It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Droopy Drawers Bill seeks end to Overexposure of Underwear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Live in Virginia; wear low riding pants? You might want to consider buying a new belt to keep them up. The Virginia House of Delegates has passed a bill authorizing a $50 fine for anyone who displays his or her underpants in a "lewd or indecent manner."

washingtontimes.com
Virginia lawmakers to the state's youth: Pull up your pants or pay the price.

Delegate Algie T. Howell Jr. doesn't want to see underwear hanging out of the back of your pants, and most lawmakers yesterday agreed with him. The House voted 60-34 for his bill, which would impose a $50 fine on anyone whose boxers, briefs or thongs peek above their pants or skirts.

"It's not an attack on baggy pants," said Mr. Howell, Norfolk Democrat. "To vote for this bill would be a vote for character, to uplift your community and to do something good not only for the state of Virginia, but for this entire country."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This has to be one of the dumbest pieces of legislation I have ever seen. I think this freshman senator is just trying to make a name for himself or perhaps he wants to show people what a fool he is. Who knows?

Warning to all Virginia Plumbers, Carpenters and Electricians; better go into hiding now.

Related News Links:
www.earthtimes.org

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I just saw this on another website....

Absolutely incredible! Now the local gov't will dictate our fashion styles and fads?

I can't stand it myself when I have to see some kid's heart stamped boxers b/c he doesn't want to wear his pants like they're made to be worn, but I'm not gonna tell him he should stop doing it....

Is there some medical reason behind this? Does it cause a low sperm count or something?

If we're so shallow as to think that one's fashion dictates the moral fabric of a community, then we've rapidly progressed to the shallow end of the pool....

[edit on 2/16/2005 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   

then we've rapidly progressed to the shallow end of the pool....

Worse than that, we've got out of the pool and took a shower

Who cares what people wear, its their life not the Governments.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
So the government protects corporations who screw communities and contaminate the environment - and is trying to stop people from filing civil suits - but the government can tell ordinary people how to dress...?

Is there a plan here?

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
so much for virgina beach. those nazis better enforce it too.that law is so full of # its amazing. i would just wear gym shorts instead and sport an obnoxious droop just to be extra beligerant.

the fine for plumbers crack must be hard time then...

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
I Thought This Was An Article About Bill Clinton

I'm sorry, I really am not into name-calling, but I swear, I thought this thread was about Bill Clinton based on the headline.

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
UPDATE...Senate committee voted unanimously against bill....

Free Your Boxers

EDIT: Fixed Link

[edit on 2/16/2005 by swintersVT]

posted on Feb, 16 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   

He [Democratic Delegate Algie T. Howell] has said the constituents included customers at his barber shop who were offended by exposed underwear.
www.cnn.com...

On the flip side, a least this proves there are a few politicians out there who listen to the people....now if we could only infuse some common sense into such representatives...

new topics

top topics

join