It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration Seeks to Avoid Withdrawal From Paris Climate Accord

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Too many people still not understanding the strategy.

Strategy? That's sweet.

Apparently since he is unaware of his own inadequacies, he has in the past, in his businesses, surrounded himself with excellent business minds, and highly skilled real estate people who have been able to advise him. He went into the Presidency thinking he could do the same thing, that is, surround himself with the best of the best to give him advice, and make decisions like they had done back in NYC.

Problem is, once he got into the WH, the "best of the best" didn't want anything to do with him and wouldn't work for him.
So he's been left with the cabinet and advisor's he has (His daughter and Omarosa?) lol. I joke. Some of them have signed on for the sake of the country, relinquishing their reputation by association with him, to try and maintain some semblance of diplomacy and intelligence in the white house.

But yeah. The strategy was to surround himself with very smart savvy people, but those people don't want anything to do with him. The strategy is blundered. He still has cabinet jobs he can't fill.

Is leaving those appointments vacant, part of the 'strategy" too?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Unless.
There's the caveat.
There's his out. A better deal is an ambiguous phrase. What constitutes better?
He's gotten a few lessons lately on the effects of climate change.
He didn't even know that a category five hurricane was possible.
One wonders what else he doesn't know or understand about climatology and weather.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: chadderson

That's not ever going to happen.
A jailed trump ??? Now there's a possibility.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

originally posted by: xuenchen
Too many people still not understanding the strategy.

I'll bite, what is it?

It's a secret.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

The accord itself is, in my opinion flawed to begin with. The billions that will exchange hands will obviously be diluted ultimately, siphoned off in graft and corruption. Some progress will be made and a foundation is laid, but reality is hard to change. Billions may be better spent.

The U.S. had pledged $3 billion a year to the United Nations' Green Climate Fund. Under the accord, participants would provide $100 billion to organizations like the Green Climate Fund to provide money to poorer countries to neutralize the costs of curtailing carbon emissions. The Obama administration has already funneled $1 billion to the organization without congressional approval as part of a $3 billion pledge.

Although the $100Bill mark is for all countries together, it's plausible the shift in responsibility to pay will fall on the US and China as they produce the most emissions.

Still, the whole thing is worthy of a review.

Accord cost

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
If doesn't pullout what will the whiners ,whine about. Since from the beginning it was all about getting a better deal. Also known as less money out of pocket. It was only the haters to make themselves feel better changed it to a complete pullout . Looks like they are wrong again. You know if your un happy about the less money thing, you yourself can always send a check .. Funny part is they won't , just contribute with more hot air
edit on 17-9-2017 by MajorAce because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Trump said from the beginning that he is willing to revisit it but won't stay in it as it is written. The U.S. is paying the lions share while polluters like China get off easy.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Rumor has it in all the latest gossip rags Omarosa is on the outs...fake news from the haters?

Guaranteed someone somewhere has said just that, thus lowering the national IQ one more point.
edit on 17-9-2017 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

Trumps a business man, hired by business men to protect their interests. They will never submit to higher taxes or 'fees' like carbon tax, either.

I don't care what the puppet says, then or now.

But they took pity, let him save some face. That way in the future trump will be able to say he agreed with climate change after all.

Acid rain is pitting his bronze statue.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

This is what Trump said from day 1. It's Europe who is flip flopping and the MSM is using it to bash Trump.

Trump said we want to renegotiate or we will pull out.
Europe said you can't renegotiate.
Trump said ok we will pull out if you don't say yes.

Europe is now saying you can renegotiate.
Trump is saying we want to renegotiate or we will pull out, same as before.

I see no change from Trump, only Europe.
edit on 17-9-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

What gets me is that people think the paris climate accord will turn out any different than the Haiti Relief fund. How many times are you going to let them fool ya?

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

What gets me is that people think the paris climate accord will turn out any different than the Haiti Relief fund. How many times are you going to let them fool ya?

The experts claim that in 80 years after spending untold trillions it will lower the temperature by .4 degrees iirc. Those are the people pushing it saying it should happen.
edit on 17-9-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

The experts claim that in 80 years after spending untold trillions it will lower the temperature by .4 degrees iirc. Those are the people pushing it saying it should happen.

And that is where "some" of the money will go. Just like "some" of the money went to actual Haitians.

It is just another way to take more taxpayer's money.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Schadenfreude put Trump in the office.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

And that is where "some" of the money will go. Just like "some" of the money went to actual Haitians.

It is just another way to take more taxpayer's money.

And it's only .4 degree change if ALL the money goes there and EVERY country meets it's obligation 100%.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Schadenfreude put Trump in the office.

That could be a part of it, but I hope not altogether true. How vile would one have to be to disregard all the decent things our country has done, and could do, our history, our decency, just to wallow in the joy of winning (be careful what you wish for) and the rather sinister delight of watching things take a sharp turn into the abyss, simply to maintain that fleeting feeling?

Big sigh.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

It's the joy of winning at all costs that drives Democrats to hope America falls rather than see it succeed under Trump. They desire him to fail, and American with him.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

It's the joy of winning at all costs that drives Democrats to hope America falls rather than see it succeed under Trump. They desire him to fail, and American with him.

Yet, it was the Republicans in 2009 that stated that their plan for the next four years was to make sure Obama was a one-term President, and then, when he was re-elected, ignored the People's business in favor of what they considered political gain.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Yet, it was the Republicans in 2009 that stated that their plan for the next four years was to make sure Obama was a one-term President, and then, when he was re-elected, ignored the People's business in favor of what they considered political gain.

It drives both sides, no doubt. Which is why I don't play that game. I wanted Obama to succeed just as I want Trump to succeed.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

It drives both sides, no doubt. Which is why I don't play that game. I wanted Obama to succeed just as I want Trump to succeed.

It's easier for me ... I don't give a damn about the politicians, I want to see us all succeed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join