It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyone Just Needs to Chill the F Out

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

You shut you MOUTH when you talk to meeee!

Actually, you...you're probably right. I'm going to try a little experiment, today I am going to ask random people at work what they know about Milo Yopadopalopoudous and antifa and see how many have the slightest clue who or what I'm talking about.

I shall be back later to post my results, unless I forget.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I think littlefinger summed it up perfectly when it comes to political diatribe on ATS these days.

I don't care what side of the floor you dance on, just don't be a dancing fool. Sure it's good to engage in political discussions but as the old saying goes 'ask a stupid question and you will get a stupid response' applies to all including myself and lately there has been so much talk of the left MSM making "fake news" that some on the right forget that their news sources are guilty of the same crime. Be butthurt all you want die hard Trump fans- search your feelings, you know it to be true.

Then you have the left who won't stop whining because they lost instead of focusing on rebuttals and thinking of a new strategy. Boo hoo Hillary, you lost and instead of a strong rebuttal you high tailed it when you could've at least delivered some rhetoric to give the left a hope of winning the next election.

I will echo the OP's sentiments, it's time for people to chill the F out.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth
a reply to: DBCowboy

Packers. We're gonna build a wall around Lambeau. And make Seattle pay for it.

The only reason Milwaukee doesn't have a football team is because Green Bay would want one too.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

I still skim the news from my fav aggregator site, but honestly, I'm enjoying myself listening to documentaries now and not missing the rest.

Here here.

What they call New(s) is such droll. For many that word rings like Pavlov's bell.

America just needs to ignore the screeching of the media and frankly, it might be best to not bother with reading Trumps tweets. Those seem to generate the highest amount of negativity and arguments in people online.

Or people on line are trying to generate that negativity and divisiveness just like the media does from their screeching post.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
Social media has you people whipped up into a rabid frenzy, and you should know better.

Not me. I don't use any social media. It's masturbation for the ego and a waste of time.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Yes.
So much truth being said here.
The various forms of media have whipped those with the least usable wisdom into committing as much foolishness as possible. I feel that many of the most egregious behaving people out there never learned that silence is not necessarily consent. Silence is often simply maintaining the "truce" that helps society make it until tomorrow. If you wish for a 14 foot tall brass statue General Robert E. Lee on your front lawn that's ok. I'll be quiet because It's YOUR yard. But i will hear nothing from you when i plant my giant Barbarella/Robot Nixon statuary on MY yard.
I think it's ok to be racist, sexist, or a communist. I'm also ok with agnosticism, capitalism, and hedonism. And lots of other -ists and -isms. But i don't think it's ok to put all the "ists and isms" into action. In fact, I think it's ethically obligatory to maintain tolerance in the presence of those differing from myself. This gives me an opportunity to truly listen and discover other people. I also think that this tolerance is a truce, and that if someone breaks that truce-- say, by marching around yelling "BLOOD AND SOIL" while displaying the swastika tattoo, or shouting "DEATH TO WHITES" in a BLM t-shirt that person should accept that the truce doesn't protect them anymore. That means I'm free not to hire a nazi. Or to care when an alt-left protester catches a rubber police bullet in the crotch. But when you plow a crowd with a car, hurt people and start structure fires I'm happy to send the law after you-- not because it's fair, but because fair treatment is reserved for those who hold our common truce. Can you imagine the media response if we all held the truce for a week? A month? FOX and CNN might wind up paying people to wear racist garb and fling stones at one another.

“With all the risk and danger television sprays at us each day like tear gas, it occurs to me they should simply open each evening's show by saying, "Welcome to the Channel Two News; we're very surprised you made it through another day.” ― Thom Rutledge

First post! (Long time lurker though)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Last nights episode.

LF got his throat slit.

Bad example.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

I think most people are pretty chill. Whenever I have a conversation with someone who isn't up to his neck in all things partisan politics, I realize how dull I sound and what a pill it is to be around me. It's the same with friends who are either Trump supporters or detractors; it just gets boring after a while.

That's why I limit my political conversation to online. I do like talking politics with people who address topics that go beyond personalities, although my dislike of Trump gets ahead of my brain sometimes. I enjoy discussing the nuances of policy, and the cause and effect that the actions of political figures and legislation can spawn.

edit on 28-8-2017 by icanteven because: added a word

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Wrong. The fact that most people don't know # makes it a bigger deal not less of one. We need to stand up to the shutting down of opposing viewpoints not just ignore it and not give a # about it.

Jaden

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

You guys have been "standing up to it" for years, and it's only gotten worse.

Maybe ignoring it is actually the way to go.

It's definitely healthier, that's for sure.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I gave up awhile back. Even if you stay out of it, you get labeled. I found better things to do than keep participating in all this and there's a few who keep throwing out accusations, keeping the pot stirred. Been working on new Japanese joinery techniques and new furniture designs. I come to ATS, read, laugh and then go back to building furniture. ATS is no longer a conspiracy site, it's just another Reddit or Twitter now.

ATS has turned into drudge or breitbart these days. It's sad.
edit on 28-8-2017 by DoubleDNH because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The problem here, is yes one can chill and all, but some of these people have tried to doxx those they disagree with, and have even made false accusations and tried to get others fired. Not to mention that everyone they disagree with is a nazi in the eyes of some and they believe they have a right to punch and get physically violent merely because they believe the other person is a nazi.

You have to watch the way you dress, the way you talk. This is without talking about what they've done to colleges across the country.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I agree with you in spirit, however, I think you are missing the point of much of the 'rabid frenzy', as you put it.

I do not speak for others, though some may have a similar opinion. For myself, my rabid frenzy is directed at the manipulation itself, not the false target it attempts to trigger me with. And to a lesser degree those who fall so willingly for the manipulation. Like the song says:

"I've given up on the media - feeds my hysteria - done with all your hypocrisy"

This nation desperately needs rabid frenzied anger right now. It just needs to be directed at the real villains, not the false flags.

Those who stand for nothing fall for everything.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I agree to a point. But it starts to be concerning when popular narrative starts removing history. That said if there was no reason for concern then don't you think the main stream media may show both sides equally. They are not and as both extremes are full of $#%^ and only one side is being defended then those of us standing in the middle watching should be somewhat concerned.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

OhmygodohmygodohmygodNorthKoreafiredamissleandTrumpisajerkandantifaisbad
andnazi'sareeverywhereandwe'reallgoingtodieandweneedtogotowarbutthemilitary
sucksandwhatarewegoingtodo???
edit on 28-8-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

I agree with you in spirit, however, I think you are missing the point of much of the 'rabid frenzy', as you put it.

I do not speak for others, though some may have a similar opinion. For myself, my rabid frenzy is directed at the manipulation itself, not the false target it attempts to trigger me with. And to a lesser degree those who fall so willingly for the manipulation. Like the song says:

"I've given up on the media - feeds my hysteria - done with all your hypocrisy"

This nation desperately needs rabid frenzied anger right now. It just needs to be directed at the real villains, not the false flags.

Those who stand for nothing fall for everything.

Agreed.We need to get riled up and focus on the real wrongs that are going on by our corrupt gov't and media.We have been chill for far too long.IMHO.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Social media has you people whipped up into a rabid frenzy, and you should know better. You all know it exists to manipulate you, yet you continue to allow it to do so.

In fact, sometimes I think you insist on being manipulated.
You may also pick up a few IQ points.

I could argue that you are trying to manipulate people into not taking a stand by their arguments.

I wonder what you think would have happened if in similar past events people would have followed your lead and not cared a thing about what the puppeteers did in the past.

We could argue that if the founding fathers of the U.S. took to heart your argument to this day "the colonies would still be subject to the whims of the British empire."

Not to mention that you even try to claim that if people don't see the logic in your argument that they are dumber than you...

So you are telling people to follow your example, not care about what the puppeteers are doing "and people will be smarter for doing so".

If you don't understand that human beings will always argue, you really haven't learned anything at all about human history.

People will always have their own opinions, and if people didn't stand for what they think is right, evil will always triumph.

Not to mention, you are ranting about people having their own opinions and taking a stand, and your argument is to claim that "those people are being manipulated for taking a stand"...

edit on 28-8-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
a reply to: Butthurtinflictor

Not that long ago, when we were actually more worried about Why all this was happening, members would have been digging for behind the scenes manipulations, who was doing it, why they were doing it and what their goals were. Now..pft...like I said, just another Twitter.

People stopped digging behind the scenes when it was obvious that humans have nothing to do with it.

They shutdown and picked a side...effectively rendering everyone into religions they believe are not religions.

But feel free to believe what you will..just know that the media does what they are told...as do everyone else...all across the Universe.

And pretend that the good ol days were any better.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

a reply to: Butthurtinflictor

It's not necessarily the subject matter--it's the way the subject matter is engaged.

People used to look at news stories to pick them apart and separate fact from fiction, somewhat objectively. Now they're used as tools of spite to piss off the opposition. There is no objective search for truth here anymore. It's become about which propaganda, and means of disseminating it, is more effective.

Instead of denying ignorance, people trip over themselves to be the first to use one's ignorance against them.

Just to win an argument. Nothing that happens here has any bearing or value in the real world.

We used to shake things up. Now we're stuck in the blender with everyone else.

It is what it is.

People no longer need or WANT to pretend things get better by ignoring or doing things the way it was before.

You think this is normal programming going on..it is not..

Only one way out of this..admit that the problem is nothing that you have been told and deal with it..otherwise it sounds and is no different..and will accomplish nothing...that is the ONLY thing that pretending the internet is the fault or the news...they are but a reflection of REALITY.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join