It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Stephen King Correct?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Are you kidding? I had trouble coming up with the cash for the gas for my VW bus and to get through the gate. Not to mention the Frosty Malts.

edit on 9/13/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Vw bus, you mean a combi van?

I was a spoilt rich kid, my parents were not into the being parents so they threw money my way instead.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Yeah. I hear that's what they were called for those people in that other hemisphere.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Indeed, where I am they are really popular now, this area is combi central, they are lovingly restored and greatly admired.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Really good for drivein movies.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Predicted or inspired?

The mad box is upon us and will make us made just like its creators. A vicious cycle or what caused what disguises the true nature of the beast.

TV, media, facebook and crap alike are a serious mental health issue these days. Turn them off.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: frostjon361

Stephen King loved the 'Paranormal', Books like "The Shining" and "The Stand" were exceptional for their day.

He gave a lot of thought to some aspects, borrowing from other beliefs, like this scene from the film, The Shining..

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I think what's happening here is something catastrophic happened and people from the future figured out how to time travel and are using it to communicate messages to the past in order to prevent the catastrophe.

I don't believe in coincidence. These "predictions" are purposeful.

I think it would be an effective way to prosper above and beyond the common man. I'd be looking at people like the Rockefellers and the Rothschilds, and organizations like the alphabets, who would be manipulating regimes.

It's an interesting if frustrating exercise. Our reality is very complex. I doubt we'll figure it out in our lifetimes.

More "coincidences":

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Might want to look up Greg Bear's "Blood Music" and consider the possibility that, at least for our current circumstances, the perception of the prevalence and/or frequency of so-called "paranormal" events may be tied to the heightened level of observation endured by our reality.

An alternate way of interpreting the old saying "God works in mysterious ways " would be to acknowledge that what we recognize as reality works best, and most "seamlessly" when it is allowed to work unobserved.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

The story of "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" springs to mind.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: frostjon361

"It " was not specifically 27 years, it was 25 to 30 years.
And Haven isn't written by King it's based ( very loosely)on the Colorado kid written by King. That is about a murder that took place twenty five years in the past but is not about repeat behavior or repeating or recurring themes.
Just as an aside...
The Colorado Kid was a crime novel not a horror novel.
There were no "troubles" in that book.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

No he's just a man gifted with a dark and wonderful imagination.
Oh and if we're looking for recurring themes in King stories ...he's obviously afraid of spiders.
I can't remember which ones off the top of my head but they're mentioned in a few. "It" being one of them.
The Dark Tower had repeating spiders. I think needful things did too..
I'm a fan and I picked up on the spider thing a long time ago.
edit on 9132017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Good book. A collaboration with Peter Straub writer of Ghost Story another thriller.
It related very closely to Roland and the dark tower.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I loved going to the drive in. But they kind of disappeared before I could go with anyone but my parents and a backseat full of kids who played through the whole movie. No drive in make out sessions for me.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

With peace signs painted on the side and Robert Crumb bumper stickers on the back???

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I only wish I could get my mop to do that!

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Alright here I am all by myself.again.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

originally posted by: EmmanuelGoldstein
a reply to: madmac5150

Dude are you actually serious??
This is a perfectly fine question that delves into theories that I know I haven't thought much about of, as of yet.

Seriously, are you on the wrong website?????????????????????????????????????????????

I am on the correct website. I just clearly need to drink more...

Might help flush out that bee that has clearly crawled up your butt.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Alright here I am all by myself.again.

LOL! It happens to me too, a lot

I am one of ATS's most notorious thread killers and that is why I rarely post in a thread.

Blessings,

J
edit on 9/13/2017 by LadyJae because: punctuation counts!

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyJae

I'm in the very best of company then.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join