It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlottesville Mayor Claims Police Chief Told Him ‘Stay Out of My Way’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Now the Mayor of Charlottsville Virginia is claiming he and the City Council were "TOLD" to stay out of the way.

He says the Police Chief said that !!

And all of a sudden we hear about some kind of "Plan" that was quashed.

? Wait What ?

|!! Sound like a conspiracy !!|

Charlottesville Mayor Claims Police Chief Told Him ‘Stay Out of My Way’

Charlottesville’s Mayor claimed Thursday that he and other members of the city council “were not given the security plan for August 12,” which was developed and closely held by the City Manager, the Police Chief, and the Fire Chief.
Mayor Mike Signer’s Facebook statement about city preparations in Charlottesville prior to the brawls between self-described white supremacists, white nationalists, and progressive street groups said:

I asked the Police Chief what I could do to be helpful during that day as Mayor, he answered, ‘Stay out of my way.’ Despite repeated requests, I was not allowed into the City’s Command Center (run by City staff) and was instead asked to be in the Emergency Operations Center (where fire, rescue, and other stakeholders were monitoring the situation).

|| [(O _ O)] ||

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Lame duck mayor?
The police answer to the mayor not the other way.

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Lame duck mayor?

More like someone finally got killed in all this protest/counter protest with police standing down nonsense that has been going on, and so everyone in a position of authority on whose watch it finally happened is in a rush to chuck someone else under the bus.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Police chief is totally wearing the pants in that relationship

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Lame duck mayor?

Actually in a Mayor-City Manager setup the Police answer to the city manager. Ive had an instance at one of my first agencies where the Mayor wanted info on a certain case and was told no.

Not defending what occurred but am pointing out why the Mayor could be told no.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Isn't the police chief usually controlled BY the mayor?

Movies tell me this is true.
edit on 25-8-2017 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

It depends.

Our police chief is controlled by the state, not the city. Something to do with corruption a while ago and control never reverted back.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Well, the good news is that it appears that the city council will be investigating this matter:

Charlottesville’s City Council will establish an independent review board to assess the city’s preparation and response to the Aug. 12 Unite the Right rally—a response generally understood to have been inadequate. The council made the decision to establish the review board during a closed session on Thursday.

Under the city’s charter, the mayor has no individual authority to make operational decisions, nor does the City Council. That’s left up to City Manager Maurice Jones.

Slate

So, apparently, like Xcathdra notes, the police chief answers to the city manager, not the mayor.

If they retain the services of either the police chief or the city manager after something like this, it would surprise me greatly...well, on one hand. On the other hand, it wouldn't in today's age of asininity.
edit on 25-8-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Not surprising really. My guess is the plan for the police response had been crafted by their FBI handlers to maximise violence, per the FBI plan with their embedded agents provacateur.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The only narrative I can see with this being a conspiracy is that someone went through a lot of trouble to make what happened there be far worse then what it was.

Granted a soul was lost may she rest in peace.

So someone wanted a fight. They knew there was nazis there. They filed for the protest months ago before it happened. I'm assuming there's paper work and waiting periods between mail. What a perfect mixture for chaos. White supremacist vs. politically insane. They wanted death to further the hate and division.

That's why that CNN panel failed so badly. They pushed to hard and people saw right through it.(thank god) They were wanting Trump to pick a side. He shunned both and they tried to flip it but his words were so to the point that there is no other way of looking at it. He was smart for a second and it caught them completely off guard.

The major thing they failed on though that runs with the op is that whom ever gave the order for police to stand down wanted bloodshed. They wanted it badly. When it wasn't happening they send a sedan in their own crowed to help further divide us but that's their major mistake was using a sedan.

Humans are thick and the clearance under a sedan isn't much. So with plowing into people to try and kill as many as possible is kind of impossible. If he used a van or truck. We would be having a much different conversation then what we have been these past couple of days.

I don't claim the above is true. Just a narrative to try and fit with what we have.

edit on 25-8-2017 by ConscienceZombie because: silly little typos

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

What irritates me is no one is showing any leadership.

These asses are busy blaming anything and everything and no one is standing up, taking ownership and being a leader.

I've seen more god-damned backbone in jellyfish than I have out of current leadership on this issue.

Own it.
Fix it.

[snipped]

edit on Fri Aug 25 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Imagine being so spooked...

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I'm sure that mayors have not been told details of criminal investigations. That makes sense.
But this was the chief not filling the mayor in on how they want to handle possible riots.
Can't imagine a mayor putting up with that.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Not surprising really. My guess is the plan for the police response had been crafted by their FBI handlers to maximise violence, per the FBI plan with their embedded agents provacateur.

Ahhhh HA !!

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
At the last City council meeting residents of Charlottesville went bonkers on the city government for what occurred. Charlottesville as was ground zero for the "resistance" movement to TRump. The Governor of Virginia got caught lying to media outlets, twice, about charlottesville -
1. State police were outgunned (State police said they werent).
2 - Weapons caches were found around the city (there werent any).

Finally this little gem just popped up -

BUSTED: Unite The Right’s, Jason Kessler, Was Paid By CNN

Apparently Kessler worked for CNN in the past.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Read this post - www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Wasn't this the state police chief? I may be wrong. If so, he answers to the governor right? If so, what was the governors position on forcing people out of a legal rally into a violent crowd?
edit on 25-8-2017 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

So let's dig him up.

THE CITY MANAGER

1. Does he have any corruption in his past?

2. Does he have a price?

3. Who would benefit the most if he was bought off?

4. Is he being blackmailed?

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Yeah, already did.
Still doesn't explain why the cops didn't fill in the mayor. He couldn't change anything but he should know what's going on.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

"a response generally understood to have been inadequate. " I have a feeling that if they are truth seekers, inadequate wont be the word used. The police directly violated a ruling by a judge that solidified this rally as legit. To have the police claim it's not and than release these people into violent crows while backing off, that's intentional. These police also have the blood of the dead woman on their hands.
edit on 25-8-2017 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join