It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In your opinion: when should you talk about gender/sexuality to kids?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

In your opinion: when should you talk about gender/sexuality to kids?

Straight after I talk about politics and social engineering & when I gather the following 61 humans in one room so that they are present to point out all the mistakes I make during 'my talk' - this is because I am a masculine heterosexual man and therefore the least educated about vagina, penis and brain and identity....

Masculine Homosexual Man
Masculine Bisexual Man
Feminine Homosexual Man
Feminine Heterosexual Man
Feminine Bisexual Man
Androgine Homosexual Man
Androgine Heterosexual Man
Androgine Bisexual Man
Masculine Heterosexual Woman
Masculine Homosexual Woman
Masculine Bisexual Woman
Feminine Homosexual Woman
Feminine Bisexual Woman
Androgine Heterosexual Woman
Androgine Homosexual Woman
Androgine Bisexual Woman
Masculine Homosexual Andromale
Masculine Heterosexual Androfemale
Masculine Male-Attracted Androdite
Masculine Male-Attracted Hermaphromale
Masculine Male-Attracted Hermaphrofemale
Masculine Heterosexual Andromale
Masculine Homosexual Androfemale
Masculine Female-Attracted Androdite
Masculine Female-Attracted Hermaphromale
Masculine Female-Attracted Hermaphrofemale
Masculine Bisexual Andromale
Masculine Bisexual Androfemale
Masculine Bisexual Androdite
Masculine Bisexual Hermaphromale
Masculine Bisexual Hermaphrofemale
Feminine Homosexual Andromale
Feminine Heterosexual Androfemale
Feminine Male-Attracted Androdite
Feminine Male-Attracted Hermaphromale
Feminine Male-Attracted Hermaphrofemale
Feminine Heterosexual Andromale
Feminine Homosexual Androfemale
Feminine Female-Attracted Androdite
Feminine Female-Attracted Hermaphromale
Feminine Female-Attracted Hermaphrofemale
Feminine Bisexual Andromale
Feminine Bisexual Androfemale
Feminine Bisexual Androdite
Feminine Bisexual Hermaphromale
Feminine Bisexual Hermaphrofemale
Androgine Homosexual Andromale
Androgine Heterosexual Androfemale
Androgine Male-Attracted Androdite
Androgine Male-Attracted Hermaphromale
Androgine Male-Attracted Hermaphrofemale
Androgine Heterosexual Andromale
Androgine Homosexual Androfemale
Androgine Female-Attracted Androdite
Androgine Female-Attracted Hermaphromale
Androgine Female-Attracted Hermaphrofemale
Androgine Bisexual Andromale
Androgine Bisexual Androfemale
Androgine Bisexual Androdite
Androgine Bisexual Hermaphromale
Androgine Bisexual Hermaphrofemale

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

the truth is the better parts of yourself.
and only tell them what you know. keep your opinions to yourself. lay a good foundation for them. then let them build.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
the thread I remember was with a 5 year old in Kindergarten. I think that is way too young. And if a 5 year old is asking those kind of questions, his/her home life might need to be looked at a bit. 5 year olds generally aren't worried about much more than Bert and Ernie. Their sexual preference seems a bit too advanced for that age. (IMHO)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
You know what I want to know?
What happens when teachers are teaching these 5-year-olds about sex and one of those 5-year-olds decides they're attracted to adults? Will that child be praised for bravery for standing up to "sexual norms"?
Some people said that once homosexuality is normalized and pushed on society, the children would be next. We already have teachers teaching little boys that they can be girls if they want (and vice versa), and children being praised for dressing in drag. Soon it won't only be about gender, it'll be about age too.

Mark my words, it's only a matter of time until people start promoting pedophilia to children under the guise of political correctness and freedom of attraction.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

There's no evidence that it does exist outside of a mental disorder, except for people feeling that it might.

The answer is that no one but the parents have any business teaching sexuality to kids before puberty.

Jaden

Also, even after puberty, no pin should be discussing anything sexual with kids that ours not biological in nature.

There should be no discussing homosexuality, transgenderism etc.
edit on 24-8-2017 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I think before anything is said to the children the parents want schooling about not pushing their children into any gender because it's that that's the deciding factor in a lot of cases.
Now young children have no idea of their gender till it's pointed out to them and not by their peers. Young children do not even know the term "transgendered" until it's put in their mind by one who does and most likely by their parents.
There are also parents that have say a boy but wanted a girl, so they push the gender swap agenda. You've all seen it, boys made to play with dolls and girls made to play with guns, toys that is.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden

There should be no discussing homosexuality, transgenderism etc.

yeah but uhm...that's been tried before. yet here we are.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The fact that we are even discussing this is ridiculous.

You are giving them a path to failure that isn't there.

I cant think of a more damaging thing to teach children.

We need to purge the liberals from the education system, and at this rate the political system.

They might as well teach the best suicide methods,

This sounds like some Gates.gov population control scheme headed by freaks, introduced by
psycho Obama's anti bullying and toilet campaign.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I suppose the same as Angel. When my child asks me then will be the time to talk about it. Depending on their age at that time though, it might mean certain areas aren't covered as well as you would with an adult.
The op the other day about a teacher bringing it up in kindergarten is to soon. Most kids can't tell you there age let alone what gender they are. I'd imagine it'd be very confusing for them.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

the thread I remember was with a 5 year old in Kindergarten. I think that is way too young. And if a 5 year old is asking those kind of questions, his/her home life might need to be looked at a bit. 5 year olds generally aren't worried about much more than Bert and Ernie. Their sexual preference seems a bit too advanced for that age. (IMHO)

when i was a five year old girl i knew i had crushes on other boys and other girls. i didn't feel i could ask my mom about it, because a few months earlier i had started to float the notion that i didn't seem to fit what everyone thought was normal. i told her 'sometimes i feel like a boy' and she panicked, blamed it on mad magazine (?????) and cut the conversation off.

so no, five is not too early for a kid to start noticing these things. kids are not entirely innocent. they know what romance is, or is supposed to be. and there was nothing wrong with my home life that would warrant a looking into, either.

i would have been vastly reassured at that age to hear that everyone didn't fit into the general mold, but that wasn't happening in my small town.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Never. Maybe a few small things here and then, but we should avoid all of it until they become adolescents and notice that they may be curious
edit on 24-8-2017 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kuroodo
Never. Maybe a few small things here and then, but we should avoid all of it until they become adolescents and notice that they may be curious

by the time you notice they may be curious, they may have already decided you're not the right person to talk to about it.

i'm just sayin...

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Never. It is a passing political fad.

Did you talk to your kids about bra burning? The DOD Prisoner of War Camp #344 still active today in the US?

Talk to your children less about them and more about their relationship with others.

Too much self-centered "me-ism" in our children.

Humanism has nothing to do with reproductive organs or the way you dress or even which bathroom you "identify" with.
It has everything to do with where your heart is...helping humanity to raise to be service to others and stop this insane service to self.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I certainly would not mention the word "gender" either. I know, nowadays it´s racist hate-speak to tell your children there are boys and girls but I´d still do it.

They will find out soon enough about the other things. My god I can´t imagine the tip-toeing the majority of parents have to go through in a decade or so.

No need to teach "queer kids stuff" (look it up on yt). Really, when I saw that, I felt extremly enraged. Not because she´s whatever callsign she decided to be or that she´s trying to educate about the topic but this show is aimed at small kids. The parents that sit their children in front of that should be looked into. Responsible behavior and all that. Pure brainwashing, this person is so creepy

Let kids be kids again!

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

And what do you mean by gender?

you don't know what gender is?

The distinction between sex and gender differentiates sex (the anatomy of an individual's reproductive system, and secondary sex characteristics) from gender, which can refer to either social roles based on the sex of the person (gender role) or personal identification of one's own gender based on an internal awareness

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Just because 1 or 2 out of 100 could be like you felt, 99 other children should be bothered and sometimes confused* with that? I´d call that disproportionate to the extreme.

No offense, just like to hear your thought on that.

*in the sense of, they probably are already confused by the topic alone, NOT confused in the sense of "overturned" or something like that. I feel something like this will come up if I do not write this disclaimer. Not necessary from you.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

15, unless they bring it up first. For goodness sakes, 5 years old is just stealing their innocence.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

It depends on the kid. Parents make that call.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Hm, hard to say. I grew up around some of my mom's homosexual and trans friends. It never seemed weird or odd to me. It never made me question anything. It just made sense to me there's more variety, so what?

I learned in a few classes that it's not so much what you say to a child that confuses them, but how. I find this to be true. It's all in tone and context.

If you sit there and scream at them things like "Being ____ is wrong!" Yeah they're going to be super confused and this attitude stays with them their whole lives.

If you just casually say, "Hey this is my friend and he likes other men, his name is ____. Shake his hand and say nice to meet you."

Well that puts the child's mind at ease and that attitude will probably stay with them the rest of their lives.

I don't have children, but I know what worked and didn't work for me. Telling me stuff with angry tones, yelling, or threats didn't really work for me.

I was probably around 4 or 5 and it didn't scar me and it didn't confuse me and it didn't make me gay or whatever etc.

edit on 24-8-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

The fact that we are even discussing this is ridiculous.

You are giving them a path to failure that isn't there.

I cant think of a more damaging thing to teach children.

We need to purge the liberals from the education system, and at this rate the political system.

They might as well teach the best suicide methods,

This sounds like some Gates.gov population control scheme headed by freaks, introduced by
psycho Obama's anti bullying and toilet campaign.

As parents you must rise to the occasion. It's the world we live in. I hope your children don't have to live in a world where you are teaching them to hate something, just because you don't understand it.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join