It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NIBIRU WATCH- ATS-ers Down Under 9/21 And On

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: prevenge

Just as the Moon blocks our line of sight from something as massive in space as our Sun during eclipses... AS DOES THE SUN. The Sun is ALWAYS blocking our line of sight, constantly, from a great many things.

Yes and we orbit the sun.

Do you understand what that enfolds?

Anything obscured by the sun will be visible in a few months once we move around it a little.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

And that wouldn't let anything come up from "under" the earth towards the South Pole. Either it's coming up perpendicular to our orbit, and is below us, or it's on the same plane as us. You can't have it both ways.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

Just as the Moon blocks our line of sight from something as massive in space as our Sun during eclipses... AS DOES THE SUN. The Sun is ALWAYS blocking our line of sight, constantly, from a great many things.

Yes and we orbit the sun.

Do you understand what that enfolds?

Anything obscured by the sun will be visible in a few months once we move around it a little.

Can ya dumb it down fur me a bit?

Yes....I completely understand what that postulation incurs in most minds educated in basic planetary behavioooorrrrr...
...//moooan of tediummmm//....
The concept that chronically eludes the vast majority of posters here is one that perhaps will take a bit more illustration.
Maybe I'll prepare a nice little simulation video for the kids...

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: randyvs

It's scientific fact that any object the size of noobiru that's set to hit the earth tomorrow would be clearly visible in the sky.

It's not.

And that's all folks!

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Maybe I'll prepare a nice little simulation video for the kids...

Do. Please.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   

This video will be interesting.

Above the poles it will be visible, behind the sun we could still see it, behind the sun and synced to Earth's orbit we could still see it, behind one of the gas giants we would still see it via the gravitational effects on all moons and objects.

Hiding behind anything we would still see it via it's gravity influence, just entering the system? Still see it.

So yes, educate us on orbital mechanics (I would love to be informed on something new on this that I have not been taught...) - you don't even need to make a video; just grab an image of the solar system and go into Paint and draw lines and circles.

Simple.
edit on 2-10-2017 by MuonToGluon because: Fixed

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Maybe I'll prepare a nice little simulation video for the kids... Text

Yes,

Please do.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: MuonToGluon

Above the poles it will be visible, behind the sun we could still see it, behind the sun and synced to Earth's orbit we could still see it, behind one of the gas giants we would still see it via the gravitational effects on all moons and objects.

Quite right.

For example, Polaris (the North Star) is directly above the North Pole, but it can be seen from virtually the entire northern hemisphere of Earth. The same would go for an object that was directly above the South Pole -- I.e., it would be visible from virtually the entire southern hemisphere.

So there is no such thing as a celestial object that can "only be seen from Antarctica".

Plus, both the Earth and the gas giants are constantly moving around the Sun, so anything that is hidden behind a gas giant would not stay hidden long. For example, it is not uncommon to (using a backyard telescope) be able to see Jupiter passing in from of a star behind it -- but due to the motions of Jupiter and the Earth, the star stays hidden behind Jupiter for only a few hours or a day at best.

In this video, Jupiter is "occulting" (passing in front of) a star. The star is the object directly on the edge of Jupiter's disk, at about the 4 or 5 o'clock position (the other object seen at the beginning is one of Jupiter's moons). This video is in real time, and one could see that the star only takes a minute to go from being visible to being covered.

edit on 2/10/2017 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Blarneystoner

Even if "Nibiru" was a dark star, an object of it's supposed size would have an effect on the orbits of other planetary bodies in our solar system, but that's not the case.

Even if was a dark star and if it was affecting the orbits it would be visible most likely to the naked eye.

I misspoke... I used the term "dark star" but meant to say Dark Planet.... which might not reflect that much light.

Darkest Planet Found: Coal-Black, It Reflects Almost No Light

Nevertheless...

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

I've got an idea what he's going to post, I've seen the argument before.

Think of a ballistic line/angle of a gunshot - it'll be a red line angled just above the sun pointing down to a narrow section above the pole, making the illusion you could only see it via a narrow angle in that section of Antarctica.

Thing is, the way we figured out long long ago (and I mean a LONG time ago) the Earth did not have a twin (Counter Earth) on the other side of the Sun in sync with Earth's orbit is the way we would know now with Nibiru...
edit on 2-10-2017 by MuonToGluon because: Fixed

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MuonToGluon

You mean it's not going to be an orbital simulation?

I wanted, ever so much, for it to be an orbital simulation.

edit on 10/2/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatHappened

Cassini.

Saturn, not Niburu. Saturn.

There are all sorts of pictures taken by Cassini in it's nearly twenty year mission to explore Saturn.

No Nibiru involved. Sorry.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Give it another twenty years or so...

I mean it's gotta get here eventually, right? Right?

Oh, alright, probably not.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner

a reply to: Blarneystoner

Even if "Nibiru" was a dark star, an object of it's supposed size would have an effect on the orbits of other planetary bodies in our solar system, but that's not the case.

Even if was a dark star and if it was affecting the orbits it would be visible most likely to the naked eye.

I misspoke... I used the term "dark star" but meant to say Dark Planet.... which might not reflect that much light.

Darkest Planet Found: Coal-Black, It Reflects Almost No Light

Nevertheless...

If its detectable at 750 light years away the I feel safe to think it would also be detectable if it was closer especially much closer and heading towards us.

The planet still has a red hue to it so it would eventually able to be seen by the naked eye if it was getting closer.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   

ALERT! - The date of NIBIRU's catastrophic affect on Earth was shifted to Sunday, November 19, 2017. That's today folks!

Here’s to hoping that you made plans for an epic weekend, because it may be our last.

Conspiracy theorists are claiming that a rogue planet will disrupt Earth’s orbit this Sunday and bring about a series of catastrophic earthquakes that could decimate life as we know it.

Nibiru, also known as Planet X, was originally supposed to destroy our world on Sept. 23 according to a Christian "numerologist" who said it was to collide with Earth, according to a recent report by the Daily Mail.

But that day came and went without an apocalypse in sight. Now theorists say that Nibiru will come near our planet this weekend and throw off our gravitational forces and with it, bring hellfire and brimstone.

Source: (Maybe the Last Article You May Ever Read!): www.foxnews.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

So when the day comes and goes and nothing happens can we finally drop this crap? Or are we just going to keep moving the date back.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

So when the day comes and goes and nothing happens can we finally drop this crap? Or are we just going to keep moving the date back.

We are just going to keep moving the date.

posted on Nov, 19 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   

I'm at 43S latitude which is halfway between the Equator and Antarctica, skies are clear last couple of days and trust me, there's nothing out of the ordinary just like with all the previous doomsday predictions.

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join