It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TRUMP: The NFL must change or it will 'go to hell'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
This is all sooooo dumb.
Trump is an idiot and football players are spoiled wealthy brats but they can do what they want. Why does anyone care? There are real things going on. Get off of twitter and go do something useful...everyone.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Trump is right...the NFL will never recover from this.

Nothing will really change. The American public loses interest quickly. Look at the real issues of the country that have gone unaddressed for years.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Such a crazy issue.

Most people upset about this, are just angry, but they never think to ask why someone is doing this, why there are protesting. Why wouldn't you look into that?

The NFL is still pretty good entertainment, great athletes and spectacular plays and drama on any given Sunday. I still watch as do millions of others.

Smart people understand that it's entertainment and to a lesser extent, regional pride and sense of community and a sense of belonging to a larger group. All humans need that. Smart people understand that it's okay to protest...because we live in America. We were founded on protest, and smart people understand that there is a reason people protest, we respect it and we move on. We don't get all Butt hurt because someone takes a knee and then cut off our nose to spite our faces, because heaven forbid our "Conservative pundits" tell us it's the thing to do. LOL

Stop with all the fake outrage and put your energy to something way more positive and enjoy the games.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

originally posted by: notsure1
Well trump is continuing his war with the NFL, I wish he would just stick to actual problems and stay out of it .

I think he still has a grudge from his old USFL days. Otherwise why even get involved and stay involved?

Title is clickbait he actually says

In my opinion, the NFL has to change or their business is going to go to hell,

resident Donald Trump continued Wednesday to unleash on the NFL despite backlash to his call for owners to fire players protesting police brutality and racial injustice by kneeling during the national anthem

www.aol.com...

It's polarizing both sides. One site compared this to the slaves in the Colosseum giving the Emperor and Rome the finger, rather than fighting each other. Needless to say, the peasants who paid to watch aren't going to be happy.

But the 'gladiators' are still going out on the field and tearing their ACL's and getting repeated concussions for a paltry minimum salary of $465,000/year (for a rookie).
Average earnings for NFL players are over 2 million a year.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: notsure1

The title is a bit misleading.
He said that their 'business is going to go to hell'. I read that as, 'they are going to suffer a downturn in profits'.

The way I see it, they can lose billions and still be a billion dollar a year business that I don't care about at all any more.

I said in the op title was clickbait and posted what he actually said.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: notsure1

The title is a bit misleading.
He said that their 'business is going to go to hell'. I read that as, 'they are going to suffer a downturn in profits'.

The way I see it, they can lose billions and still be a billion dollar a year business that I don't care about at all any more.

I said in the op title was clickbait and posted what he actually said.

My apology for missing that.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Well trump is continuing his war with the NFL, I wish he would just stick to actual problems and stay out of it .

I think he still has a grudge from his old USFL days. Otherwise why even get involved and stay involved?

Title is clickbait he actually says

In my opinion, the NFL has to change or their business is going to go to hell,

resident Donald Trump continued Wednesday to unleash on the NFL despite backlash to his call for owners to fire players protesting police brutality and racial injustice by kneeling during the national anthem

www.aol.com...

He campaigned (and still operates) under the old adage "no such thing as bad publicity for business" yet he's ignoring the increased viewer ratings of the NFL, up 3% from last year.

He should know better than anybody that NFL business is certainly not "going to hell".

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
He's right. Even Steven Segal agrees. The other day on craigslist someone was selling everything on the Steelers. Their shirts, clothings, memorbelia that were signed. So it looks like that person doesn't like the Steelers anymore.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackSkinhead

Why doesn't he just choose to ignore it like he does racism and police brutality.

Damn.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
FYI Usain Bolt, Jamaican has more respect for the National Anthem than the Negro Felon League....

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16
FYI Usain Bolt, Jamaican has more respect for the National Anthem than the Negro Felon League....

Wow.. and what do you suggest? 'Baaack to those good old cotton picking days'?

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Negro Felon League.

Original.

2.5/10

Based on delivery only.

Notice it's just not the negro felons kneeling manuelram, it's the crackers too.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackSkinhead

Negro Felon League.

Original.

2.5/10

Based on delivery only.

Notice it's just not the negro felons kneeling manuelram, it's the crackers too.

ok this thread is done.. Gl with the banning.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Negro Felon League.

Original.

2.5/10

Based on delivery only.

I'm black.

Was it the crackers comment I posted as a reply to the negro felons league that pushed you over the edge?

If you haven't gathered, sometimes the best way to fight racism is with humour. Trust me.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Negro Felon League.

Original.

2.5/10

Based on delivery only.

I'm black.

Was it the crackers comment I posted as a reply to the negro felons league that pushed you over the edge?

If you haven't gathered, sometimes the best way to fight racism is with humour. Trust me.

I dont take any offense to any of it. I just figure you 2 are gonna get banned for saying it. If I were you I wouldedit it.

But I wont alert staff.lol

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I wish he would go after CNN with the same gusto!
edit on 9/27/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Do people watch your football for the anthem only? Is it really that much of an issue?

Why doesn't he just choose to ignore it like he does racism and police brutality.

I am kinda a Trump supporter (I did vote for him) and he is entitled to his opinion and I happen to agree with him on this issue. But man I wish he would have just stayed out of it .

I could have written that, same here. This is where he is starting to loose me here, What is de doing in this? isn't there bigger fish to fry? I am not going to stop watching football, its the only sport I really care about, I love the game,,,,not the player
edit on 27-9-2017 by darepairman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Posted here....
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and here
and here

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussions in the above linked threads.
Thanks

**Closed**

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join