It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S.Korea say: North Korea preparing to launch an ICBM!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Wednesday, September 6, 2017

This week, North Korea has been transporting a single ICBM missile, at night, over to the west side of the country, in preparation for a potential Saturday launch.

Why does the world think that North Korea can launch a blistering barrage of missiles at South Korea, if it has to go through so much trouble to just get ONE missile in position for launch?

Why doesn't the USA simply use a jet or cruise missile to destroy this ICBM once it's on the launch pad? It takes a few hours to prepare it for launch, doesn't it?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

(a) Because they've shocked the west with recent developments. Any missiles were thought to be pipe dreams, then they managed some. Hydrogen bomb? Nah, oh wait.

(b) Perhaps moving the ICBM could be a diversion.

(c) While the US could flatten North Korea, Russia and China might be annoyed. Its a balancing act.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

(a) Because they've shocked the west with recent developments. Any missiles were thought to be pipe dreams, then they managed some. Hydrogen bomb? Nah, oh wait.

(b) Perhaps moving the ICBM could be a diversion.

(c) While the US could flatten North Korea, Russia and China might be annoyed. Its a balancing act.

Thank-you for that reply. So what is likely to happen if we strike this one ICBM when it being prepared for launch?

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

You're comparing a test ICBM, with road mobile short and medium range missiles. They launch from there because it gives them specific conditions that they want for launch. In an actual attack they're not going to move the missiles to specific launch sites, such as the test area. They're going to fire them from all over.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Why does the world think that North Korea can launch a blistering barrage of missiles at South Korea, if it has to go through so much trouble to just get ONE missile in position for launch?

This move does not mean that NK is not prepared to launch othter ICBMs missiles within a short time frame.

This missile might have some technical achievments/upgrades that they want to test. You know, its a ICBM test.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Well thats the question right? Provocation could be considered to be enough for China and Russia to be "disapointed" but not do anything. To be 100% honest I would not be shocked if China just decided to remove the problem. IF Little Kim keeps up pushing their buttons (and he is) he might vanish, along with anyone else who annoys China. In a lot of ways that would be best for the North Korean people in the short term. They would eat better to begin with
China and South Korea can work together (they already do would be my guess, Samsung likely gets a lot of things from China)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

You're comparing a test ICBM, with road mobile short and medium range missiles. They launch from there because it gives them specific conditions that they want for launch. In an actual attack they're not going to move the missiles to specific launch sites, such as the test area. They're going to fire them from all over.

I heard that "dear leader" wants to do something special for National Founders Day...which is this coming Saturday. By now, a "test" isn't a big deal any more, is it.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

You "heard". That is just scuttle butt. Don't let the media (main stream and tinfoil hat) be a source for this sort of thing. Chances are the silly little man child will want them to do something reckless, no matter the day. He has no ideas of consequences, nor does he care for his people, just his own ego.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Keep in mind that it is not just North Korea that are involved in this mess. THe US are right up there With Kim.

It wont matter if China gets ridd of Kimmy. China wont get ridd of the US. Who is the other hand in this mess.

This situation With NK is rigges to have a outcome. And it might not even have anything to do With North Korea at all. The goal of this mess could be used to implement a totally different thing on the geopolitical arena.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

No argument here. I am glad to be at the bottom of the world in the South Pacific

The problem with NK is that little Kim is with out controls. While I'm no fan of the current US president. Chances are the military would stop him making us a radioactive cinder. I hope. Little Kim, wants a cookie uh attention. HE does things to appear powerful to his worshipers, and they are that, they are there to serve him, as opposed him them (like a leader should).

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Well thats the question right? Provocation could be considered to be enough for China and Russia to be "disapointed" but not do anything. To be 100% honest I would not be shocked if China just decided to remove the problem.

Ideally, both can occur. We destroy the next missile before it rises off the Launchpad, followed a few days later by China shutting off all exports to North Korea. But then again, that would hurt the North Koreans more than Kim Jong. Maybe just fire a rocket at his home when he's sleeping.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

You "heard". That is just scuttle butt. Don't let the media (main stream and tinfoil hat) be a source for this sort of thing. Chances are the silly little man child will want them to do something reckless, no matter the day. He has no ideas of consequences, nor does he care for his people, just his own ego.

I don't have access to the Intelligence community, so SEEING and HEARING what's out in public is all I have to go on. Since most of the publications I SEE and media reports I HEAR have been mostly accurate, I'll stick with them.

I hope you're able to say the same about your sources for info, Noinden.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Just remember most of the rest of the world has to play by a different set of rules than North Korea. What Little Kim wants he gets. Even The Donald has to back down sometimes.

Now next post (consolidation).

Al I was saying is don't trust your media. I spent 10 years living in Milwaukee (so just north of you), the media fricking sucks in the USA. New Zealand is a little better (getting worse) but in the end. Salt should be taken when watching the stories.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Why doesn't the USA simply use a jet or cruise missile to destroy this ICBM once it's on the launch pad? It takes a few hours to prepare it for launch, doesn't it?

A very real possibility is that the US and allies want to see the capabilities and characteristics of NKs arsenal by observing the launch, control and flight, in order to tune our own defenses.
edit on 6-9-2017 by LanceCorvette because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

You're right about North Korea. They're about a "rogue" as you can get.

I understand what you're saying about the media. As with sports and political prognosticators, you have to take into account their past track record.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: LanceCorvette

A very real possibility is that the US and allies want to see the capabilities and characteristics of NKs arsenal by observing the launch, control and flight, in order to tune our own defenses.

That's a valid argument. Let's just hope that the U.S. isn't observing these traits, only to learn (too late) that the missile has a live nuclear warhead attached.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Yep. They usually tell part of the truth. But journalistic integrity is a thing for the past

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

The local journalists in my area do a good job. It seems that the integrity decreases as they move up the ladder to larger, higher-profile outlets.

posted on Sep, 6 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: LanceCorvette

I dont think NK will acomplish anything different then the US and its allies dont already know.

As long as the US dont know for sure what targets NK have on their list. The US just have to hope that they have their defences ready where they think NK will hit.

Everyone seams to think that all NK will attack is Seoul and major cities in Japan. But what the military worries about is their own defence and attack cabability. These Things have to be protected in case NK wants to take them out first. Which would probably be NK smartest move.

Taking out Seoul and major cities would be the last card NK probably would play. Not the first.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Weapons of mass destruction will not be used on Korean peninsula - Putin, RT

Understandably, in a war scenario.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join