It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New documentary coming for one of the best UFO cases: Zimbabwe Ariel School

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
In my opinion this is one of the best UFO cases in history. Multiple, reliable witnesses who stick with their story many years later.

On September 16th, 1994 at the Ariel primary school in rural Zimbabwe, 60+ school children described seeing a disc shaped craft land behind the school during the morning break time. Some of them reported seeing two strange beings approach the group. There were multiple sightings of unusual aerial phenomena by thousands of Zimbabweans during this same time period.

The children were interviewed immediately thereafter by Tim Leach, BBC Bureau Chief for Zimbabwe, and then by several other news agencies. Noted Harvard psychiatrist Dr. John Mack traveled to Zimbabwe to interview the children in depth due to the unusual nature of this event. After exhaustive investigation Dr. Mack concluded that the children were not making up the story.

Though this story was initially publicized worldwide, it quickly disappeared from the public eye but not from the hearts and minds of those who witnessed it. For twenty years many of these witnesses have felt that their voices have not been heard. Until now.

A documentary is in the making that could bring this back back to public awareness: Preview of documentary.

More details at this website: Ariel Phenomenon

I am looking very much forward to this movie, a case that is very hard to debunk (or deny).
edit on 9-11-2017 by Springer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
This is super exciting!

I can't wait!

I don't understand why this story hasn't been shared more?! I only heard about it in the past 3 years.

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Truly fascinating case, I've updated the video link in the thread I done a while back, for anyone interested, it's worth a watch

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SacredLore

Here is a link all about the case .. interviews drawings etc 22 years later

Video drawings eye witnesses

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Imo, one of the yet to be debunked incidents...

posted on Sep, 8 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: chelsdh
I don't understand why this story hasn't been shared more?! I only heard about it in the past 3 years.

Indeed! For me this makes it more likely that this was a real E.T. encounter, not something faked, of earthly origin.
Getting rid of over 60 children to suppress the story would have been really difficult.
So "ignore" was a successful strategy - until now :-)

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
Truly fascinating case, I've updated the video link in the thread I done a while back, for anyone interested, it's worth a watch

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks a lot, awesome thread!
Unfortunately the video is (still) blocked in my country (... contains content from Groupe M6 protected TV contents ...).

originally posted by: rigel4

Here is a link all about the case .. interviews drawings etc 22 years later

Video drawings eye witnesses

Great! Amazing what Emily Trim has to say. My native language is not English and because she is not holding the mic close to her mouth I have a hard time understanding what she says.
At 2:00, does she say the two E.T. beings were "in arm's reach"?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
An interesting video featured, but unfortunately, the young woman talking makes absolutely no sense at all.
She couldn't describe them, as they change perception, one minute they are humanoid then they look like lions???
The paintings in the background (she is an artist) are Her Interpretations of what happened to her....not what REALLY happened on the day of the actual supposed sighting.

She is extremely vague, and after 23 years, I would think her recollection of the actual events....she was a child, would be distorted by all that has happened to her, what she has been told, memories possibly influenced by other people etc. (as happens to young children's memories).

The descriptions in the article linked, tells one child says they had big eyes and long black hair, but only one drawing of the "ET" shows this, Someone in the article says how similar all the drawings are, but any 2 year old could tell that Not One of the drawings of the UFO or ET looks the same...they are ALL different.

There is a legit video of the children interviewed not long after the event, days/weeks I cant remember.
At the time watching it, the children never showed any fear or were scared or anything, they were quite cheerful, and happy.......one does wonder if it all really happened.?

I not sure how this young American red haired, freckled girl was in a school in Zimbarbwee, in the 90s...I didn't understand her explanation, why she was there.

It all seems Very Vague to me.....sorry.

Unlike the Westall School encounter in Melbourne in 1964....which had many witnesses including teachers....and photos taken.

This Zimbarby one seems a little light on believability.

Still the special sounds interesting.

edit on 9-9-2017 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Holy crap this looks good, I haven't heard anything about this case in a very long time. I love the fact these kids are now grown up and willing to speak about this event and even take the time to investigate what they saw. Looks like we've even got a lecture from Emily Trim to keep us entertained before the documentary arrives.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
a reply to: gort51

Someone in the article says how similar all the drawings are, but any 2 year old could tell that Not One of the drawings of the UFO or ET looks the same...they are ALL different.

I've seen quite a few of their drawings in different clips and many of them do look similar for the most part, a big head alien with big eyes. One of the black boys did quite a decent drawing if I recall correctly. You have to keep in mind young kids are not perfect drawers, of course there will be a lot of variability, kids have trouble drawing a normal person without making it look weird.

There is a legit video of the children interviewed not long after the event, days/weeks I cant remember.
At the time watching it, the children never showed any fear or were scared or anything, they were quite cheerful, and happy.......one does wonder if it all really happened.?

The trailer for this documentary contains a clip of a girl interviewed shortly after the event and she is clearly upset, although you are right most of the children seemed elated with what they'd seen, which is understandable because that would probably be my reaction too.

I not sure how this young American red haired, freckled girl was in a school in Zimbarbwee, in the 90s...I didn't understand her explanation, why she was there.

She lived there with her parents as far as I remember.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I have three theories:

1) The whole thing is real. Actual and benevolent ETs who wanted to give us a message through our children that we are headed towards self-exctinction if we don't learn to live in harmony with nature and the universe.
(If this is the case, we urgently have to get over our prejudices based on physical appearance. A Grey hippie - the one with hair - might turn out to be mankind's best friend :-)
Does not seem so far-fetched to me. Would it not be something that each of us would try in one form or another if we would see a civilization that is about to self-destruct?

2) Staged event by the "cabal". This would mean that certain (human) circles have developed technology that can be used to transmit messages telepathically. Then they test it out in a few schools around the world. Just does not make a lot of sense to me. What's the purpose of the exercise?

3) Some mundane explanation (swamp gas!) and the vast majority of the children saw basically nothing. Two or three of them are delusional, with mental problems and are now being used to make a quick buck with a Kickstarter campaign. This theory is in stark contrast to the information that is available. That is why I am looking forward to the documentary. Should it never come out, it would be an indication that something is fishy. Or they did not make enough money with Kickstarter... (BTW, I donated 50.- US$ because for me the first theory is most plausible).

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Interesting:

Zimbabwe UFO Incident: New Witness Saw Similar UFO in Zimbabwe Schoolyard 20 Years Prior

Did the ETs do some research before making contact?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This looks like a really good doco.
Would gladly pay for a ticket to watch a Dan Aykroyd produced film than the stuff that is about to come out from the Delonge Disney-eque project.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

What makes you think she is american? To me it sounds like she has a clear Rhodesian/South African accent.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: RussZuluBlues

The red head lady is American, she says was there when she was a young girl as she was a daughter of Missionaries living there for a few years.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

I think the film ticket in this case means supporting their Indiegogo campaign (sorry, I mentioned Kickstarter before, but it is Indiegogo):

Indiegogo Ariel Phenomenon: Post Production Campaign

Cheapest option seems to be 15 US$ for digital download or stream...
edit on 10-9-2017 by SacredLore because: fixed link

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
And, for completeness, some fairly clever attempts at debunking this sighting:

Debunker's Paradise

Conclusion: Kids are dumb.
edit on 10-9-2017 by SacredLore because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SacredLore

Very interesting! I don't think those kids were watching too much hollywood to have fabricated or imaginated a thing like this.

I got goosebumps when the girl said she felt they were trying to tell her something... definitely believe they were telling the true!

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
this was a really good case. one of my favourites. hope it's a good documentary

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Definitely interstellar hippies!

... all the trees will just go down, and there will be no air, and people will be dying ...

Girl speaking at 04:10

Maybe the future of our planet does not depend on whether the US Republicans or Democrats dominate their country but on whether we get our act together as free people and make the right choices when it comes to the survival of all lifeforms. Stop supporting Big Oil, Big Pharma and the other gangsters extorting us.

Deep in my heart, I guess I am a hippie, too.
edit on 10-9-2017 by SacredLore because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   

She lived there with her parents as far as I remember.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join