It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is wrong with our world

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Before you read what I have written I would ask that you put away any political points of view; they are not really relevant in essence although they may be highly relevant in practice, more's the pity.

So exactly what is wrong with our world? It seems perfect enough from a distance: Beautiful oceans; wonderful landscapes that have people wishing for a lottery win just so they can visit them; art that makes us sit up and notice that no, although it is raining outside, somewhere it is sunny and somewhere else the light refuses to go dark...

And yet...

The other day, I was told by a fella in the pub that we should nuke North Korea but before we got to that we should nuke Iran.

I asked why they thought that nuking Iran was a good idea and the answer was astonishing to me.

"We have to nuke Iran, and all the other bastards playing around with nuclear weapons, 'cos if we don't they will get hold of serious stuff in the future and look out then!".

My silence was deafening.

Anyway, it sounds like a joke, wasn't meant to though.

My point is not about nuclear weapons, couldn't be further from it, it is about humanity.

I have lived in a few different countries, not a lot, but quite a few, and the one thing I can definitely say with absolute honesty is this: Everybody I have ever met, without exception, wants the same thing; Peace and prospects for their children, grandchildren or the children of their friends.

And yet...

Why is it that you can ask a perfectly rational person their opinion on North Korea and they come out with "turn that sh## to glass"?

What makes that happen?

IF 99.9% of the population actually want to just protect and educate their children, have fun, live life and be nice...

Why is our world the way it is? You honestly know the answer. Whether you see it as a political thing or not should not take away from the fact that on a global scale, our world is being taken from us by a tiny, miniscule percentage of decision makers that do not speak for us, do not represent us and do not wish us well.

They are represented by an all pervasive and manipulative media machine that when it isn't shaping our thoughts is confusing us. This is literal psychological warfare 101.

They are taking our world away; family values are gone, justice is gone, respect is not even expected anymore. Forget about truth, forget about honesty, forget about morality and forget about integrity.

None of these things are given credence now.

We really should do something about the way our world is being taken away from us, don't you think?

I don't want to alienate anybody, I just honestly feel alienated from anybody who doesn't hold any values.

I guess I have finished my rant. Thank you to anyone who read it.

EDIT: A song

I can't live without the world.

edit on 31-8-2017 by Jonjonj because: moosik

edit on 31-8-2017 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Agenda
Ideology
Lack of empathy and compassion
Inability to see beyond their own views, bias and prejudice.

Basically, people.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Wait. Humans aren't perfect?

When did that happen?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Instead of standing for something, today people define themselves by what they stand against.

And this never leads anywhere good, no matter who does it.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
And this is why Joe Citizen isn't allowed to have his finger on the launch button.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

MSM...

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Agenda
Ideology
Lack of empathy and compassion
Inability to see beyond their own views, bias and prejudice.

Basically, people.

I kind of disagree though. It isn't that we are inherently biased and prejudiced, it is that we are programmed to feel biased and prejudiced, our buttons are pushed by the media.

We aren't stupid, we are forced to disregard our own feelings. In this way we are easily led, sheep if you will, but stupid? Absolutely not, I have faith.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Instead of standing for something, today people define themselves by what they stand against.

Kind of like the witch trials... Oh wait, that's the past.

Guess that pokes holes in your "today" argument.

Hrmm...

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Right?

Where is the simple morality of wrong is wrong and right is right?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
All you have to do is change your expectations and this world is amazing.

It truly is a perfect creation. Even more so because it is a balance of both bad and good. I kind of feel sorry for those who only expect good in this reality.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Anyone who thinks humans have "changed", is horribly ignorant of the past.

link   

originally posted by: eXia7
And this is why Joe Citizen isn't allowed to have his finger on the launch button.

Please explain? Is the launch button supposedly a thing that only those who have no feelings for humanity have access to? And if that is the case...

WTF were we doing giving a launch button to anyone?!!!

link   

The world was once seen as a vast endless adventure just waiting to be explored.

Now, even the furthest of nations and cultures seem like they are right beside you.

Humans are protective by nature, conservative by nature. Wars were fought over immediate land disputes, and threat to cultural and genetic history.
The world is connected now, we are having a conversation from miles and miles away, you are ranting to literal strangers.

What you are noticing, and finally becoming aware or is just the growing pains us humans need to endure to proceed to better times. The internet has brought the old days of face to face conflict to ideological conflict. Which of course, will come full circle if it gets bad enough, and we are sort of seeing that happen now in the US.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

We really should do something about the way our world is being taken away from us, don't you think?

Feeling a little angst I see....

Speaking from my perspective; I see incredible opportunities everywhere, people are generally nice to each other, my world is beautiful and serene with wonderful friends, a passion to involve myself in artistically, financially, and creatively.
No one is trying to take my world away; I find support everywhere.

I used to be very depressed....but when I quit drinking so much and being angry; my life improved dramatically.

I guess it's a matter of perspective. Good luck with yours amigo!!

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

MSM...

I know, I and many others have tried. It is hard to go against the MSM. They are a big thing...

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Speaking from my perspective; I see incredible opportunities everywhere, people are generally nice to each other, my world is beautiful and serene with wonderful friends, a passion to involve myself in artistically, financially, and creatively.

I used to be very depressed....but when I quit drinking so much and being angry; my life improved dramatically.

Estoy bien, suerte con lo tuyo verdad amigo?

I am not surprised by your lack of humanity, have fun.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: eXia7

Please explain? Is the launch button supposedly a thing that only those who have no feelings for humanity have access to? And if that is the case...

WTF were we doing giving a launch button to anyone?!!!

"NUKE THEM" has been a defacto response by many ignorant people I've spoken with myself. Launching nukes is a pretty stupid way of going about solving a problem... just chalk it up as ignorance, and rest in the fact that this guy and hopefully people exactly like him aren't in control of a deadly arsenal of weapons.
edit on 8/31/2017 by eXia7 because: spelling = fail

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
eat the rich

s & f, OP is dead on

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I didnt say person or individual, as your response would seem to indicate.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: olaru12

Estoy bien, suerte con lo tuyo verdad amigo?

I am not surprised by your lack of humanity, have fun.

Lack of humanity because I don't want to join in your crybaby whine fest? You have no idea of my empathy for others!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join