It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Charlottesville Mayor Claims Police Chief Told Him ‘Stay Out of My Way’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

That's funny.

Because the list of reasons the city gave for revoking the UTR permit to protest/rally/whatever contained a bunch of things law enforcement said/did that Kessler was able to show law enforcement never said/did.

So weird how the politicians keep trying to point the finger at law enforcement and keep getting caught in their lies....

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

A rally permitted to happen is always legit until it turns violent/destructive and crosses the line from lawful protest to unlawful protest/gathering. The judge that you cite only ruled that the protest could remain at the original location after the City tried to get the location moved because of the expected size of the event--the judge said that it could remain, but had nothing to say about its legitimacy, as that's not the issue that was brought to him/her.

The police claimed that the assembly was illegal around 11:35am, over an hour after the first violence broke out. Violence makes/can make the assembly illegal, and the right to protest only exists if it is done peacefully. It is the job of the police to enforce laws, not ignore them just in case things unfortunately get out of control and people are injured or die after the fact...those actions are on the people who do them, because the police didn't force these jackasses on both sides to act like ignorant, uncivilized animals, and the police certainly didn't tell someone to get in their car and mow down people in the streets on behalf of white supremacy.

I do, however, harbor pretty substantiated concerns that the handling of this incident was woefully negligent, if not possibly criminally so. The city should have erred on the side of caution from the start and had well more security there than deemed necessary, and had a much better plan of forcing protestors to exit through crowds of counter protestors and not expect violence or other stupidity to ensue. Whether or not there's a deeper conspiracy about how that went down...that remains to be seen, but disappointingly, I'm open to that possibility, given today's stupid political climate.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Nah, not interested in a witch hunt.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I can see where you are coming from with the last paragraph and I agree. The rest, I am unsure because (obviously) I am not entirely informed on the situation. One thing that comes to mind though, was the violence only outside the event? If so, they could have just cleared the streets and let the event continue. Instead of funneling them into it. You say violence happened before hand, I wont disagree because I have to look it up. If so, it makes the decision of dispersion (especially this way) very questionable. Even though it is questionable regardless.
edit on 25-8-2017 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Sniff sniff....I smell a lawsuit.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   

So...he told them to stand down, and is now claiming he "wasn't allowed" to be involved??

The whole situation there is looking more and more planned.

posted on Aug, 26 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Isn't the police chief usually controlled BY the mayor?

Movies tell me this is true.
depends on what form of government. My city the mayor is the equal of the city council not the head of it.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
mayor and Chief are both Masons.

Founder of Klan who inspired Charlottesville torch rally. Mason.

Useful idiot Jason Kessler organizer of prowhite Charlottesville torch rally. Voted for Obama. Attended Occupy marches.

My eyes just rolled out of my head

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Nice grip
edit on 28-8-2017 by AndrewL because: Image

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
“I can’t think of any occupation that I admire more than the professional provocateur, who has the courage & self-determination to court controversy despite all slings & arrows of the world.”

Jason Kessler, 2015

top topics

<< 1   >>

join