It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WoW = Cyber Crack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Man o man I need to quit my job, leave my family, and become a hermit so I can play this more!!!!

I am loving this game.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
HAHA! You caught the bug too eh! Good stuff!
Just don't quit your job else you wont be able to afford the monthly fee
What Server/Race/Class ? I am a 28 Tauren Druid(225 Engineering) and a 48 Tauren Combat specced Warrior(105 Enchanting) on Skullcrusher.

FOR THE HORDE!

btw Pick up engineering, it kicks. Goblin engineers are the best, they can craft Nades, bombs and some pretty cool equipment that fails half the time but in pvp are really usefull.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Haha... another WoW addict here. I also thought about becoming an hermit to play more, still working on that.

I have a lvl19 undead warlock and a lvl 16 tauren shaman on Gorefiend, and I have a lvl12 nightelf druid on The Shattered Hand.

and yeah, the Horde rules all.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:02 AM
link   
m0rbid, what trade skilling you doing? If you aren't doin any then you gotta pick some up fast cuz thats where the money is. I would recommend you warlock become either a Tailor(as a Tailer you can make bags, and some bags go for 30-40g)/Skinner under lvl 30 over 30 Tailer Enchanter could net you upto 50-100 gold per day by mid 50s(or so I'm told most I've made in one session with my enchanter was like 40g)

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I'd join you guys, but right now I've got an IV for each arm one for KOTOR II and one for Fable....lol

Big Warcraft fan though...can't wait to get started on my own game!

Odd

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
m0rbid, it looks like you and I are kindred spirits... I too am running a lvl19 Undead Warlock... I'm using Tailoring and Enchanting.

Tailoring does indeed rule, because of the bag thing; even at low levels you can make some spending money by offering Linen or Woolen bags at cheaper prices than the stores, and fabric isn't hard to find if you know where to look.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
My Warlock is actually an enchanter. I picked up herbalism as second (just to gather some $, but now realise it doesn't pay that much)

My tauren shaman is a skinner,and I've yet to choose a second profession. I have a friend who is a tailor, so I didn't thought about picking this one up, but might get leather working for the shaman. Or mining, just to gather some $.

I think my druid have herbalism too, but I might drop it to try something else. Maybe I'll try engineering, or tailoring.

Odd

Hehe, Hail to you, undead brother! The game apart, it isn't the first time I notice we seem to have similar taste hehe. I love your Grandmaster Bongsman title lol...I think warlocks rule. I've pretty much solo-ed until lvl 15 with him, without dying too much.

Enron

Heh, you'll probably love the game. I also always been a fan of the warcraft universe, and besides City of Heros (that doesn't really fit the classic RPG style), WoW was my first experience at a MMORPG. Let's just say I was hooked from the start, and my social life won't recover from this before a WHILE. lol...

But anyone considering to try this should be warn: this game REALLY is like a virtual-drug.

[edit on 10-2-2005 by m0rbid]

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Just started over to play with some old AC buds on the Garona server. Level 27 Night Elf Hunter. Skinning and Leatherworking as strade kills.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Morbid, herbalism makes sooo much money later on its not even funny. I would have to say the most lucrative tradeskills are Enchanting, Tailoring, Herbalism then Mining/Skinning. The least lucrative tradeskill is Engineering allthough its kills people at higher lvls.

One more thing you guys have to know and that is there is the Util, that allows you to customize the UI to an extreme degree. Here is the url

www.cosmosui.org...

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:17 AM
link   
BAH! That link is blocked here at work. Ill try it when I get home. TY!

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
so THAT is cosmo... I've been hearing about this for a while, but didn't really bothered to ask what it was, I'm usually too much into the game to follow chat conversation anyway, hehehe.

I'll give this a try tonight, looks interesting.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Hey, this looks really cool, so far. I love the second power/item bar (always visible). I thought this was one of the only thing lacking in WoW, because I had seen it in CoH.

I haven't even checked all (there's a lot of them) the customization options yet, but this look like a very worthy GUI "mod" or "add-on".

Thanks for the link

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I got more links to help you guys. I'm sure you will have a use for them eventually, if not right away

wow.allakhazam.com...

news.thottbot.com...,1642&sidebars=Bliz
(This link is the most important one IMO, as they point you to every blizzard post on the forums without you having to sort through them manually. I am simply amazed at the amount of community support that Blizzard offers to its fan-base. I love how they let the users completely customize thier UI with Python and XML. Thats where Cosmos came from, allthough there is some more advanced versions that are also very difficult to setup.)

www.thottbot.com...

www.wowwiki.com...

Well thats about it. From those links you can find just about all the info you need about WoW. Have any more questions feel free to ask anytime! What types of servers you guys on? I'm on PvP. The majority of the zones are contested areas and in some areas there are places where both Alliance and Horde share the same quest
Makes for some...interesting questing experiences to say the least.

Have fun!

FOR THE HORDE!

My warrior has gnomes & :w: for breakfast

[edit on 11-2-2005 by sardion2000]

new topics

top topics

join