It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flooding will become worst. Ice Cap melts.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Each summer has been getting hotter and warmer since the 2012. There are islands that have already sunk during summer. Snow has been melting too fast since 2012. Winter has been quite dry in a lot of areas. Keep watch on how much snow this winter will have, having lots of snow was very normal(so don't complain unless it continues to snow in spring). It maybe next summer when the side effects of major flooding starts happening into cities. Dams have been overflowing this summer. It is all about Winter and the Ice caps to maintain balance of rising tides.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
What happened to the coming ice age?

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

It's working on it.
Give it 5 to 10 thousand years.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
What happened to the coming ice age?

I don't think you have the proper scale of what an "age" means.

An ice age can't rescue us.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

It got chemtrailed to death.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

What about this new island that was revealed off the coast of NC?

www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Anyone living on it? If they are, my guess is they won't be by next week.

edit on 9/8/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Every 6 years we get an intense winter... we just got it... it sucked but most snow i can remember seeing... this summer is super hot.. but i remember this... next summer will be wet, oh and this winter.. harshe.. its a cycle... would you like to place bets on my location? Im in canada and nothing is unusual. Experience is right as always.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Which cap in particular are you speaking of?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Both?
nsidc.org...
phys.org...

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Still waiting for the ocean to rise even one cm for the last 30 years...cause it hasn't on my coastline.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Has on mine.
Bummed me out last month. I usually enjoy my evening cocktail by my sea wall. Not so much when the water is eating my property.

Highest tide I've seen in the twenty years I've been here. A full 11" higher than the tide chart predicted. Is it due to warming? I don't know, for positive. But it bummed me out.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   
The world was hotter in the middle ages tho

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: KawaiiLean420

Europe was warm.
But not warmer than now.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: ParasuvO

Has on mine.
Bummed me out last month. I usually enjoy my evening cocktail by my sea wall. Not so much when the water is eating my property.

Highest tide I've seen in the twenty years I've been here. A full 11" higher than the tide chart predicted. Is it due to warming? I don't know, for positive. But it bummed me out.

These rises in oceans are not global though are they ?

You may be experiencing higher tides but that is not a global phenomenon is it ?

The tides are not higher than usual here either and I have that on good authority from people whom have lived around here for more than 60 years .

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Like I said, I don't know if its due to warming. Like I said, I've had my home on the bay for 20 years. Highest high (and highest low) tide I've seen here.

I do know that it is a fallacy to think that sea level change must be uniform.
www.earthobservatory.sg...

What I think is that I'm seeing a spike in a trend. Maybe (I hope) these high high tides I've been seeing for a couple of years will subside a bit. What I expect is that the spike will be greater, next time.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I thought I read that it was warmer
But my point is we are not the one that makes the earth warmer

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Aeshma

I live in North Idaho. We are choking on smoke from all the fires. We had a wet winter and spring, didn't seem to help.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Live in british columbia the land of forest fires. Global warming does not cause forest fires. Build up of underbrush, and other dead fall provides fuel for forest fires. Heat combined with storms/idiot humans wala forest fires.

Damage to ecosystem contributes to fires by introducing or removing species to a sensitive system. For i stance mild winters 6 years ago, pine beetle boom. Start of the worst fire seasons in the last 15 years. Reintroduction of wolves in areas less small herbivores to eat low level foilage that dries up and helps fuel fires. Bad storms, ice and extreme snow fall this winter, killed and pulled treea and or branches down which became fuel for the fires.

Im not saying we dont contribute, we absolutely do. How ever what you are witnessing is nature at work. We damage the forest more by being careless campers, or by overhunting. Not our carbon emissions...

A wet mild winter does not prevent forest fires. A harsh cold winter with lots of snow does not prevent forest fires. Trees, and other woody plants die and build up over time for a variety of reasons... this is part of the reason you have forest fires. Campers, smokers, broken glass, lightning strikes and arsonists cause forest fires.
edit on AMAmerica/Chicago101109am by Aeshma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
With more water from the melted ice caps and land based glaciers, flood will increase. But, also rain and dew point will increase along with heavier snows at elevation. The big problem is when we see the water rise causing ocean waves to be less affected by underwater mountains. And if indeed the magnetosphere is weakening, thunderstorm and hurricane height and intensity will go off the scale. Pray now.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join