It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The U.S. National Anthem Has To Be Changed.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Yawn... try again with yet another thread with the same joke.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim

You need a " Sense Of Humour Implant "

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   
OH MY BLEEPING WORD!!!! ARE YOU BLEEPING BLEEPING ME?!!??!?

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
But, as William Booth said, "why should the devil have all the best tunes?" If swords can be turned into ploughshares, then drinking song tunes can be given better uses.

Having said that, I've never really been impressed by the over-elaborate progression of the American anthem, and would suggest something a little more jaunty. What about the tune of "Bonnie Dundee"?

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If the US s going to become a nation of banning, censoring, spineless anti-freedom asstards, then I have a new anthem suggestion.

But the world already has an Iran,China,North Korea

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Ok I got a new song then.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lilroanie
This song makes me tear up every time I hear it. It's relevant, beautiful, and if every person in the US would get behind it's message non of the sh** happening now would be. Ever since the first time I heard it, I've felt it should be the national anthem, not some re-do of the British "God Save the Queen". We took America from them after all

Thanks a lot, now where are my tissues? I LOVE this song!!

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SudoNim

Ugh. Just, UGH. How miserable are you that everything you post is a mean retort meant to insult and put down? Even in a melting pot, there's always an insect.

But, to remain on topic: I love our national anthem!

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

A beer in one hand, the other over my heart attempting but failing to sing the Anthem is my kind of America.

God bless the USA. We know where our towels are.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Oh, I am sure some will decide it's racist, too, since, well, the song was English, and therefore white.

Give them time!!

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

Ugh. Just, UGH. How miserable are you that everything you post is a mean retort meant to insult and put down? Even in a melting pot, there's always an insect.

What do you expect - you're dealing with the actual Homer Simpson, just keep that in mind - I mean, just look at what he's doing in his avatar will ya - Doh..........

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
It's not an offensive tune, but it sure is a damn boring one. If people haaaaave to have the same lyrics, then rewrite the melody to be something a little less lethargic & a bit more "alive" at least.

Edit: Should have put a trigger warning for the hardcore right wingers before I posted that. Many panties are going to be twisted and soiled over the notion of changing to a better tune.
edit on 8/26/2017 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
The melody of the U.S. National Anthem is an old English Beer Drinking Song.

The anthem HAS to be changed. Otherwise it could be highly offensive to teetotalers.

Ban it now i say.

osaycanyouhear.wordpress.com...

perhaps it should be changed but not because it may offend tea totalers but because of this lyric:

No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave:

but fortunately or unfortunately most people are ignorant of all the verses of the national anthem so they don`t even know those lyrics exist as part of the national anthem.

edit on 27-8-2017 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join