It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Eclipse Is Racist – According to the Atlantic

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I don't need to read anyone's post, I read the piece from The Atlantic and the comments the in the OP.

The difference I think here is that I don't see the Atlantic piece as clever, but merely another absurd attempt to twist everything into a racial issue. Race, race, race race raaaaaaace. They can't get enough of bringing it up.

They have literally taken a solar eclipse and made it about race. That is really, really scraping the barrel.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   

I think it's important that we all keep or heads on our shoulders.

well that didn't come out right did it.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: GusMcDangerthing

I don't need to read anyone's post, I read the piece from The Atlantic and the comments the in the OP.

The difference I think here is that I don't see the Atlantic piece as clever, but merely another absurd attempt to twist everything into a racial issue. Race, race, race race raaaaaaace. They can't get enough of bringing it up.

They have literally taken a solar eclipse and made it about race. That is really, really scraping the barrel.

Then don't read it. Simple.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I think it's important that we all keep or heads on our shoulders.

well that didn't come out right did it.

You have no head on your shoulder for sure.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

That isn't how this works. Oh, and since I'm not a completely mentally incapacitated liberal, I don't make silly attempts to pretend things don't exist. It's easier to acknowledge it and point out how absurd it is.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   

That isn't how this works. Oh, and since I'm not a completely mentally incapacitated liberal, I don't make silly attempts to pretend things don't exist. It's easier to acknowledge it and point out how absurd it is.

Like how I acknowledge it and point out how absurd the article linked in the OP is?
Different perceptive I guess.

By now you should know the OP has been scraping the bottom of the barrel for so long we have been jaded to his tactics.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Sure, why not.

The thing with the left wing is that these days you can say almost anything about them and people will believe it because of past and current behavior.

This should be food for thought for them, but it won't be.Most of them lack the capacity to learn.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Sure, why not.

The thing with the left wing is that these days you can say almost anything about them and people will believe it because of past and current behavior.

This should be food for thought for them, but it won't be.Most of them lack the capacity to learn.

Yeah we can say the same thing about the right wing.
Something all of us can learn.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   

The difference is at least the right wing isn't hysterical and out of touch with the public.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That was not a bright article

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 06:24 AM
link   

The difference is at least the right wing isn't hysterical and out of touch with the public.

The white supremacists, Nazis, the Alt-Right, Westboro Baptist Church, Fundies and the like aren't out of touch?

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Quick !! Quick !!

Some one tell antifa, they need to know where they are really needed for a march. They should hold a demonstration and let the sun become aware of their displeasure. I am sure they can get everything straightened out. If not they might have to try beating the sun into submission.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: whistleblowernow

But it was enlightening though.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind

Quick !! Quick !!

Some one tell antifa, they need to know where they are really needed for a march. They should hold a demonstration and let the sun become aware of their displeasure. I am sure they can get everything straightened out. If not they might have to try beating the sun into submission.

They would do better if they boycott the Sun because the Sun causes global warming.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: whistleblowernow

But it was enlightening though.

Not enlightened enough for your head on your shoulder.

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Only a liberal could have taken a solar eclipse and twisted it into that idiotic travesty of writing, about race.

OK, and how exactly would you define somebody who takes the article literally? Please, you've opened up an interesting discussion here and we'd really appreciate your insight on this.

posted on Aug, 23 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   

The white supremacists, Nazis, the Alt-Right, Westboro Baptist Church, Fundies and the like aren't out of touch?

You conflate the alt-right with Nazi, Westboro Baptist Church etc and thus declare your complete lack of understanding of what the alt-right even is.

Not to be condescending, but you need to go back to basics and look at who and what these people are and then come back to the discussion.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join