It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration Seeks to Avoid Withdrawal From Paris Climate Accord

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: angeldoll

It's the joy of winning at all costs that drives Democrats to hope America falls rather than see it succeed under Trump. They desire him to fail, and American with him.

If that's what you think, you've got it all wrong. I desperately do not want to see this country fail. Thus, my issues with Donnie the NYC- real estate hustler and deadbeat who doesn't pay his bills. That's my issue with him. Not that he's a republican. He's enough to make a person long for Nixon.
edit on 9/17/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

originally posted by: xuenchen
Too many people still not understanding the strategy.

I'll bite, what is it?

Winning!!!

Tired of winning yet?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
wait until you guys hear officially about the "virtual" border wall, your knickers will really be caught in a twist...

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

H.R. McMaster: Report US will stay in Paris Agreement is 'false'

National security adviser H.R. McMaster denied a Saturday report that President Trump wouldn't be pulling the United States out of the Paris Agreement on climate change.

"That's a false report," McMaster told "Fox News Sunday." "The president decided to pull out of the Paris accord because it was a bad deal for the American people, and because it's a bad deal for the environment. It gave the worst polluters the ability to continue polluting and emitting carbon without significantly reducing those levels."

The Wall Street Journal reported Saturday a European Union official said the Trump administration wouldn't leave the Paris Agreement, and is instead looking to review the terms of its involvement in the international deal.

But McMaster pushed back on that report, and said while Trump is committed to the "cleanest water on earth, the cleanest air on earth," as well as an energy policy that cuts carbon emissions and produces clean fossil fuels, the president felt the Paris climate agreement wouldn't effectively accomplish those goals.

click link for article...

Fake news intended to split Trumps base.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

And don't forget when they cheered after Chicago lost its bid for the Olympics, since it would be seen as a failure for Obama.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Just remember, Democrats are the childish, petty ones.

Repeat after me ...

#eyeroll

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

The only reason is even a Paris Agreement is due to the fact that all those countries involved wants US tax dollars to pay for their endeavors or let say shady crocked and dirty deals.

Us didn't need to get off the agreement only withhold the money it gives to them, let them beg but hell they are begging as we speak right now, without US to back them up with tax dollars they are nothing.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

A few people who voted for Trump told me they voted for him for that very reason. You'd be surprised how many did, especially among the younger voters.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Is it a lie? That's kinda the point of the OP. Do you trust what is coming out of the white house considering the recent shift in attempting to actually get something done across the table?

So the White House releases an official statement and you still think an article from the WSJ where they cite anonymous "officials at a global warming summit" has some substance? Lmao...

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I'm guessing but I'd say a large majority of all political news stories use unnamed sources. Always have.
edit on 17-9-2017 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
wait until you guys hear officially about the "virtual" border wall, your knickers will really be caught in a twist...

Will they put "virtual" solar panels on the virtual wall? Will it have a big beautiful "virtual" door?

Oh dear, what's a real estate mogul to do?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: xuenchen
Too many people still not understanding the strategy.

I'll bite, what is it?

Winning!!!

Tired of winning yet?

That's it?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Us didn't need to get off the agreement only withhold the money it gives to them,

What money?
The agreement does not involve giving funds to anyone and is non-binding.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
most likely a rumor

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The Wall Street Journal started that FAKE story yesterday, because they want more subscribers and page hits. Here's the OFFICIAL White House response:

There has been no change in the United States' position on the Paris agreement. As the President has made abundantly clear, the United States is withdrawing unless we can re-enter on terms that are more favorable to our country," the White House said in a statement Saturday.

Source: www.npr.org...

The Title of your thread is A LIE...fake...bogus.

WTF is the WSJ doing putting out fake news? Can't they be liable for that, since information like that can screw with the market? Unbelievable. You basically cannot believe anything anymore, and you really do not know where to turn to get the real story. Sad times.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It asks richer countries to help out poorer countries

www.vox.com/energy-and-environment/2017/6/1/15724162/trump-paris-climate-agreement-explained-briefly

Sure it doesn't.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

originally posted by: 3daysgone

What gets me is that people think the paris climate accord will turn out any different than the Haiti Relief fund. How many times are you going to let them fool ya?

The experts claim that in 80 years after spending untold trillions it will lower the temperature by .4 degrees iirc. Those are the people pushing it saying it should happen.

And that is where "some" of the money will go. Just like "some" of the money went to actual Haitians.

It is just another way to take more taxpayer's money.

And it's only .4 degree change if ALL the money goes there and EVERY country meets it's obligation 100%.

Yeah it would seem kind of stupid to do that. But I don't have a degree in how to change the weather so I am not really qualified to discuss specifics. .4 degrees? It could be the difference between water boiling or really hot water. They both can still hurt ya.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The Trump admin. better not go back on this. Pulling out of the Paris Accord is one of the few things that keeps Trump from looking like a totally corrupt Globalist puppet. If Trump doesn't pull the US out of this scam, I'm done with him.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

You are correct. The agreement asks for financial assistance from all countries, including developing countries, toward a goal of limiting global warming to 1.5º above pre-industrial levels. It does not specify any country's financial contribution toward that goal nor does it specify any amounts "given" to developing countries.

By 2025 the collective goal for annual financial contributions toward the primary goal is $100 billion. That figure may take the form of grants, loans, and investments. The contributions can take the form of domestic programs or direct foreign assistance. From both public and private sources. The individual national level of support is voluntary, not mandated.

The innovation of Paris was that the whole agreement is built on voluntary national pledges, called “nationally-determined contributions.” The only binding part of the entire package is that actions toward meeting those pledges must be reported transparently back to the U.N. agency that coordinates the process, the U.N. Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC).

www.brookings.edu...

edit on 9/17/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I can guarantee you a certainty. They will dip their hands in the tax payer's pool.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join