It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix protester shot in dangly bits arrested after identifying himself to Reddit

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Shamrock6

No one has the right to violent protest.

I am glad to see justice served.

He should have been charged with unlawful assembly, disorderly conduct, and maybe simple misdemeanor assault (if you wanna tack that on to be harsh).

3 Felony Aggravated Assaults is the type of charges you apply to someone who just held up a bank or tried to kidnap some people. What the hell?

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Sounds like they realize they are dealing with unreasonable people. There comes a time when people start getting the example treatment to curb this.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
I can understand giving him a few misdemeanors but triple aggravated assault?
That's tyranny folks. 38 years max wow.
For kicking a gas canister? Really?

Now you know what to expect. Don't simply kick the gas canister and let them haul you off for free. If you're going to jail ... go bigly. Take as many of them with you as you possibly can. Heck ... you might as well organize a squad of guys while you're at it.

Imagine the absolute chaos of 8 or 10 violent protestors emerging organized from the crowd and firing AR-10s into the police line at near point-blank range. One could expect 50 or 60 cops to be down in the first few seconds of the fusillade. The numbers would be staggering if each protestor made it to a second and third magazine of ammunition.

I'm glad the left remains ignorant (for the most part) of tactics and firearms capabilities.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Not when it is perpetrated against a law enforcement officer. That is a felony, and rightfully so.

link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
He will have to hire a really good expensive lawyer. ($$$$$$$) That's where it will hurt and he will learn his lesson.

I doubt he will see much time in reality, but he will think twice before he ever does this again.

It depends on his prior record.

What type of sentence you are given depends on that.
I don't know his record or how the sentencing schedule works in Arizona so that's why I went with the absolute minimum to the absolute maximum. He may not be able to work out a plea bargain or maybe he will go to trial saying he's not guilty?

Regardless, even if he gets the best possible situation (bails out soon, gets great legal team, gets charges brought down to something reasonable) - he's still ruined a few years of his life and it's gonna cost at least 50,000 $.

link   

That's right. It will also never change as long as there are people like some here that are cheering it on.

But boy listen to them cry foul when the machine rolls them up for some minor infraction. Then they want the whole world to stop because it's them now.

But it's not going to help them either because the machine has been allowed to get out of control already.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Not when it is perpetrated against a law enforcement officer. That is a felony, and rightfully so.

He KICKED A GAS CANISTER OMG!!!

What the hell???

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I understand your sympathy. I really do.

But, we can't have people lobbing stuff at our law enforcement officers. We just cannot let that get started.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Especially when they probably threw the gas can at the protesters- probably just returning the polices property

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Dude calm down, Jesus.

For one, the aggravated assault charge covers five different classes of felony. You can stop banging on like this guy is being charged like he waded in to the riot line with a hatchet. Unless you've been able to ascertain which class his charges fall in, anyway. Any assault on law enforcement in Arizona is automatically raised to aggravated assault. Along with assault on firefighters, EMTs, paramedics, etc.

Two, sending gas back at law enforcement meets the coded definition of aggravated assault against a police officer.

Now if it comes out that he's been charged with class two felonies? Yea, I'll be the first to agree that that's insane. But if he gets charged with class six felonies? I'm not going to cry over it. I would imagine that it'll get lowered to a misdemeanor assault, probably singular, and he won't spend much time, if any, locked up.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

That's right. It will also never change as long as there are people like some here that are cheering it on.

But boy listen to them cry foul when the machine rolls them up for some minor infraction. Then they want the whole world to stop because it's them now.

But it's not going to help them either because the machine has been allowed to get out of control already.

I just don't understand it.

These people are willing to sacrifice ALL OF THEIR BELIEFS just to see their political opponent suffer ??

They normally sound pretty reasonable until something like this happens and they are confronted with the reality and then they just go blank and agree like mindless robots??

This is how I know I'm mostly neutral in all of this.
Because I know this kid is now becoming a martyr to tyranny.

I normally lean to the right but this is simply unacceptable.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
, if you can't do the time, don't do the crime...dont do it...dont do it

You're dating yourself with the Barretta reference.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Dude calm down, Jesus.

For one, the aggravated assault charge covers five different classes of felony. You can stop banging on like this guy is being charged like he waded in to the riot line with a hatchet. Unless you've been able to ascertain which class his charges fall in, anyway. Any assault on law enforcement in Arizona is automatically raised to aggravated assault. Along with assault on firefighters, EMTs, paramedics, etc.

Two, sending gas back at law enforcement meets the coded definition of aggravated assault against a police officer.

Now if it comes out that he's been charged with class two felonies? Yea, I'll be the first to agree that that's insane. But if he gets charged with class six felonies? I'm not going to cry over it. I would imagine that it'll get lowered to a misdemeanor assault, probably singular, and he won't spend much time, if any, locked up.

We don't know if it'll get lowered.
We don't know what class they charged - but it's still felonies.
Felonies ruin lives. That means he can never vote in an election. He won't ever get a decent job. He will face stigma for his entire life over this? That's insane. These are clearly misdemeanors he's involved with, not felonies.

The police wear gas masks, the gas canister poses very little threat to them.
They were lobbing the canisters at their own neighbors to begin with.
They fire the canisters with a weapon, it's velocity could severely harm someone.
This kid kicked it back towards them, the velocity is almost certainly not going to harm a well armored policeman.

I agree we need law and order but this is lopsided and completely unfair in every way possible.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I understand your sympathy. I really do.

But, we can't have people lobbing stuff at our law enforcement officers. We just cannot let that get started.

He kicked it.
That's not even lobbing it.
Lobbing something is throwing it isn't it?

If you shot a gas canister at me what do you expect me to do?
There are only 3 possible choices:
1) Just inhale the gas.
2) Run blindly anywhere (can't see in the smoke).
3) Move the gas canister somewhere away.

Here's the actual definition of "Lob":
throw or hit (a ball or missile) in a high arc.
"he lobbed the ball over their heads"
synonyms: throw, toss, fling, pitch, hurl, pelt, sling, launch, propel; informal chuck, heave

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Yeah, it's gotten really bad. It seems so many are all too willing to give up every principle they have to watch someone else suffer. It's pretty sick actually. Like everyone has become sadists or something and only take pleasure in someones pain. Without any thought toward how it might effect them later on.

Everyone is just acting like a bunch of butt hurt little babies over everything. Privileged spoiled brats who are throwing tantrums wanting others to suffer because they feel they've suffered.

People are sick. Mentally sick. They've been worked over by years of propaganda and intense mental abuse from people in power, the media, etc.

This is what you get as a result and it's pretty horrifying actually. Very few people seem to have principles about anything anymore I've noticed. Everyone seems to think they're special and are owed something or that themselves and their ideas are all that matters. It's on all sides too. The only sane people are those in the middle and unfortunately they're all stuck between the radicals fighting with each other.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

The clash between protesters and police has spurred a call by the American Civil Liberties Union of Arizona for an investigation into whether Phoenix police officers protected the First Amendment rights of the protesters.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

"there were also a couple medium sized rocks on the ground. That seemed to be the reason for the tear gas."

Refusing to follow lawful orders from police and resorting to throwing (or kicking) dangerous objects is about the dumbest thing a person can do. It makes the sane among us discount their cause or any message they have and turns them from lawful protesters to common thugs.

Regardless of what the single party controlled ACLU has to say, the Constitution does not protect violent assembly or protest.

This guy knew what he was getting into and what kind of people he joined in with, so no reason for sympathy. He'll never do more than a day or three in jail though. Just a slap on the wrist I'm sure. Unless of course he's not entirely honest and he was also in on the rock throwing.

link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: muzzleflash
I can understand giving him a few misdemeanors but triple aggravated assault?
That's tyranny folks. 38 years max wow.
For kicking a gas canister? Really?

Now you know what to expect. Don't simply kick the gas canister and let them haul you off for free. If you're going to jail ... go bigly. Take as many of them with you as you possibly can. Heck ... you might as well organize a squad of guys while you're at it.

Imagine the absolute chaos of 8 or 10 violent protestors emerging organized from the crowd and firing AR-10s into the police line at near point-blank range. One could expect 50 or 60 cops to be down in the first few seconds of the fusillade. The numbers would be staggering if each protestor made it to a second and third magazine of ammunition.

I'm glad the left remains ignorant (for the most part) of tactics and firearms capabilities.

The weirdest thing about your post is that you used the word "fusillade".
I actually heard that word earlier today in a random way.
That's twice in one day.

Last time I heard that word?
Maybe 5 or 6 years ago.

Crazy synchronicity there!

link   

We don't know if

Exactly, so settle down.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Also the fact that he went online to brag about it.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
He'll never do more than a day or three in jail though. Just a slap on the wrist I'm sure. Unless of course he's not entirely honest and he was also in on the rock throwing.

So he bailed out of jail already?

Otherwise he'll sit there until this case is resolved.
That could be in 2018 or even as far as 2019.

That's before we even know if he's convicted of any crimes at all.

So I'll wager that he does way more than 3 days in jail.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join