It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Tube Acid attack

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   
its pretty worrying how much of a new trend in UK crime this is becoming.

Its a horrible attack.

Its also very difficult to to anything to prevent it, you cannot put a ban on acids because anyone can empty out a car battery with a little know how so thats pretty pointless.

As with everything in the UK I think our criminal justice system needs to be much harder on criminals, if, or when they catch the scum who done this then they should be sentenced to life in prison, not twenty years but life, as in until the day they die. Currently I do not believe we have enough of a deterrent when it comes to attacks like this.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Actually, carrying corrosive chemicals in public can already be dealt with.
Just need to go back to stop and search and enforce the laws.

It's dead easy to tell the difference between someone going to clear a drain and some kid wanting to hurt people.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

One problem with a deterrent effect is these kids are generally criminals already and have low educational attainments. In other words, they're crooked morons without a clue.

One's been arrested (15yo) and he'll be savvy enough to know a custodial in YOI is the worst he'll get.

I do agree they need to face stiffer sentences, but I'm very aware that we had identical media hysterics about stabbings. Remember that one? They brought in five-year sentences for possession of knives and, last I looked, it'd been used in single figures. Fewer than ten young people being sentenced to the max when knives/blades are being confiscated in their hundreds weekly and youngsters are being slashed in turf spats.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
It's a very sickening tactic used to disfigure people. Are any restrictions in place for sale of stuff there, seems like there should be being it's all too common. I understand about use from car batteries, but they need to find the common source that it comes from if not that. For example, In the US certain chemicals often used to make meth, are meant with having to give your ID/license during sale.
edit on 24-9-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join