It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Tube Acid attack

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Visit the long article (has pics and everything) for in-depth evaluation. The article says the perps were young blacks but so far they are not classifying it as a terrorist attack...

I for one hope they catch the perps ...

At least eight people injured tonight in a massive acid attack after a gang of men sprayed a noxious substance
Police and paramedics rushed to the Stratford Shopping Centre in east London at 8pm to reports of attack
Witnesses described panic in the moments after the assault as injured people hurried to wash their faces
Paramedics treated eight people for injuries as one man repeatedly screamed 'I can't see' in Stratford station

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
I for one hope they catch the perps ...

It would be better if their immigration policies were reviewed and overhauled.

Maybe start kicking people out of the country ... arbitrarily for starters. That's about as random as terrorism.

Put the shoe on the other foot for a while.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Won’t be terror related.

This has been a gangland thing in London for over a century.

Cleaner than a knife, more silent than a gun.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Whatever kind of human being would do this to another needs to be put down. Gang member, terrorist, whatever.

No one deserves to have this happen to them.

edit on 2017/9/23 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Won’t be terror related.

A 'group' of people running amok throwing acid into people's faces isn't terrorism? Huh??

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

No it doesn't meet the definition, according to witnesses they were targeting a small number of people they were arguing with NOT orchestrating a campaign specifically to cause fear and terror amongst the general public on a wide scale.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

Won’t be terror related.

A 'group' of people running amok throwing acid into people's faces isn't terrorism? Huh??

Not if we are using the Legal definition, no it’s not.

If we are being pedantic then yes, obviously this is a terrifying terrible terror attack.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Whatever kind of human being would do this to another needs to be put down. Gang member, terrorist, whatever.

Here Here

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Convicted Paedophiles and Rapists do.
edit on 23-9-2017 by Hazardous1408 because: Fixed tags.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

It's one of the most insidious ways to assault people. I think the fear of an attack like this is always idling in the depths of my mind.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

If they are convicted, they are serving sentences deemed appropriate by society.
Last I checked in society, acid attacks are not proper punishment for any crimes.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

They deserve a gallon of the strongest acid known to man poured on their genitals, slowly over the course of several days.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
The world is getting crazier everyday. Best to keep your head on a swivel... I'm always aware of my surroundings, and I watch people very intently all the time. DTA(don't trust anybody)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrHammondStoat

No it doesn't meet the definition, according to witnesses they were targeting a small number of people they were arguing with NOT orchestrating a campaign specifically to cause fear and terror amongst the general public on a wide scale.

Maybe they need to change their definition of terror then ?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Chucking a bottle of acid in a public area at one person is always going to injure bystanders. Even if you target someone at their front door or in their home, there's always the danger of mistaken identity.

www.dailymail.co.uk... tity-rebuilt-life-family-s-help.html

I personally believe that someone who injures an innocent bystander or through a case of mistaken identity therefore deserves the same punishment that they intended to carry out on their victim.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

These kinds of events are enough to scare people away from living in London. Why do you think so many people pay thousands a year to commute hours in and out of London?

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
When Mace just isn't enough. Acid!
What a bunch of dum dums.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Sadly it is a very very common attack now using acid, there is of course another issue and that is stop and search powers that have all but been taken away from Police officers.

The known tactic of these total pieces of sh#t is to use a spray type sports drinking bottle such as Lucozade sport or a childs fruit shoot bottle to then fill with acid and carry knowing that even if the Police stop them they are unable to check the contents, (Yes this is true). I think it shows the absurdity of what we face now with a total lack of common sense.

I have also been made aware that to stop Police coming onto certain housing estates these "people that are good boys who never had a chance", will put a pin prick into a egg and suck out the yolk to then refill if their acid of choice and then go about throwing these at Police in the area, of course the media does not report on it!!!!!...

The long and short is you have a ever growing idea that being a "street thug" is perfectly acceptable, a Police force that is to politically correct to nip this BS in the bud and a portion of the population that always calls fool whenever something is highlighted from a enforcement point of view, it really is starting to have a feel of a banana republik.

RA
edit on 24-9-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   
As a side note to this.....the subject of acid attacks came up on a close protection forum I'm a member of recently. It was regarding the prospect of acid being used on the principal you are protecting and the correct medical assistance to give.

Long story short, and any serving paramedics will be able to add to this, it was said that only water should be used to flush the acid until more advanced emergency arrives.

Some people, members of the public as well as CP operatives, have started carrying alkalines of some sort thinking it will be able to counteract the acid immediately. However.....and again I'm no expert in chemistry so please add to this if you like.....some alkalines could make the situation worse.

You do not know exactly what has been thrown when an attack happens, some people throw things like caustic soda.....and adding alkali can produce more heat. Not a good thing.

Remove contaminated clothing if at all possible minimise the injuries, this also applies the professions to identify what has been used..... and flush with water till aid comes.

Sorry for the slight sidetrack.....but you never know when you'll come across this.

CX.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

These kinds of events are enough to scare people away from living in London. Why do you think so many people pay thousands a year to commute hours in and out of London?

For the vast majority it's because you can have 6 times the house for half the money.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join