles social media Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

IMO this is a PR stunt and she is real. When she turns her head back to the left you can see her eyes trying not to stay fixed on something in front of her and they move just like a human's. With that being said if she is an android then God help us.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

Fake, she is a for real human.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Saw that yesterday........Im afraid she is a Real Japanese girl/woman, definitely not some robot.

The Japanese are good, but they are not at this level .....Yet. Maybe in 50 years.

You can tell shes obviously human, by her subtle eye movements and mouth movements, from the dozens of muscles in our faces.

She is getting paid to Role play as an android......role playing is something the Japanese seem to love.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Human.
www.instagram.com...
(From Youtube comments.)
Beautiful woman.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Punch it?

If it dies it's human obviously. If it lives and instantly knows how to dodge your next attack with a gravity defying kick to the top of your face, then it's a Japanese martial artist human. If it goes "beep beep boop" it's an android.

This is a 100% reliable android exposure test.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I am getting older. I need a longer video clip to really watch. Certainly, it would be unreal to think she is an android...but with this short clip...I am just left numb. I haven't a clue. Years ago, Japan had some awesome robotics/ android technology. Some show of the inventor with not just a female but a male. It was robotically real, but noticeable. Any more links?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   
It's funny, I saw something the other day (I'll try and find it) suggesting that this is actually a robot.

Ahhh....here it is
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

When can I make the sex with her?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

The big give-away in that image is the tie. It rests funny on the shirt and looks almost merged.

That's a good one though.

Punch it.........

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Yes, thats a good picture...........BUT its not a physical Robot OR an android..

It is Pure Computer generated CGI.

Quite different to a physical robot you can walk up to and touch.

But yes impressive as a CGI.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

We are all getting older
, but she is human.

Did you ever think that Data from Star Trek, was a real android.......he was just an actor, and played the part well.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: gort51

Was he ever punched though?

Did he go beep bop boop?

If not, I simply don't agree with you....

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Definitely actors...the article came from The Mirror......it's total BS.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

The alleged automaton was unveiled at the Tokyo Game Show held in Japan
The PR prop was there to promote the new PS4 game Detroit: Become Human
Footage of the reputed robot has amassed millions of views and comments
Some believe it must be a person while others are sure she is an android

An incredibly 'life-like' android appears to show how the line between woman and machine is starting to disappear.

Footage captured at this year's Tokyo Game Show has already amassed three million views on one video-sharing platform alone, but not everyone believes their eyes.

A fierce debate has broken out among people who have seen the reputed robot with many believing it must be a person, while others think she is the genuine article

Can you tell if she's a robot or a human? 'Life-like android' at a Tokyo gaming conference baffles social media Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

IMO this is a PR stunt and she is real. When she turns her head back to the left you can see her eyes trying not to stay fixed on something in front of her and they move just like a human's. With that being said if she is an android then God help us.

Totally human.

This reminded me of a show I'm dying to see a new season from though....West World. It is all about androids and AI. Super cool show.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Of course they're just people pretending to be androids. Here's a video showing more of the exhibit (and more actors playing androids):

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
a reply to: gort51

Was he ever punched though?

Did he go beep bop boop?

If not, I simply don't agree with you....

WHo?...Cynconcepts?

Im not sure if he goes beep bop boop, when punched.

Perhaps you should ask him....

Hey Cyn.......

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I believe the only thing standing between indistinguishable CGI characters and them being in movies and on the air is computing power, RAM and powerful enough GPU's to make rendering feasible. The tech is there already, but the costs of rendering the huge number of frames, polygons and believable lighting is just around the corner.

The detail needed to fool the human eye is extreme.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Not a robot, CG, and it's pretty good. We're a lot closer to convincing, entirely computer generated "actors" and "models" than we are to truly lifelike robots. Closer by decades.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Human pretending to be a robot! Although, when it's the other way around, I'm sure it will be the Japanese that do it.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Robot

top topics

<<   2 >>

join