It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

240,000 flee 'imminent' Bali volcano eruption

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This flight track data must be wrong the airport is closed?

flightaware.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

www.news.com.au...< br /> "Bali volcano: Indonesian authorities raise Mt Agung alert to highest level, extend evacuation zone"

Officials said Denpasar airport would remain as the ash could be avoided and tests for ash had been negative. Indonesia’s flag carrier Garuda Air cancelled all its flights to and from Lombok on Sunday. Authorities have now raised the alert for the erupting volanco to its highest level and are ordering anyone within 10 kilometres of Mount Agung to leave.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
If anyone isn't watching already... Here is a link to a live cam of Ugung.

Pretty cool. Right now it is night time.

I have been watching for a couple days now. There has been some abrupt explosions.

Larhar's are happening also. They are telling folks to stay away from rivers and streams.

As far as I know, there have been no reports of loss of life.

Airport has been closed since yesterday. ALthough there are some flights taking off and landing.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 27-11-2017 by crappiekat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Is Climate Change to blame for this? I only ask because I feel like it will be sold that way before the day is over. MIght as well get it over with early.

Well, if they get ANYONE to even remotely buy into that, we are in serious trouble as a species.

Fred.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: fredrodgers1960

originally posted by: network dude
Is Climate Change to blame for this? I only ask because I feel like it will be sold that way before the day is over. MIght as well get it over with early.

Well, if they get ANYONE to even remotely buy into that, we are in serious trouble as a species.

Fred.

There is always that extremely remote chance Agung does something catastrophically spectacular and causes climate change, but even at its worst, it's far more likely to be something like Mt. St. Helens in intensity which is a degree less than Pinatubo was.

That's bad enough, but it will stay mostly local rather than global in scope.

And there is also every chance Agung could just cough out some crud and settle back down too although right now, it seems to be following its 1963 pattern.

posted on Nov, 27 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
the logistics of moving 240 thousand ruarl indonesians around an island with rudimentary infrastructure = night mare - and a SLOW operation

posted on Aug, 5 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Could the earthquake just east of Mt Agung might be related?
Magnitude 7.0 according to some reports.
edit on 5-8-2018 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join