It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix protester shot in dangly bits arrested after identifying himself to Reddit

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: neo96

Seriously if you think he earned a triple aggravated felony for just kicking a gas canister, than you are becoming the monster that you have been fighting all along.

Think about this long and hard.
Tell me in all honesty that this kid doesn't deserve to ever have a normal life again after this minor infraction.

I would think normal SANE people would agree that a year or two probation sounds fitting for this crime, and maybe a 5,000 $ fine would be OK too. But this?? No way man. It's complete insanity.

I am all with you here, but lets be honest. He is not a kid by any stretch of the imagination. He knew what he was doing, and even offered to turn himself in if it came to it.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes Muzzle.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
They should let him go with a minor fine. The shot to the family jewels should be punishment enough. LOL

Now this I could get a chuckle out of.

Judge "Mr. Corbin I'm gonna give you time served, mostly because of the whole....y'know...*chuckle*...getting shot in the balls with a pepper ball. Good day, sir."

Lulz.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: muzzleflash

This isn't us vs them.

Then why did you use the term "right wingers"?

Because there are 3 sides to this.

Those who don't see anything wrong with what he did (the left).
Those who think he should be hung (the right).

And those who think that applying the correct charges (somewhere in the middle) is the best course of action (common sense).

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

There is nothing wrong with your argument. I'm just debating from the other side. I do think you're getting ahead of the story however.

The system does work if you work with it. Learning not to fight the system and instead to use it was one of the most important lessons of my life. Those who use it win, those who fight it always lose.

I've been arrested twice. Once I was guilty and once I was innocent.

When I was guilty I told the truth, cooperated and judge expunged my record. When I was innocent the judge threw out the charges in the interest of justice. The system does work if you don't fight it and it works as intended.

I do agree that many of the people in jail do not belong there. I'm on your side when it comes to the laws needing revision, but I'm never on the side of violence, whether a person is violent themselves or chooses to associate with it.

edit on 8/25/2017 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/25/2017 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: amazing
They should let him go with a minor fine. The shot to the family jewels should be punishment enough. LOL

Now this I could get a chuckle out of.

Judge "Mr. Corbin I'm gonna give you time served, mostly because of the whole....y'know...*chuckle*...getting shot in the balls with a pepper ball. Good day, sir."

Lulz.

Yeah and well a thousand years from now, that video will still be somewhere on the internet. How's that for a lasting legacy. He'll always be the guy that got shot in the balls. Always.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes Muzzle.

Is that like an excuse that justifies when things go wrong?

Couldn't the leftists say, "hey, they ran their mouths and said all that pro-Trump nonsense, we had to beat them up for it".
Because you know it'd be stupid to open your mouth in public these days right? No, we have a right to speak, if they touch you it's assault, they have no excuse. But they could just say stupid is as stupid does. What happens happens, you asked for it.

Stupid games stupid prizes?
We must live in an idiocracy than.

What ever happened to equity?

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

The system does work if you work with it. Learning not to fight the system and instead to use it was one of the most important lessons of my life. Those who use it win, those who fight it always lose.

I disagree.

Though in theory that sounds great and it should work - in reality it is way way way more difficult than that.
I wish it were that simple, I really do.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Montana

I agree and he won't be. Police usually charge much higher and prosecutors usually plea and throw out the rest. One of us is very upset simply because he agrees with what side this protestor belongs to.

Personally i feel, this individual has every right to protest and wear any type of clothing he wants to wear while doing it and even put on a gas mask but don't assault the very people who are protecting your rights to do so as well as the only group that would put their lives on the line to prevent another tragedy.

The bottom line is he broke the law and in this case the law won for now. I suspect as soon as it makes it to the overburdened prosecutors office that it will be released to misdemeanors or dismissed altogether

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

S&F for "dangly bits" and "twig and berries," although it's something I imagine seeing while browsing the health food section for trail mix or something or other.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

He's not going to get 38 years.....but he COULD! It's open.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

I think they excessively charged him.

Do you really believe this kid should face 4 years minimum to 38 years maximum for this?
And have a triple felony record thus destroying his life completely?

:kicks gas cannister:
:life behind bars:

America, land of the free!

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Stop *clap* Bragging *clap* online *Clap*

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN

Good Lord calm down. First off the Prosecuter did not charge the guy, the police only arrested him for those charges. Just because you are arrested for something does not mean that's what you end up in court for.

Just because you are found guilty of something and this guy has yet to even appear in court does not mean he will get the max sentence or any time, maybe just a fine will be all.

As far as him being arrested, yes he should of been. The police was there to protect everyone. He obviously showed up expecting trouble as he was wearing a gas mask. You can protest without attacking the police or anyone for that matter.

He should have worried about felonies before he committed them, if you can't do the time, don't do the crime...dont do it...dont do it

Just another example of people freaking out over something they evidently know very little about.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Not when it is perpetrated against a law enforcement officer. That is a felony, and rightfully so.

He KICKED A GAS CANISTER OMG!!!

What the hell???

I am with you. Totally astounded that there are people here that think these charges are not over the top.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Here's a link to a webpage that explains Arizona Aggravated Assault on a LEO.

I calculated the minimum possible vs the max based on this.

well according to Arizona law he did commit aggravated assault on police officers.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Do you really believe this kid should face 4 years minimum to 38 years maximum for this?

I can understand giving him a few misdemeanors but triple aggravated assault?
That's tyranny folks. 38 years max wow.
For kicking a gas canister? Really?

Something is terribly wrong with our system because that doesn't sound like reasonable "justice" to me!!
This is a bit too much.

You might be a moron.

1. He wont get 38 years.
2. If you kick anything at a cop, expect to have assault charges filed.
3. Please don't have children

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Wow... that is crazy. I would love to say that liberal got what he deserves but no. I am a political traitor- I don't see the problem. I've been in numerous of protests and kicking the gas canisters back at cops is common in almost everyone of them. I respect cops, I think they have a tough job... but I don't get that. Hell, he practically turned himself in. Even he didn't think he intentionally broke the law.. if he knew he would serve that many years, he wouldn't have done it.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I can understand giving him a few misdemeanors but triple aggravated assault?
That's tyranny folks. 38 years max wow.
For kicking a gas canister? Really?

Something is terribly wrong with our system because that doesn't sound like reasonable "justice" to me!!
This is a bit too much.

I agree.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   

I agree,criminal mischief at best,he was publicly embarrassed I'm sure that clip will be played over and over,I was a kid once,used to be you were charged on the severity of your crime,now it's whatever the media want

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Iostsheep

You forget that "intent" isn't a factor, unless your name is Clinton.
edit on 26-8-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join