It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton signed legislation to make Robert E. Lee day a holiday - WILL DEM LEADERS DISAVOW?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
This is getting ridiculous.

I completely agree.

Although, I would say it's more along the lines of getting outright stupid.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Prove it ,wheres your link?
You've lied before to me so I want someone who ISN'T a member of your faith to explain it or you are just rampant opinion trolling again.
PROVE what you say.

Here I will BACK my statements what what is called A LINK so others scan see my opinions ARE accurate...
www.history.com...

NOW you COUNTER with SOMETHING else besides YOU.

edit on 28-8-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: thesaneone

How hard is it to admit that you want to enforce your will over local governments elected by the People?

I do? When did I say that?

All I said was that the tax payers paid for those statues.

And you're mistaken in that claim as I've clearly demonstrated.

So, why don't you get on the record ... should the Confederate Statues stay were they are, or can they be removed by the governments that own them?

I don't live there so I really don't care what they do,but it doesn't change the fact that the money came from the people and not the governments own pocket.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Ku Klux Klan - Wikipedia

First KKK
The first Klan was founded in Pulaski, Tennessee, sometime between December 1865 and August 1866 by six former officers of the Confederate army as a fraternal social club inspired at least in part by the then largely defunct Sons of Malta.

Second KKK

In 1915, the second Klan was founded in Atlanta, Georgia. Starting in 1921, it adopted a modern business system of using full-time paid recruiters and appealed to new members as a fraternal organization, of which many examples were flourishing at the time. Reflecting the social tensions pitting urban versus rural America, it spread to every state and was prominent in many cities. The second KKK preached "One Hundred Percent Americanism" and demanded the purification of politics, calling for strict morality and better enforcement of prohibition. Its official rhetoric focused on the threat of the Catholic Church, using anti-Catholicism and nativism. Its appeal was directed exclusively at white Protestants; it opposed Jews, blacks, Catholics, and newly arriving Southern European immigrants such as Italians.

(Remind you of any recently elected Presidential platforms?)

Third KKK
The "Ku Klux Klan" name was used by numerous independent local groups opposing the Civil Rights Movement and desegregation, especially in the 1950s and 1960s.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

How hard is it to admit that you want to enforce your will over local governments elected by the People?

I do? When did I say that?

All I said was that the tax payers paid for those statues.

And you're mistaken in that claim as I've clearly demonstrated.

So, why don't you get on the record ... should the Confederate Statues stay were they are, or can they be removed by the governments that own them?

I don't live there so I really don't care what they do,but it doesn't change the fact that the money came from the people and not the governments own pocket.

And again, you're simply incorrect. Many of these statues and the lands they sit on were donated to these governments.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

The frame on the right side of your graphic is faked.

Are you aware of this?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Who donated the money? Was it the government themselves?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Who donated the money? Was it the government themselves?

Where have I claimed anyone donated money? I haven't.

In many cases these so-called Confederate Memorials (and the lands for same) were donated to local governments BY individuals (as I've stated several times now.)

Your posts are starting to make zero sense.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I'm sorry but you NEGLECTED to mention HOW they came to real strength and under WHAT political faction...as I have demonstrated and answered earlier.
A:The Confederacy was dead. What they were is irrelivant
B: The DEMOCRATS gave life to the KKK
C: In 1958 it was signed into LAW Law 85-410 section states that all confederate dead are UNITED STATES VETERANS.
THAT is why the rebel flag in venerated to 99% of white America,and STILL will be AFTER we get rid of the hippies again
Reminds ME of the SURFERS cross debacle of the 70s.(Malize crosses aren't JUST Nazi symbols)

ALL that came after is irrelevant populous shifting ...like your factions are attempting to do and failing with this semantic and historic rewrite.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

im aware that the left has done the impossible and made the right look the more rational party with their hypocrisy,decisions,scandals, triggering effects, and leaders.

waiting for the left to protest and denounce hillary for kissing a former Imperial Wizard from the Klan?

oh yeah that wont happen.
edit on 28831America/ChicagoMon, 28 Aug 2017 13:28:51 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

which opinion exactly? most confederate soldiers had nothing to do with slavery and were regular civilians before the war.
you can't honestly tell me you think every southerner had one single unified opinion or that they were all racist, right? that's completely irrational if you believe that, and in the first place the kkk only lasted 6 years after the war and only reformed after 44 years so what are you going on about exactly?

besides most confederate troop records were destroyed by union forces after the war so what you're asking for is impossible and even then the only evidence is the people and they died over 100 years ago, how can either one of us know what they thought?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

Good Lord, I am saying that the poster who claimed that many confederate soldiers changed their stance on slavery after the war, was talking out of his behind, as there is no evidence of such a claim.
edit on 28-8-2017 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Still waiting on your proof that they were all racists, you have made it quite clear that you believe all or the vast majority (even though the vast majority had zero hope of every owning a slave) were dyed in the wool racists.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

People also tend to ignore the part of the war where desertion from the south was rather small, but it happened almost all at once. And many left because they realized it was a war being fought over something other than their southern pride and heritage.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
In a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Well shoot, Bill Clinton is a rapist. Dems didn't disavow. Hillary's mentor is a Klansman. Dems didn't disavow. Dems are responsible for the KKK, lynchings, hunting down escaped slaves... Dems haven't disavowed.

In fact, the only thing the Dems have done is project their racist, rapist ways onto the right and the Republicans.

Sad!

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: yuppa

southern democrats passed those. be specific.

Yep. The same party that wanted more states rights, less federal government, and less taxes. Who does that sound like now?

The southern strategy has fooled you apparently. The Democrats are against all of those now because it sees a way to enslave Blacks by keeping them in poverty and dependent on them.

the republicans want people to help themselves and get out of the democratic trap of dependence.

But honestly arent those three things good? The framers would love those three things.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Of course not.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join