It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How panicked drivers are making North Texas gas shortages worse

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

Hey Chris - Racetrak at Marsh and Beltline in Addison is good to go, or was 20 minutes ago. The price was up by 25 cents since yesterday .though.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
So having read through this, what I find fascinating is that drivers will wait in long lines to save a dime or so a gallon. Sometimes more. But for arguments sake, lets use .30 a gallon. If you have a 20 gallon tank (most aren’t that big, but again, easier math), and it’s completly empty, it’s a WHOPPING $6.00 more to fill it up. Is $6.00 worth an hour or two of your time, reduced life expectency from excessive stress, etc.?

I am not insensitive to those for whom $6.00 is a lot of money, however the people I see bitching the most are those driving expensive SUVs...which would imply they probably have $6 in loose change in their vehicle.

Finally, has everyone forgotten the US reserves are full? We are NOT running out of gasoline anytime soon. As for the gougers operating suspect stations...special place for them when the SHTF.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

I'd pay $20 gallon to avoid my 3 year old yelling at me for sitting in a line

-Chris

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Use this. It's always updating. Put in the zipcode.

tracker.gasbuddy.com...

Tells which gas stations have fuel and which don't.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
a reply to: Lab4Us

I'd pay $20 gallon to avoid my 3 year old yelling at me for sitting in a line

-Chris

Lol ain’t it the truth!

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I'm getting pretty concerned. Out of 37 gas stations in the entire Frisco area this morning only 4 have fuel!!

Prosper is completely out. Little Elm and McKinney are not much better.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

I got some at the Kroger at Lebanon and Legacy in frisco.
The kid told me they will be getting 2 to three trucks a day with supplies lasting up to 3 hours...
The entry they had yesterday was from the southbound Lane of Legacy thru the parking lot.l
Maybe waited 15-20 minutes...

Unfortunately they only had regular unleaded but beggars can't be choosers.

I drive by the Kroger ever day so will post if they get gas again...

-Chris
edit on 3-9-2017 by Christosterone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I was able to get gas at Kroger on Custer/Eldorado location but cars were lining up fast.

I hate to think what's going to happen tomorrow when people realize they have to go back to work Tuesday!

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: texasgirl

Saw a gas delivery poster on 4chan last night. He was making deliveries in and out around Frisco, Givin folks the heads up. Trying to remember the addresses off the top of my head. Hwy 1167 or something like that was one of address.

If he pops back on 4chan I'll try and relay addresses. He usually comes on at night.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I witnessed the big gas crisis in the 70's

OPEC placed an oil embargo on the United States due to its support of Israel during the Yom Kippur War. After the sanctions, the price of gasoline increased by 37 percent. But more than that, its supply became severely limited. Rationing and long lines for gas were common at stations. Thievery abounded; stations began locking their pumps and drivers began sealing their gas caps.
Source: The Atlantic

But in actuality, most of the extreme shortages were due to panicking people. People would have 3/4 of a tank, and still be in the gas lines to top off. Some were storing gas in 50 gallon drums in their back yard and siphoning out their tanks to them and returning to the gas station. Many were stealing gas out of parked cars and selling it at triple prices. It was absolutely insane.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join