It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NFL Chat thread.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

Vikings got a damn solid defense that can take them a long way, Dalvin Cook is gonna be special, think their season rests on how well Bradford plays till when and if Bridgewater can make it back. Zimmer is an excellent coach,got to find a way to sweep the Packers.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Ahh, I was just smack talking...however, I do believe that Dak is talented and wise beyond his tender years. Zeke? Very talented obviously, but somewhat immature.

I don't know, we will see Thursday night in the opener against Houston. Poor Houston. Those guys have been using the Boy's new facility in Frisco for practice and of course we are hosting the game at AT&T Stadium when it was supposed to be at the Astrodome in H. Town. Tickets are only $25 and all proceeds are going towards the relief efforts in South TX.

Tomorrow we (Dallas) are receiving 5K to 6K people from Houston at the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center Downtown. Plus many of our churches across North Texas are/have already housing Harvey folks.

I am going down to help process - please pray for Texas and donate. Even $10 helps. This is going to be a long haul.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Big packer fan here. I am worried about the right side of the offensive line. Kind of hard to throw on your back.

Not sure about a pick yet...........to early and haven't seen everyone play.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Never watched a quarter in my life !
Boring sport and what's with those pads ?

Strange sport .

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

If you've been watching pre-season, you still haven't seen anyone play.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Missmissie173

I know LOL I'm just giving you a hard time.

Major props to you helping out with Houston,seriously encourage everybody to donate what they can, these people have a long drawn out struggle ahead. Always knew Texans were tough, but the spirit and community they have shown is overwhelming.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

L I O N S

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o

L I O N S

Frickin Lions cost me the pool last season.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

Much like life its what you grow up around and get used to.

I'm sure the first naive caveman that saw another caveman mount its mate thrusting up and down thought that was silly.

To some a rugby scrum looks silly as hell, why and the hell are they a locked in arms looking at the ball. Soccer to some is just kicking around a ball for 90 minutes and pretending you got a broke leg when an opponent touches you. How about nailing a basket on the wall of the gym and throwing a ball in it, the basic story of the invention of basketball. Baseball slow and dull to some but hitting that little white ball zooming at you at 90+ miles an hour one pitch then hitting the curve swooping in on a breaking ball is one of the most difficult things to master in all of sports. American football has been compared to getting in car wreck 20 or more times a game. To master and be the be best in any of these sports is difficult as hell,and even then you have the coaching and strategy involved is what makes it intriguing to watch for enough people that the pros make millions of dollars a year just to look silly to you.

So lets enjoy the variety of sports

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

There's a rule of thumb for Lions fans:

Root for 'em, but never bet on 'um

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Go Pats!

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

M#*&@* F*^#@%# Patriots

They are the smartest team in the league props for that, but also the luckiest,play for years in a chithole division. Dolphins,Jets,Bills come on man. They could put Grogan, Russ Francis and Sam Cunningham out there with Bill and he could still win the division. most other team have actually competition to win their division.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Niners suck- signed a Cowboy's fan.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Vikings and Kansas City will do the same thing they do every time everyone says "They're the ones to watch" Yep not much. Heh.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth

Niners suck- signed a Cowboy's fan.

When's the last time they were in a SB? Or an NFC championship game? The Niners were 5 and 4 years respectively.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Y'all are leavin' out a team that just aquired Sheldon Richardson from the Jets for essentially their #3 wide reciever.

The Seattle Seahawks.

Barring catastrophe, their front seven may be the best the league has to offer.

NFC championship preview: Seattle @ Green Bay (week one).

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Seattle should be in the mix,again in a weak division. Arizona with a healthy Palmer and Johnson are dangerous. The Rams and the Niners are both rebuilding.

Time will tell if Richardson meshes well with the Seahawks.Think their OL is a liability though Wilson's agility mitigates that somewhat. But they need to run consistently, if they can they are so much better.

Not to mention both these teams Packers and Seahawks were trounced by the Falcons in the playoffs last year. That said Falcons got new CO's on both sides of he ball, so there could be an adjustment there. But offensively the talent is there and they should be improved defensively as the season rolls along.

Lots of good teams in the NFC, it's honestly who stays healthy and who gets hot at the right time.
edit on 1-9-2017 by putnam6 because: wording

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Oy, there...

No reality 'til at least week two!!

Offensive line issues in Seattle are really nothing new--unfortunately. But, in the pre-season, which is mostly meaningless of course, the starting line did look a whole lot better. I'll settle for league average, frankly... With a healthy Wilson, and what looks to be a better running game, league average is all we need.

Richardson will, I hope, be used almost exclusively at the three technique tackle--I believe Seattle calls it the under-tackle...so should **knockin' on wood** provide the inside pass rush that was missing most of last season...which should free up Bennett, Avril, and Clark to come off the edge. The pass rush could be, could be mind, every bit as good, if not better, than in 2013, the Super Bowl season.

Arizona, San Francisco (sorry, 'trep), and Los Angeles are all either rebuilding, or just plain bad. The division is Seattle's for the taking. 13-3 isn't far fetched, especially if they get by Green Bay week one, and a game against Houston (which is a very scary game for a team with suspect pass blocking...).

But...

They play the games for a reason.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I hear ya I hear ya but as a fan of the Falcons you learn past history may not be indication of future results. Especially coming off a great season last year lol, still was supremely worried both playoff games lol and was truly shocked at the outcome. Then you get a little confident and for 3 quarters in Houston well you know the rest.

Falcons could blast off and get back to the Super Bowl or they honestly could have problems winning the division. The division games are always tough, expect the Bucs and Panthers to be improved and even with the Saints the offense usually has to put up a 30 burger to beat them.

Thanks to Quinn hopefully the up and down is changing, think he brought that Seattle mentality with him and gets maximum effort from not only the top tiered players but really coaches up the rest of he team where they can contribute and make it less of a drop off if they have to step in a few games. Think thats huge over a 16-19 game season.

Gonna be a fun year all you can hope for is to be in the mix in December and hope you get hot for those last weeks. The November 20th game against Seattle will be a good gauge for the Falcons their schedule from the 5th on is going to be very tough.

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
OK, now it's for real. Man I hate the long off season. HERE WE GO11111

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join