It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cape Town (South Africa) - "Day Zero" looms for water!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
All those diamonds, all that gold, all that cheap black labour and no-one thought to build a desalination plant and use sea water to flush the tollies down the shunkie. Hmmmm.
edit on 24-9-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Exactly - hit the nail on the head.
Inexplicable, but sums it up.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

Just curious, do kids in other places know what a hosepipe is, or what sprinkler system is?
I think we have forgotten.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Everyday schlepp - saving water.

edit on 24-9-2017 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Is that halfoldman in the pics?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Desalination is a last-ditch solution because it's expensive to build and uses large amounts of energy to operate. Isn't there something of a problem with electrical demand over there already which makes an additional demand of 100MW or more somewhat difficult?

Oh - and you'd need to have started construction a year or more ago

We built some here in Oz during an extended dry spell but then it rained so they sit idle now
edit on 24/9/2017 by Pilgrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Yes that's me.

Sorry no frills, or anything fancy.

Morning routine, if there is any water to save.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Hey you ain't no halfoldman, I thought from your name you'd be a lot older. You're more like quatertothirdoldman

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   
The other day I had to move some of these containers.
Nope, couldn't move them more than a few inches.
I'm not the biggest specimen.

But then I realized you must take one in the left-hand, and one in the right-hand.
Balance it out.
Yeah, then I can waddle like a duck.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
Chilling photos of Cape Town's dams.
www.jacarandafm.com...

Those photo's were taken in March.

Didnt you state in your OP that the rainfall season is just over?

So surely theres a lot more water than whats in those photo's?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pilgrum
Desalination is a last-ditch solution because it's expensive to build and uses large amounts of energy to operate. Isn't there something of a problem with electrical demand over there already which makes an additional demand of 100MW or more somewhat difficult?

We built some here in Oz during an extended dry spell but then it rained so they sit idle now

Expensive to build.?..... I believe the gold and diamonds and basically free labour covers that one.

Large amounts of energy to operate,?.... I believe solar power has been around for a while now and considering cape town is very very sunny most of the year round i think we have that covered also.

Started construction a year ago.?...Hasn't south africa been mining diamonds, gold and various other high value minerals for the best part of 70 years. Hasn't South Africa been getting warmer and warmer for the best part of 40 years. Nothing like planning ahead for the future..

Some forward thinking mofo's in Soof Efreeka.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Well, I see it would all be very, very easy if *you* ran South Africa.

But you don't; the ANC does, and they have apparently not been good stewards to their people for various reasons.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Why dont you go over and sort it out for them then?

Sounds like you have all the answers...

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Sigh, us scientifically minded people have been warning for decades that these problems were coming due to our overblown population, but no one could be bothered to listen.

Drought, flooding, damaging hurricanes, there were lots of warnings, but I guess the truth was too inconvenient.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Sigh, us scientifically minded people have been warning for decades that these problems were coming due to our overblown population, but no one could be bothered to listen.

Drought, flooding, damaging hurricanes, there were lots of warnings, but I guess the truth was too inconvenient.

Wow! You mean all those things never, ever happened before the concept of MMGW was thought up?!

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Indeed they were taken in March.
But nope, the expected rainfall did not materialize.
And now it's the end of our rainy season in the Cape.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: CB328

Wow! You mean all those things never, ever happened before the concept of MMGW was thought up?!

They HAVE happened, and will happen again. MMGW - is that an excuse world wide for sheer stupidity? NO ONE is more intelligent than a 'C' average and we're all subject to a world poplation of average intelligence? This has been going on for decades. They have certainly figured it out in other areas of the world. Greed and ignorance.....hmmm, sounds like the fall of Rome. It makes one wonder if there's is any possibility of survival of the human race.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: Pilgrum

Expensive to build.?..... I believe the gold and diamonds and basically free labour covers that one.

Large amounts of energy to operate,?.... I believe solar power has been around for a while now and considering cape town is very very sunny most of the year round i think we have that covered also.

Started construction a year ago.?...Hasn't south africa been mining diamonds, gold and various other high value minerals for the best part of 70 years. Hasn't South Africa been getting warmer and warmer for the best part of 40 years. Nothing like planning ahead for the future..

Some forward thinking mofo's in Soof Efreeka.

These countries do not plan for the future and build infrastructure because they are basically being held on a leash, this is the third world war playing out, the west do not want any other countries especially ones like Africa to expand and become a player on the world stage, this is all by design.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Good point.

Not sure if South Africa could ever compete with countries like the USA, Canada, Europe or Australia.

But we are 25 percent of Africa's income.
(Only Algeria comes next, and that's borderline European.)

You control South Africa, and you have the heart of Africa.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   
OK, a minority of 4 million whites that have lived in South Africa for almost 400 years (surrounded by about 50 million black people).

How does it feel?

Look, there are issues.
But if they really hated us so much, we would have been gone a long time ago.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join