It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Review....."American Assassin"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
A formula movie of the Bornne genra. Predictable script with the macho profanity trying very hard to be hip and clever. Multiple continuity glitches, Sloppy editing, directing and characters almost cartoon like. Wonderful interesting locations with fantastic camera work for the film nerds.
Keaton did a good job with his character but his performance was contrived and over the top which is the directors fault.

Just a time killer at best....another case of the trailer being better than the film....

and CBS films...who are they???

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Thx for this! I'll wait for the DVD

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I have seen advertising for this on the sides of buses, but no advertisements on the television, and no advertisements on the net.

Care to give a brief overview of the plot setup?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: olaru12

I have seen advertising for this on the sides of buses, but no advertisements on the television, and no advertisements on the net.

Care to give a brief overview of the plot setup?

Watch the trailer. It pretty much tells the story.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Oh... yes. I see.

I would echo the sentiments of Komodo... wait for the DVD. Seems a little... overwrought. Like a My Chemical Romance album got knocked up by a James Bond flick, and this is the asylum dwelling, navel gazing result.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I have read the books, think I might stick to them....

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

It's your classic crap action film. With a bit heavy on the USA defeats terrorists always side. Like guy is in love. Redemption for his lost love. Yada yada yada. Went to too see it tonight. Found it boring and really badly wrote. Go see logan lucky, fun film

new topics

top topics

join