It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is wrong with our world

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky
All you have to do is change your expectations and this world is amazing.

It truly is a perfect creation. Even more so because it is a balance of both bad and good. I kind of feel sorry for those who only expect good in this reality.

I've noticed in my personal life that many who see this any different spend way too much time online and/or in front of the television.

It is as if most of those individuals see a different reality, and that it is reinforced by confirmation bias.

Our world is a beautiful all encompassing place full of many amazing and diverse people.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: Jonjonj

We really should do something about the way our world is being taken away from us, don't you think?

Feeling a little angst I see....

Speaking from my perspective; I see incredible opportunities everywhere, people are generally nice to each other, my world is beautiful and serene with wonderful friends, a passion to involve myself in artistically, financially, and creatively.
No one is trying to take my world away; I find support everywhere.

I used to be very depressed....but when I quit drinking so much and being angry; my life improved dramatically.

I guess it's a matter of perspective. Good luck with yours amigo!!

Estoy bien, suerte con lo tuyo verdad amigo?

I am not surprised by your lack of humanity, have fun.

Lack of humanity because I don't want to join in your crybaby whine fest? You have no idea of my empathy for others!

Well you could always shut up and disappear, like a dick in the night, right? I mean why even answer?

Go away sad lad.

edit on 31-8-2017 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

Our world is a beautiful all encompassing place full of many amazing and diverse people.

My point wasn't that the world is ugly, but rather that there are some agents in the world who want to make a beautiful world grey, dark and destructive.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

a reply to: Illumimasontruth

My point wasn't that the world is ugly, but rather that there are some agents in the world who want to make a beautiful world grey, dark and destructive.

I understood, and I know the struggle is real.
I just wanted to drop a reminder that we do have a great deal of control when it comes to how much they can influence us!

Good rant, and I did S&F you before commenting.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: Jonjonj

Instead of standing for something, today people define themselves by what they stand against.

And this never leads anywhere good, no matter who does it.

Perhaps that is because today the rhetoric is nothing but war-mongering BS-fuelled propaganda designed to perpetuate a permanent state of war, paranoia and unlimited defence spending? Surely no truly sane person could ever stand behind such a policy unless they were continually bombarded with propaganda?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I feel you. I get where you are coming from. S+F for expressing your deep sense of humanity.

We really should do something about the way our world is being taken away from us, don't you think?

I agree. The idea of all people possessing the devotion to work for the common good of all of humanity is what is needed in this world. Global patriotism is needed in this world instead of national patriotism.

I have lived in a few different countries, not a lot, but quite a few, and the one thing I can definitely say with absolute honesty is this: Everybody I have ever met, without exception, wants the same thing; Peace and prospects for their children, grandchildren or the children of their friends.

I too have been blessed to live in different parts of the world and travel a lot throughout the year. I just spent the last few months in Europe. In stating that: I have come to learn through my travels that what you stated is so very true. There are more similarities in cultures than there are differences. We all possess the same desire to experience the true currency of life for ourselves, loved ones and friends.

Whether you see it as a political thing or not should not take away from the fact that on a global scale, our world is being taken from us by a tiny, miniscule percentage of decision makers that do not speak for us, do not represent us and do not wish us well.

My approach to life is to always try to maintain balance.

Possessing empathy and being of service to others according to the best of our abilities and resources is something I often put into practice. However, I also often dedicate MOST of my time and energy to selfish ego interest such following my passions, spending time with loved ones, having fun in various ways, travelling, and so on. I strive to have as much fun as possible in this world before I pass on. I owe it myself to live my highest ideals and strive towards my highest dreams. I deserve it. So does everyone else, imo. Despite the ignorance, horrors, and suffering taking place — there is still much awareness, beauty, and joy also (to be) being experienced in this world.

So exactly what is wrong with our world? It seems perfect enough from a distance: Beautiful oceans; wonderful landscapes that have people wishing for a lottery win just so they can visit them; art that makes us sit up and notice that no, although it is raining outside, somewhere it is sunny and somewhere else the light refuses to go dark...

Stay in the light, my friend. As the saying goes (not to be conflated with apathy): turn to face the sun and the shadows will fall behind you...

edit on 31-8-2017 by Involutionist because: ...because my grammar & punctuation SUCKS!

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Anyone who thinks humans have "changed", is horribly ignorant of the past.

This is correct.

The only thing that has changed is the environment around humans and civilization.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Someday.....

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
Someday.....

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

I have turned away, there is no saving it.

Until He returns.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Everybody I have ever met, without exception, wants the same thing; Peace and prospects for their children, grandchildren or the children of their friends.

Though most people desire the same things...sadly, there will always be those who are filled with greed and want power over others. Too many lack compassion and love for their fellow man and think only of themselves and their own families and friends.

Still, don't let it keep you from shining your own light out into the world and let it take affect. Your kind will always be needed and appreciated in a chaotic messed up world.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Human beings are freaks of nature. That's what's wrong.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I blame government leaders, politicians and religious ideology for creating a lot of the hate and war mongering. It's unfortunate the majority allow a few power hungry elite to control and shape our minds. Governments and Religious leaders have created a system of hate by dividing people based upon party affiliations and religious beliefs. We use these beliefs to justify wars and hatred of people who are different.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

We need more people like you in the world Night Star.
Just imagine if all the leaders of the world had the same kind of outlook you have! The world would prosper because we would all be working together for the betterment of humanity and protecting our environment.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Basically, I lost interest.
Whatever.

We don't control any of it.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

How sweet of you to say! Thank you for your kind words!

edit on 31-8-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Ideological brainwashing (Tribalism)

Unwillingness to collectively stand against the REAL enemy.

Lack of education

Lack of connectiveness

Oversaturated with technology

Materialistic mentality

When it comes to what's wrong with humanity the proverbial rabbit hole goes deep.

edit on 31-8-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Speaking from my perspective; I see incredible opportunities everywhere, people are generally nice to each other, my world is beautiful and serene with wonderful friends, a passion to involve myself in artistically, financially, and creatively.

I used to be very depressed....but when I quit drinking so much and being angry; my life improved dramatically.

Estoy bien, suerte con lo tuyo verdad amigo?

I am not surprised by your lack of humanity, have fun.

Lack of humanity because I don't want to join in your crybaby whine fest? You have no idea of my empathy for others!

Well you could always shut up and disappear, like a dick in the night, right? I mean why even answer?

Go away sad lad.

I guess my comment about drinking touched a nerve, eh?

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Mine also. Wonderful isnt it.
So you have "stopped to smell the roses" too
Congratulations
You have joined true humanity

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

No. It was all foretold and we are also told to have patience not join in and wait. Doing anything just makes you the same as them in the end, no Man can fix this.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join