It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate change not as threatening to planet - Scientists got their modelling wrong

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: scubagravy

We need to find alternatives to burning stuff.

We have its called a vaporizer...

LOL...good one.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Those require more energy than you get out of them.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Those require more energy than you get out of them.

So does my girlfriend ...

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   

You're doing it wrong.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

She's a firecracker, its worth it.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Ok then, the title of that article

Limiting global warming to 1.5 °C may still be possible

And your point is?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell
My point is that the study which your OP touts, says that, if adhered to, the Paris agreement goals for limiting CO2 emissions in the near term may actually be able to restrict global warming to the goal of 1.5º through the 21st century. If not, there is no chance of that occurring.

Was it really that hard to understand? Did you read what the study says? No? You just went with what someone told you the study says? You shouldn't do that.
edit on 9/19/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   

a reply to: myselfaswell
My point is that the study which your OP touts, says that, if adhered to, the Paris agreement goals for limiting CO2 emissions may actually be able to restrict global warming to the goal of 1.5º through the 21st century. If not, there is no chance of that occurring.

Was it really that hard to understand? Did you read what the study says?

Sheesh....It's like everyone is from a different planet ay bra

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   
They had to push it back . Not enough folks are giving their hard earned money up yet.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   

My point is that the study which your OP touts, says that, if adhered to, the Paris agreement goals for limiting CO2 emissions in the near term may actually be able to restrict global warming to the goal of 1.5º through the 21st century.

it's cute how you can just say that...and appear holly. There is no way anyone can test that..it's a token statement without any weight in the real world.

"may actually"

That's based on recent models I'm guessing ? The now revised models...which anti AGW people have been claiming as flawed to begin with ?

Never mind that you initially did everything to put to shame all those that doubted climate models.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Most of the heat is being absorbed by the ocean.
Average temperatures of the oceans have risen since we began burning fossil fuels. But there is only so much the oceans can take.

1 or 2 degrees might not make a difference to you and me.
Unfortunately this has huge effect on corals. They can't handle the warm temperatures and bleach to die out.
If you look beneath the surface (and I have) the consequences of global warming are painfully evident.
We are witnessing a mass extinction which eventually will have an effect on millions of people.

Do me a favor and watch the documentary 'Chasing Coral' on Netflix.

g.co...

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   
a reply to: z00mster

coral has survived climate change (colder and hotter) for the last 50,000 years. What makes this "climate change" any more deadly than the last climate change?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks
a reply to: z00mster

coral has survived climate change (colder and hotter) for the last 50,000 years. What makes this "climate change" any more deadly than the last climate change?

We are here to witness it, and speculate.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
The old climate models are wrong but our new climate models are spot on.....sure they are.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
This sounds a lot like:

" hey, sorry you found out we lied about our climate studies, but we still need all of those sweet sweet carbon tax dollars. "

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Climate change being caused by mankind is the single greatest hoax ever perpetuated on the human race!

New Rule: - Advocate Climate Change reform? Okay, we'll be by shortly to turn off your gas and electricity, pick up the heater in your house, car and place of work. Oh, and your water heater too. Fair?

edit on 9/19/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
What? The AGW model was wrong? This cannot be! The Ivory Tower cannot make mistakes. Don't worry the new model will be corrected. Just need to drop a couple of inconvenient data points .

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
The old climate models are wrong but our new climate models are spot on.....sure they are.

So you agree with the study where it contradicts previous studies, but don't believe when it confirms the impact humanity I having on the climate.

Possibly a little bit of confirmation bias?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
This sounds a lot like:

" hey, sorry you found out we lied about our climate studies, but we still need all of those sweet sweet carbon tax dollars. "

No it doesn't. Not even slightly.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Climate change being caused by mankind is the single greatest hoax ever perpetuated on the human race!

New Rule: - Advocate Climate Change reform? Okay, we'll be by shortly to turn off your gas and electricity, pick up the heater in your house, car and place of work. Oh, and your water heater too. Fair?

I know eating too much red meat is bad for my health. Doesn't mean I should become a vegetarian.

There is a lot of middle ground between unrestrained pollution of the atmosphere and giving up all forms of energy use.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join