It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Jesus Coin another sign of the end times?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I mentioned this in another thread of mine, but I felt this might deserve its own thread.

Over the years, I have read many prophecies that said in the end times, there would be great debauchery and blasphemy, etc.

That came powerfully to mind when I read about Jesus Coin the other day. It's a new cryptocurrency with a very satirical website. The tagline is, "Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain."

The company claims that Jesus Coin (JC) "has been developed as the currency of God’s Son. Unlike morally bereft cryptocurrencies, Jesus Coin has the unique advantage of providing global access to Jesus that’s safer and faster than ever before."

Normally, I would have laughed (I love standup comedy and satirical humor), but somehow I didn't think it was very funny, considering all the extreme things that have been happening to me personally (thread here) and all over the world (hurricanes, earthquakes, etc.).

In fact, it made me feel really queasy. If you're a Christian, you might understand why.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
It's a gimmick to get gullible religious people to follow another one of the hundreds of crypto-coins being developed. Its a pump and dump scheme for profit. Religion, when presented in a certain way, playing on peoples emotions can make the presenter very rich.

By the way, I am selling tickets to heaven. A good buy for $500. Get them while they last. After death, just present the ticket at the pearly gates.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: sylvie

Yay! Indulgences 2.0!!!

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
It's a gimmick to get gullible religious people to follow another one of the hundreds of crypto-coins being developed. Its a pump and dump scheme for profit. Religion, when presented in a certain way, playing on peoples emotions can make the presenter very rich.

By the way, I am selling tickets to heaven. A good buy for $500. Get them while they last. After death, just present the ticket at the pearly gates.

I truly believe that is all Jimmy Swagart was selling. You guys remember him, the mega wealthy preacher who ended up telling the world he "sinned". Who gave a #s ass. I wondered if his wife ever divorced him.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
And if you believe that, I've got a free guest pass for the Gates of Heaven end of the world tour. This pass gives you access to all pre-show party events in the VIP waiting lounge, along with the opportunity to meet and greet the Big. J and even Mr G. himself along with all the prophets and saints. It's guaranteed to be a big event! All yours for only $10K plus tax(*)

(*) May vary from state to state.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
It's only offensive as usual.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Hey Sylvie,

Yeah, there is not much respect for Christ. However, at least His disciples don't go round blowing everybody up if they insult their Boss.

Yes, I think it is an anxious time for Western Christians. It is a huge walk to walk in just one short generation from it being the establishment to being laughed at and cast out as the West has secularised establishment wise.

Please don't worry. It's all gonna be okay in the end. We are not quite at the end point yet. I think after the late 2020s there may come a good time for the world. I'm not so sure that THE END has not been happening for the last 2,000 years. Christ called it rightly so the end times because two thousand years out of a million plus years (how long we have been here) is indeed an ending.

In many ways Revelations has been an ongoing development for two thousand years. If you look at the final chapter the Angel told John NOT to seal up the prophesy. That means that it was meant for then to begin unfolding.

On that basis perhaps Revelation is almost over and we can turn to the last Chapter of Daniel, to the prophesy that was sealed up until the end. The Angel told Daniel to seal his prophesy up until the end time.

Keep some oil in your lamp and keep watching. Those were our instructions from the Master.

edit on 22-9-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

A friend of mine all his life said these were the end times. He's now been dead for a long time. He used say Jesus was going to return in his lifetime too. You all will be long dead and gone before the end times occur or Jesus returns.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   

How strange, last night i had a dream... In the dream i found a silver dollar, but it had a picture of Satan entering a man through his ear.. Frigging weird one that was..

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   
i personally prefer doing my shopping with coinye, this new 1 sounds like a scam

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:40 AM
link   

No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

Luke 16:13

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   

the perfect illustration of the cryptocurrency scam

and people scream that " fiat currencies " are worthless - ROFLMAO

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

A friend of mine all his life said these were the end times. He's now been dead for a long time. He used say Jesus was going to return in his lifetime too. You all will be long dead and gone before the end times occur or Jesus returns.

Nope..you are wrong..the waiting game has run its course.

Then again why WOULD anyone want Jesus to return in their lifetime...things will be most unpleasant.

If he reveals himself the ass-kicking will be on levels unheard of in world history...even Universal history.

Not many going to recognize his unmerciful side..but hey..guy has to do what he has to do.

Time to make things right!!

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Regardless of the religious ties and connotations, can anyone who is savvy in cryptocurrency speculate on the the investment growth this coin may possess? So many cryptocurrencies have exponentiated their value, if this has any future merit, I may try to make a quick buck on this.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: eManym

Have you read the website? It's really more bound to turn religious people off than draw them to the currency. I mean, if you were a devout Christian, would you buy something from a company whose chairman and CEO claims to be Jesus Christ himself, with Judas Iscariot as his trustee and Saint Peter as the public relations manager? Please. I think it's really just an irreverent joke at the expense of Christianity... and that's very obvious. I'd be more inclined to buy some if I were an atheist—the same way atheists love the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Christians, not so much.

I'm usually not a Bible thumper, but to have an official coin in Jesus's name, a person who was the least materialistic of all and actually despised "money changers," seems like the epitome of wrongness.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

the perfect illustration of the cryptocurrency scam

and people scream that " fiat currencies " are worthless - ROFLMAO

Yes, that's a different topic, but usually crazy things like the Jesus Coin mark the top of a market. When everyone goes nuts over an asset AND insane stories pop up around that asset (e.g., in 2006 and 2007, people mortgaging their homes for Super Bowl tickets, because everyone just KNEW that home prices would go up forever), it's a pretty good indicator.

The Bitcoin craze might go on for another year, but I think it's doomed.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: solve

How strange, last night i had a dream... In the dream i found a silver dollar, but it had a picture of Satan entering a man through his ear.. Frigging weird one that was..

Oooo good!

I had a silver dollar a couple days ago.

What else? I was told that a gal i know thinks im possesed!

And get this...

I cleaned my ear out last night with unexpected results. The liquid somehow got into my inner ear and gave me vertigo. It also feels like something is in my right ear still! My ear drum isnt perforated too. Wtf right?

Ok cool story bro, im sure youre thinking.

Ugh. Hellllllllloooooooooo.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: sylvie
....Unlike morally bereft cryptocurrencies...

oh so crypto currencies are morally bereft eh? you aware there are many started as nonprofit charities to feed the homeless, the disabled, theres charities coins for aquariums and all sorts of other social programs,
yet you cast stones in judgement of them all so easily....
it merely reveals you as unreasonably biased, not that its surprising since that seems to be the usual mo of those who preach...
edit on 22-9-2017 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

Wow, way to cherry pick!

For starters, you quote something the OP quoted off the company in question's website.

The company claims that Jesus Coin (JC) "has been developed as the currency of God’s Son. Unlike morally bereft cryptocurrencies, Jesus Coin has the unique advantage of providing global access to Jesus that’s safer and faster than ever before."

So if you don't like it, take that up with them.

Most of the discussion here is whether or not the cyptocurrency in question is designed as a mockery of Christians or to appeal to them.
edit on 22-9-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: NobodiesNormal

originally posted by: sylvie
....Unlike morally bereft cryptocurrencies...

oh so crypto currencies are morally bereft eh? you aware there are many started as nonprofit charities to feed the homeless, the disabled, theres charities coins for aquariums and all sorts of other social programs,
yet you cast stones in judgement of them all so easily....
it merely reveals you as unreasonably biased, not that its surprising since that seems to be the usual mo of those who preach...

"Morally bereft cryptocurrencies" was a quote from the Jesus Coin website.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join