It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Your Child Listen to ‘Loud, Heavy Rock Music’? He Might Be a Neo-Nazi

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Like I said. It's just my subjective observation.

Although in comparison I wonder how many White Supremacists you'd see at some of the more popular Country Music Shows Too??

It makes sense that they would be into Heavy Metal though as well. The music is aggressive and angry and comes from a place of anger and defiance. So it makes sense that it would bring an audience with similar characteristics.

Come to think of it, neither Headbangers nor Country Boys seem to think very highly of Hippies or those kinds of folks either for the most part. Both groups tend toward a much more Dominant idealism it seems.

As far as the UK goes, there seems to be a left wing bias in metalheads, so this cop might just be talking out of his hat.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I often wonder where I took a wrong turn, mystery solved, to much Sabbath, Maiden and Priest in my younger years, thx for the enlightenment.
edit on 4-9-2017 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: loam
Fair's fair, folks...the line was “heavy rock music with violent lyrics” (emphasis mine), and part of a bigger package. As a whole, it's not particularly outrageous. However, I think it's the Nordic 'neo-folk' that is more of a tell.

And trust me...I know from rock.

edit on 4-9-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: Yes

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
Fair's fair, folks...the line was “heavy rock music with violent lyrics” (emphasis mine), and part of a bigger package. As a whole, it's not particularly outrageous. However, I think it's the Nordic 'neo-folk' that is more of a tell.

Like Saxon and Sabaton? Or Iron Maiden for that matter, ever listened to the Trooper?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Nazi's wore pants.

Neo-nazi's wear pants.

I think I'm seeing a trend here. . . . .

But when you're in France...

...You pull down your pants!

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Who knows??? I know I don't.

There seems to be some clear differences between American Cultural Ideals and those of other countries even when comparing similar groups.

Not always, but it is usually there to some degree.

But a left wing lean seems to make sense because the Socially Liberal would be accepting of them in general. Whether or not that lean would also be found in their political lean is hard to say. I'm sure there is a mix of both.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

exactly man, i mean i listen to the really hard super fast technical death metal that mixes classical music, flamenco, and many types of older styles of music into the sound, and it just makes you feel great and you just let all that darkness out, you become one with your primitive spiritual self and you just feel inspired, you forget just the negativity and smile.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I think if you hear your kid singing the Horst Wessel song, then you might have a problem, listening to Metal though? Nah.

Hell, I can remember listening to Skrewdriver (Like just about everyone else at school at the time) We just thought it was good, angry oi, the politics passed us by, there were more important things to think about like football and girls.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Correct NeoFolk: brings a lot of that questioning and associative attention:

"A Northeast Portland Record Label Lands on a National Hate-Group Registry"

But it's music that critics have identified for years as neo-Nazi that pays the bills. Powne says Soleilmoon brings in more than $100,000 a year, and Death in June—the controversial, far-right project of British neo-fascist Douglas Pearce—is its top-selling artist.

Source

Detractors have accused Death in June of harboring neo-Nazi sympathies. [12] Pearce has said, "At the start of the eighties, Tony and I were involved in radical left politics and beneath it history students. In search of a political view for the future we came across National Bolshevism which is closely connected with the Sturmabteilung hierarchy. People like Gregor Strasser and Ernst Röhm who were later known as 'second revolutionaries' attracted our attention."[13] The Sturmabteilung (Stormtroopers) were a paramilitary unit of the Nazi Party (NSDAP), and Strasser and Röhm were Nazi leaders who vied for Adolf Hitler's power. Protests have been staged and some performances have been cancelled due to these accusations.[14]

Justification for the cancellations stems from strong aversions to the Nazi inspired symbolism of Death in June coupled with an interpretation of select lyrics as containing deliberate Third Reich-era imagery and tropes. When questioned about his interest in the Third Reich, Pearce responded, "I've an interest in all aspects of the Third Reich. It has had such a huge influence on the world, who could fail to be intrigued by it? However, I've still read more pages of Das Kapital than Mein Kampf!"[15]
wiki
Pearce kinda reminds me of Milo and the attention he gets, he's homosexual as well as had Jewish people collaborate with the music, etc. as shared.
Antifa protested the band in 2014.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Gothmog

"A lot of folks" is a pretty subjective term.

I do live in a town which was once a huge White Power Hub in California though. Historically a much larger Cowboy kind of area than a Heavy Metal type area. So that may explain it. Like I said, I'm not saying my experiences are universally true everywhere. Just an observation.

Heavy Metal Guys, Headbangers, Thrashers, Speed Metal Listeners, etc. are also typically more likely to be kind of outcasts around this area. (Small Town America) Where as good ol' Country boys aren't. So the outcasts don't usually subscribe to the Racist thing too much. They've also been bullied and treated as less by others so they see why bigotry is BS. Good ol' boys have a larger network allowing them to easily conform to the power group and look down upon others and get away with it. That's my arm chair psychological theory for it anyway.

I actually left out a word - "good"
Take it as it is....

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Like Saxon and Sabaton? Or Iron Maiden for that matter, ever listened to the Trooper?

I started with the Kinks and the Who in the mid-60s, and as far as metal goes, I'm all about the power chords but skip the 'death metal growl' . "Cough it up, laddie...just cough it up" And I think Thrash is just silly. Give me Rammstein any day. But that's just part of the package...just like the 'violent lyrics' are only part of the cop's warning signs.

But it is kinda funny to see all the metal-heads being triggered. Sam Dunn for Prime Minister, eh?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

I started with the Kinks and the Who in the mid-60s, and as far as metal goes, I'm all about the power chords but skip the 'death metal growl' . "Cough it up, laddie...just cough it up" And I think Thrash is just silly. Give me Rammstein any day. But that's just part of the package...just like the 'violent lyrics' are only part of the cop's warning signs.

But it is kinda funny to see all the metal-heads being triggered. Sam Dunn for Prime Minister, eh?

I struggle with the death rattle type of singing that a lot of kids seem to like, but pretty much anything with big guitar parts and a good beat floats my boat.

I just think its silly and, the way the world is, possibly a way of pointing a finger at people who really don't need that rubbish.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
By this Doom Metal is tantamount to an actual apocalypse!

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I don't care about the Democrat's or the Republican's, but I do know one thing. Every time I go to a new webpage, I see the Left (Liberals) calling everyone under the sun a racist. I have heard virtually every type of person that disagrees with them, called a Nazi. I have also noticed that they seem to be the only ones (largely) name calling.....perhaps it is they, who are the Nazi's.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Oddly, the likes of KISS and Disturbed are fronted by prominent Jewish entertainers; when it comes down to it, the whole 'White Nazi' narrative has quite a few wrinkles, to say the least.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Metal and Rock came about because of corrupted governments and society in the first place. They're just adding fuel to the fire.

...It's about time. I've been waiting for some good metal to come back on the scene.

The saviors of old know what metal is...the sounds of creation and of victory.

Metal has been treated as viciously as Trump over the last 20 years...basically gone from all radio and media.

We will rectify all that!

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 12:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ShadowLink

You said it so well.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

I don't care about the Democrat's or the Republican's, but I do know one thing. Every time I go to a new webpage, I see the Left (Liberals) calling everyone under the sun a racist. I have heard virtually every type of person that disagrees with them, called a Nazi. I have also noticed that they seem to be the only ones (largely) name calling.....perhaps it is they, who are the Nazi's.
It's Calgary, Canada, which I believe may be Conservative leaning? I don't think this is a left calling people Nazis issue.

posted on Sep, 5 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Well, at least one person got the pun.

Dont worry mO, I was around when that song came out, and loved it then, and yes its about Vikings (probably invading the UK).

Hey JohhnyC, that "Eleven" poster is Jeff Beck, isnt it?....another great.

Seriously, I dont think the Real Nazis of the 30s/40s would have appreciated Heavy Metal either...they were more into traditional Ooom Pa Pa, Yodeling and W/Vagner.

Generally hand the first "Heavy Rock" or Hard rock sound, as it was known in the 60s, to the Kinks early stuff, the Yardbirds, then Cream, Hendrix etc....I even considered the Beatles "Revolution" and "Helter skelter" in there too.

Tho, I dont know why I havent heard of them before, but Californians "Blue Cheer" were right up there for young lads in 1968......check out that hair in Vietnam era USA!!........Ya think they would have stood out? Tho they were from San Fran.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join