It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Are Living In A Simulation - New Evidence

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

Double slit experiment.... superposition of posibilities and collapse of wavefunction....

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: frenchfries

I don't understand how you can think this way. At the smallest points of measurement reality is ambiguously a wave and a point. There's just as much evidence reality is analog as there is evidence it is digital.

By interpolation based on history of measurement, I would argue reality will always be one step beyond our full comprehension. In my opinion, you could make the claim God is the force in the Universe that keeps our full understanding of nature just one step beyond our comprehension.

It just seems to me reality always turns out to be so much stranger than anything we could have ever imagined.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I did not see how the speed of light emerges from the 8d crystal theory.

No new proof of simulated universe, they infer that from the double slit experiment.

Looking at all the universe at once, the shape would be a cone, not a block. The beginning and end are clear, moving backwards in time violates 2nd law of thermodynamics.

A lattice needs light to cast a shadow. What is passing through the 8d crystal to produce space-time?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
I'm not sure I find this video convincing, but I do think "The Matrix" is far more real than most people give it credit for.

"The Matrix" may be real, but just as a thought construct of delusion about politics and humanity.

btw, who's the old lady choking you with the naked boob in your avatar pic?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: ItsNotIronic

Do you think the many worlds theory of quantum mechanics, if true, would disprove the idea of a simulation?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

You say it IS a wave and a point ? Well it becomes a state after measuring that's different.

But understood , so reality can not be defined ... so don't think that way well huh no !

So what is it ? I bet on simulation by an very advanced 'race'. Point is it that these scientist are at least trying to develop a TOE. And make sense of quantum mechanica and gravity.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Free will is a myth.

Any complicated enough algorithm eventually becomes indistinguishable to free will, however it's not.

So there is plenty of evidence everything you do is calculated, however there is almost none that suggests these calculations are 'controllable'.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Well this world is strange , who can say what really happened... cherish what means the most to you , thanking your Dad has a nice ring to it.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

I loved your entire post here.
Amazing to ponder on.

The last part really resonated with me. The synchronicities man! They are everywhere and sometimes so obscure it literally makes me just sit down and think about all this stuff for a few minutes.

There is definitely something to synchronicities no doubt in my mind. I see them as like an ever maddening 'hint' to the answers of these things. Why? Just why? Its life cheese dangling in front of a mouse on a conveyor.
edit on 23-8-2017 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I like considering this type of thing.

But I also like to believe I create my own reality as I go along with my words and thoughts.

One of my favorite movie quotes: "Sometimes it seems like nothing exists until we get there, until we put our eyes on it. Like the whole world was manufactured for our wants and needs. Like if I just turn my head for just a minute, does everything just stop? just shut down? go into some energy saving hibernation mode, until I choose to reactive it simply by looking at it?"

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skorpiogurl
I like considering this type of thing.

But I also like to believe I create my own reality as I go along with my words and thoughts.

One of my favorite movie quotes: "Sometimes it seems like nothing exists until we get there, until we put our eyes on it. Like the whole world was manufactured for our wants and needs. Like if I just turn my head for just a minute, does everything just stop? just shut down? go into some energy saving hibernation mode, until I choose to reactive it simply by looking at it?"

But when you approach a corner yet know what is round it although you are blind!

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

How do you mean blind?

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

I imagine our lack of understanding lies with the fact that 95-96% of what comprises the rest of our universe is still as of yet undetectable/immeasurable aka the dark matter and energy.

As to what we understand or are capable of measuring well if science, AI, and astronomy keep advancing at the pace and direction in which they seem to be headed at some point there is going to be an exponential leap in our understanding of the reality we seem to experience and how our consciousness emerges and/or interacts with the universe.

Keep in mind that science is simply the best guess we have based on the information we have available at the time hence the reason our theories and suppositions change over time as new and more accurate measurement and information become available.
edit on 23-8-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

That makes sense to some degree considering if we were ever to come in to possession to the answers to some of the as of yet seemingly unanswerable conundrums regarding reality and/or our place in the universe it may very well change our ideologies and perception in ways we could never imagine.

And not necessarily in a good way because without the mystery that surrounds our existence in this dimension and reality Humanity may very well find itself without a goal hence stagnant and die out.

The old saying springs to mind "We should be careful what we wish for".

End of the day we should be happy that science posses far more interesting questions than it ever seems to answer.
edit on 23-8-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
I'm not sure I find this video convincing, but I do think "The Matrix" is far more real than most people give it credit for.

So you watched a 30 minute video in 6 minutes?

Right...

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Once we are able to measure at the individual Planck unit we may indeed be able to determine whether or not our universe in holographic by nature.

The technologies to achieve such a feat are possible only 5-10 years distant.

Current leading edge mathematics and physics do indeed seem to suggest the holographic principle holds weight.

This short YouTube video touches on some interesting questions pertaining to the subject.

Here's another on topic video by the same youtuber

Do we have free will:

He does have a unique and entertaining way of offering this information up in layman's terms.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Yes learning digital universe. Probably doesn't need outside guidance if it ever did. The internet is the biggest source or sauce if you will if the updated, hence Me.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Plato's Cave... hmmm that's basically the same Idea as a simulation.

No, its not. The real world is outside the cave.

Both are real, but the real world is not illusion, i.e., shadow play on cave walls. Thats represented by TV, Movies, Computer screens.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Actually, you may want to do your research on that.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
AND GUESS WHAT!!!!

We are not only living in a simulation, but we have an influence on the matrix. Every human being more or less is influencing the matrix. 99.9% of the people unconsciously but the number of people that are changing the world around them is growing!!!

Can't wait next 10 years to see how many people will see that they have the power to impact the world around them!!!

We are more powerful than we think.

I have one single question to the people that believe that we are living in the simulation:
WHAT ARE YOU GONE DO ABOUT IT???

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join