It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5.3 earthquake in Idaho

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I wasn't watching when it happened, but here it is on TA's livestream:

There have been quite a few more in the area, most of which have not been posted by USGS; my guess is holiday weekend and skeleton crew. The 4.3 that happened a little bit ago got posted, but not any of the smaller quakes we've been watching on the feed.

Current stream here:

I see dreamingawake beat me to it.

Anyway, TA is away at the moment. I'm sure it will be a topic of discussion in the live feed once he returns. Have already been talking about many of these events (this and NK nuke) in the chat for his stream.
edit on 3-9-2017 by jadedANDcynical because: more

edit on 3-9-2017 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2017 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Meldionne1
Are there any volcanoes in the area ? ( I'm not familiar with that area ).... Maybe some volcanos is waking up ? It seems you are having a swarm , and is that normal for,there ? ...personally I find it odd, but again I don't know the area.

The Yellowstone Super Volcano caldera is less than 200 miles from the epicenter of the recent Idaho EQ.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
This whole area is bubbling… Volcanic???

“Then a rift volcano, named China Hat, still visible near the intersection of state highway 34 and US 30 near Soda Springs raised the valley floor and sent a wall of molten lava 40 miles west to Pocatello. A second major flow occurred shortly after following the same path. These lava flows turned the Bear River southward. The remnants of these flows are spectacular to see at Grace, McCammon, Inkom and Pocatello.”

idahohighcountry.org...

idahohighcountry.org...

idahohighcountry.org...

Idaho in General Geology is amazing

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I used to live in that area, roughly midway between soda springs and the south entrance of Yellowstone.
There are many geothermal features all over that area.
Just west of soda springs is lava hot springs, a town that has some great hot pools.
Just east of soda springs, between Thayne and Afton WY are more hot springs with a very strong sulphur smell.
If you travel north to the east side of Palisade reservoir there are several hot springs scattered around and there's another group of hot springs below the surface of the water on the west side of the reservoir near Alpine, WY.
If you travel further north from there, there's Heisse hot spring, and between Alpine and Jackson hole, there are a series of hot springs near Hoback junction near the snake river golf club, as well as just east of Hoback and also north of Hoback before you get to Jackson.
I'm no geologist, but I'm pretty confident that this whole area I just outlined is part of the Yellowstone geothermal complex.
The area does get a fair amount of eqs, at least while I lived there, especially on the Wyoming side of the border.
Monsanto has a phosphorus mining operation on the north side of town in soda springs. Lots of sulphur deposits and phosphate in the ground there

top topics

<< 1   >>

join