It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bitcoin and blockchain technology, a revolution happening right under everyones nose.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
ftreporter.com...

initially i was responding to this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... but my post seems big enough for its own subject.

there's a reason blockchain technology is frequently called revolutionary. it is changing the world.

“You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― R. Buckminster Fuller.

blockchain technology makes anything it integrates with superior to any similar system that doesnt have it. as such governments are taking notice that to survive the new system they must integrate with it and they are beginning to do so.

bitnewsbot.com...
cointelegraph.com...
www.economist.com...
www.govtech.com...
www.enterpriseinnovation.net...
www.fedscoop.com...
www.coindesk.com...
www.dlt.com...
www.coindesk.com...
www.cryptocoinsnews.com...
www.zerohedge.com...
cryptoinsider.com...
russia-insider.com...
www.coindesk.com...
www.bloomberg.com...
fortune.com...
www.cnbc.com...
www.cryptocoinsnews.com...
www.coindesk.com...
palmbeachgroup.com...
hedgeaccordingly.com...
futurism.com...

i understand no one wants to read all these links, the summary is, multiple governments/major companies are embracing blockchain technologies, all the systems we use today are now and will continue to integrate with blockchains in someway, there is such recognition that this change cant and shouldn't be stopped that it has no force opposing it.

blockchain technology is truly a perfect example of a new system so well outperforming an old system so as to render the current system obsolete and force change.

really the biggest set back blockchain adoption has is its lack of pr. the mainstream media seems to regard it as something to ignore, only reporting on a rare story about a single individuals quick get rich success, as if to paint the whole thing as for amateur ignorant investors alone, as if the whole concept is just a trivial novelty soon to die off. well it is anything but.

slowly but surely, (with or without the msm's help) blockchain tech is getting the word of mouth it needs to launch its growth to the stars.

There are now more Google searches for Bitcoin than for Beyoncé. It's not just bankers and techno-nerds buying up this "digital gold," hoping to sell them for more later, but flight attendants, ironworkers, and small business owners.

www.nbcnews.com...

soon it will be realized by the common man, that the time to enter blockchain tech is not over, in fact it is only just beginning and will not end until it has taken over everything like the borg, eventually the common man wont consider getting into blockchain any longer because they will all already be in it in one way or another.

while i can understand how frightening it can be to hear the worlds systems are integrating in ways never dreamed of before, into more massive more efficient machines, these new systems offer more transparency then ever before, they decentralize control, power and profit in new ways never done before. how could this tech be used for evil? surely if theres a way someone with the will is going to attempt it.

so what do you ats members think about this sudden yet surprisingly subtle though massive change to the worlds systems?

anyone have any crypto currency success stories?

edit on 24-8-2017 by NobodiesNormal because: fixed a link

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I had a college friend who sent me a JavaScript bitcoin miner that could mine 10 bitcoins a second. Unfortunately, it was just a locally running script that looked like a fast bitcoin miner. If it had been really working, with each bitcoin worth $500 that bit of software would be earning $5000/minute.

The hashcode for any bitcoin is so large that to find one by chance on a current desktop PC would take millions of years. Even a custom bitcoin mining piece of hardware.

Mining a new bitcoin is like trying to find a valid Youtube video hashcode just by typing in letters at random. There are 2^64 possibilities with only 2^32 videos created so far. A desktop PC is lucky to earn $2/day.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Mining Bitcoins is the reason why graphics cards, lower high end, are still so expensive. The algorithm also gets harder to crack each time you mine one. People running them 24 hours a day.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Eat em up, yum.

Currently have investments in three "alt" coins- should probably buy some Bitcoin too.

Some days I see dozens of coins go up in value, and all I can see is my biggest investment going down- USD.
Sizable chunk in the bank at the moment, and it's a mistake.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Revolution or bubble?

I have been watching a specific coin with a volume of 50 million a day.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I've been following cryptocurrency news for a few months now. It really is exciting. Blockchain is like the invention of the internet all over again, it's exploding worldwide. Governments and companies everywhere are racing to integrate it.
Cryptocurrencies are going to be the future of global finance, guaranteed. You can already get debit cards linked to your cryptocurrency wallets and pay for anything anywhere with those.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
Revolution or bubble?

I have been watching a specific coin with a volume of 50 million a day.

Binance? Why?
The underlying technology though is absolutely a technological revolution. Major world players are all over it - Microsoft, banks, entire governments... It's happening. Most of the P&D coins are going to die off, but the big names like Bitcoin, Ether, etc are absolutely here to stay.

link   

originally posted by: trollz
I've been following cryptocurrency news for a few months now. It really is exciting. Blockchain is like the invention of the internet all over again, it's exploding worldwide. Governments and companies everywhere are racing to integrate it.
Cryptocurrencies are going to be the future of global finance, guaranteed. You can already get debit cards linked to your cryptocurrency wallets and pay for anything anywhere with those.

I caught wind of Bitcoin at .04 a coin back in maybe 2009 on ATS.

Wishing I had dumped that $100 into it I was thinking about dumping.

link   
a reply to: trollz

I'll tell you which one after I buy enough of it. Don't want to spread the word to early.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Yes, i use bitcoin minor to mine satoshis. I own bitcoin now and invested some of my retirement into bitcoin aswell. I also am invested in SING. Its a company called singlepoint who deals with weed and bitcoin. Theyre shares are only .07 cents a share, they opened a week ago, id suggest investing in them. Weed and cryptocurrency has only one way to go and that is up. Litecoin and especially Ethereum are two other cryptocurrencies to look for. Theres an app you can download called coinbase to buy all three of those currencies as well. Very legit, i was skeptic at first but it definitely works, only down side is you can only buy $150 in bitcoin a week when one bitcoin is $4300 right now.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Blockchain in some form will run the USA and world currencies at some point. These cryptocurrencies are just a testing ground and will end up at their intrinsic value which is zero. Are people still paying money for additional credits in MyLife and the such?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bwomp83
Yes, i use bitcoin minor to mine satoshis. I own bitcoin now and invested some of my retirement into bitcoin aswell. I also am invested in SING. Its a company called singlepoint who deals with weed and bitcoin. Theyre shares are only .07 cents a share, they opened a week ago, id suggest investing in them. Weed and cryptocurrency has only one way to go and that is up. Litecoin and especially Ethereum are two other cryptocurrencies to look for. Theres an app you can download called coinbase to buy all three of those currencies as well. Very legit, i was skeptic at first but it definitely works, only down side is you can only buy $150 in bitcoin a week when one bitcoin is $4300 right now.

Coinbase's buy limit is $10,000 per week, not $150.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical
Blockchain in some form will run the USA and world currencies at some point. These cryptocurrencies are just a testing ground and will end up at their intrinsic value which is zero. Are people still paying money for additional credits in MyLife and the such?

Thats your theory, i wouldnt base that as fact. Nobody knows the future... well, maybe cern or those quantum comps but anywho. It is considered a risky investment. But if you ever want a chance at wealth you need to take risks, nobody has ever gotten rich off a 401k

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Coinbase's buy limit is $10,000 per week, not $150.

Hmmmm, its only allowing me $150 a week on bitcoin. I havent tried ether or litecoin

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

bitcoin may not have much intrinsic value, but it still has more then any fiat currency.
but then ethereum definitely does have intrinsic value, due to its smart contracts technology.

neither will ever hit zero.

i do think bitcoin will drop though, its true value will probably be in the hundreds eventually, after all the bitcoin whales (terminology refers to wealthy investors who hold hundreds of thousands even millions in bitcoin on their own.) realize how much better ethereum is, they'll all switch soon enough...
edit on 24-8-2017 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Hmmmm, its only allowing me $150 a week on bitcoin. I havent tried ether or litecoin

i believe your allowance depends on payment method (card/bank transfer) and also your verification level in your account security settings.
edit on 24-8-2017 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

That's because you're buying with a credit card. I'm pretty sure the $150 limit is to avoid credit card crime. Coinbase lets you link your checking account and buy directly from that. You can also transfer USD to Coinbase up to $10k per week and buy with that as well. It looks like you can actually increase it higher than $10k per week.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

That's because you're buying with a credit card. I'm pretty sure the $150 limit is to avoid credit card crime. Coinbase lets you link your checking account and buy directly from that. You can also transfer USD to Coinbase up to $10k per week and buy with that as well. It looks like you can actually increase it higher than $10k per week.

Oh nice! Thanks

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

How are you going to pay me bitcoin for welding structural beams for a skyscraper?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: NobodiesNormal

How are you going to pay me bitcoin for welding structural beams for a skyscraper?

Electronically like "almost" every other transaction done these days. It'll be on your debit card. Youll get .000000789 bitcoins thank you

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join