It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Boris Johnson Fired the Starting Pistol for Leadership Challenge ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
Didn't you guys just suffer through an election?

Educate me please! Can a Prime Minister be replaced in the UK if the party leadership is challenged successfully?

That's what happened to the.....gReAt Margaret Thatcher..her party booted her out.
edit on 17-9-2017 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Must be annoying to have a throw-down over a PM so soon after an election.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

If she were a good PM then I agree but as it is she called an unnecessary election and lost her party their Commons majority.
She is the architect of her own downfall.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
Educate me please! Can a Prime Minister be replaced in the UK if the party leadership is challenged successfully?

The Prime Minister is NOT a President.

n the UK the Prime Minister is the leader of the party that is in power. The PM is not voted for by the national electorate to hold the position, but as an MP is voted for by the constituency. Replacing the leader (and the PM) happens all the time and different parties have different rules.

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Firstly, Boris Johnson is a complete buffoon.

I can't believe he actually brought up that £350 million figure again. Surely he knows being foreign secretary that it's factually incorrect. Why doesn't he just use the correct figure of £250 million per week, it's still an enormous amount.

The thing I did like about his Brexit vision was that he didn't mention a transitional arrangement period. So hopefully, that will give Teresa May a push to go in that direction.

I really can't see Johnson being Prime Minister, nor Rees-Mogg for that matter.
I do like Rees-Mogg though. I don't believe with his religious views but at least he tells the truth and answers directly which I find refreshing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join