It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is actually known about warriors after death?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Thats a fine bit of unprovable gnoses there neighbour. Please post proof. Because for my own set, the Gods of the Warriors are not demons, or Devils, they are Gods. The Warrior serves the community. and sometimes the community appreciates it.

Oh and don't use the Bible as proof. It does not count. Use verifiable proof, or admit its purely your own mythic reality.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

You don't read very well. I am religious and have never claimed to be an atheist here. I'm a PAGAN. A Celtic Reconstructionist (more exactly a Gaelic Reconstructionist Heathen). I am a scientist. Which you equate to "atheist", like every other creationist. You have also shown you don't do words very well

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I see Gryphon66 has already brought up the Gita and Hinduism and would like to add:

1. In Gita, Krishna (Indwelling Lord and physical representation of God) tells Arjun that he must fight because he is a warrior. A warrior's duty is to fight and the karma (or result) matters not. If Arjun wins and lives, he will receive untold riches and rule justly. If he dies, he will receive glory and riches in the Heavenly planets (not the same as the goal destination). If he does NOT fight, he brings dishonor upon his family and will suffer the present situation (for him, being banished) which was intolerable to all earthly inhabitants and the Earth itself.

2. I believe it is Srimad Bhagavatam (another Hindu text) in which it is written that warriors should protect the innocent against anything that desecrates "religion," meaning peaceful, moral and sane life lived for God, in gratitude, as opposed to fighting for oil.

3. Also included in ancient Vedic texts are military techniques and rules of engagement for war. Break rules - suffer karmic debt. There are also certain crimes for which perps can be killed immediately as these crimes degrade humanity.

A warrior - or Kshatriya - is a noble position and should be lead by honorable people. Warriors are the leaders and protectors of a people's goodness and prosperity.

P.S. While Hinduism may seem pantheistic, I believe it is understood that all comes from one source: Lord Vishnu...says a mexican-american, raised catholic who found Hinduism to help explain the insanity in life. what do i know?

Shanti

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BlissSeeker

One SHOULD search ,after finding out Rome decided biblical content.
50 books since the 1800s and we know about 4.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

See, I knew all along you were not an Atheist.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

One wonders if the gods would pity MODERN troops since honor is dead?

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

See, I knew all along you were not an Atheist.

Is that really the best argument you've got?

You're scraping the bottom of the barrel so hard you've hit the dirt beneath it.

But I don't expect anything else from an angry fake Christian.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

How can you tell?
I 'm a bad one myself ...HORRIBLE at it.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I think that is the best argument he has. These types of individuals are usually the "there are no atheists in fox holes" types. Its a proofless argument
Convenient, if you stick your head in the sand

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

How can you tell?
I 'm a bad one myself ...HORRIBLE at it.

By reading his posts. I reckon he says he's Christian to give them a bad name. Many people online do it and use his tactics.

I wouldn't say you're a bad Christian as such. I would say your personality has been influenced A LOT by what you've seen and done (you're ex military if I remember right. Correct me if I'm wrong though). I'm guessing, but PTSD?

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Cavtrooper, It's the climb that in the end reveals the majestic view of truth.

Don't hard on yourself. It was what I told my friend shortly before his death over the actions he took to save his and others lives in Nam.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

It depends on how you define honor? The medieval form, is not the form that pre-Christians followed. Enech and Clu are Irish equivalents to honor. One is your Face (enech) to your tribe (so how you appear to act) and the other (Clu) is how others (wider than the tribe) have heard about you, your reputation. Thus if you loose face and have a dodgy reputation, your "honor price" is very low (your word is worth nothing

Your honor price was your lóg n-enech (literally the price of your face). Your face would have been your most jealously guarded possession. If for no other reason that was what was paid to you (or your estate) if you were "wronged".

This comes from the Brehon Laws. Which while very early Christian, were based on preChristian non codified (due to not writting them down) laws.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Its quite funny really. I don't have a belief in god or gods, yet I say something like go to hell, oh my god or something along those lines and he thinks I'm a Christian lol.

I stick with what I said above. I think he's pretending to be Christian to give them a bad name on here. It's the only thing that makes sense.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I think modernity rendered such thoughts as too romantic for our meat grinders.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

To some extent yes. However the current nature of conflicts (they're not the big pitched battles at the moment) would allow for the soldiers to reclaim their "honor". In the end, war is between the soldiers. They are the ones who impliment it. Mind you we are talking land based here, leave air and see out of it

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

If you haven't figured it out yet. But for all of recorded history it has been nothing but wars and graveyards.

For you a bit slower, it will be the hospital bed, slow death and then the grave where the truth will be revealed to you.

Noticed the four thriving industries outside of banking are Weapons, Medical, Mortuaries, and Graveyards

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Yes.
Cav,as the name says.
I am exploring life through OTHERS knowledge.
I am a heretic as well,so =BAD.
TACTICS now THAT would make an interesting debate ...just NOT here.

link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

One wonders if the gods would pity MODERN troops since honor is dead?

Who says honor is dead? Honor might be looked at differently now than it did, say, 500 years ago, but I think it's still there.

link   

These types of individuals ignore that these phrases have entered the common lexicon. I know atheists who say "Jesus" all the time, are they blaspheming (possibly) or invoking Gods itinerant son? No, its a common phrase. Myself I tend to try and not do it, but I slip.

I think he's a "Black Christian" (aka Black Magic, aka Left hand path (which I know you object too). He's in it for himself not the tribe

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Well Bradley a1 night vision obstructed too.

I READ about MAGIC and determined it was a trap so a VERY bad Idea...just can't DO enochian because that form of system is like a math algorithm so I couldn't get it.
Funny I am VERY transparent and honest...yet here a mystery of wrong ideas...must be that pesky brain gap.
edit on 10-9-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join