It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boston Mayor says stay away from The Commons on Saturday

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The Boston Mayor has made it CLEAR that going near a planned "free speech" rally is verbotten.

The Nazis are going to "demonstrate" at The Commons Saturday.

The Mayor says the Southern Poverty Law Center has given advice on how to handle White Supremacy Groups.

The best thing to do is "Not Confront" them because it gives them attention.

Let's see if the activist groups will listen.

‘Stay Away From The Common’ During Boston Free Speech Rally, Walsh Urges

Boston Mayor Marty Walsh is urging people to stay away from a planned Free Speech Rally scheduled for Saturday on Boston Common.

Walsh made the comments Friday as he discussed security for the event alongside Boston Police Commissioner William Evans and Gov. Charlie Baker.

The mayor said he has spoken with the Southern Poverty Law Center for guidance on how to handle events involving white supremacists.

“They say that interacting with these groups just gives them a platform to spread their message of hate,” said Walsh. “They recommend that people should not confront these rallies. So we’re urging everyone to stay away from the Common.”

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

It is true I suppose. Hundreds of people were protesting the NDak pipeline, there were skirmishes, violence, and arrests. Yet MSM never mentioned it. It went on for months! I suppose the corporate masters and leaders of division didn't give the okay to cover it.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

We grew up on Spy vs. Spy. Now the cartoon is Troll vs. Troll.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

A voice of reason?

Seems off to me.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

We grew up on Spy vs. Spy. Now the cartoon is Troll vs. Troll.

Moose and Squirrel.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

ignoring them is the best weapon against this ideology. let them realize no one gives two squirts of piss about their 'cause'.

their self-esteem hopefully will crumble, and their dreams shattered into shards of shattered dreams...

fak'em , but live and let live.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Did anyone tell Soros?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Sounds like one of those "no-go zones".
I've heard of those somewhere, for some reason....hmmmm....

Strange days

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
There is no way there is not going to be some kind of counter protester group confronting them.

There will probably be another Charlottesville type event.

Here's what one of the counter protesters had to say about staying away (from your OP article):

Monica Cannon, founder of a group called Violence In Boston that is among the sponsors of the Fight Supremacy counter-protest, held a press conference on Friday.

“I’m a black woman living in Roxbury. I don’t have the privilege of ignoring this problem,” she said. “For many years I feel like they ignored the problem. Ignoring a problem has never made it go away. I think it’s an obligation morally, but as a community member also to resist it.”

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
There is no way there is not going to be some kind of counter protester group confronting them.

There will probably be another Charlottesville type event.

Here's what one of the counter protesters had to say about staying away (from your OP article):

Monica Cannon, founder of a group called Violence In Boston that is among the sponsors of the Fight Supremacy counter-protest, held a press conference on Friday.

“I’m a black woman living in Roxbury. I don’t have the privilege of ignoring this problem,” she said. “For many years I feel like they ignored the problem. Ignoring a problem has never made it go away. I think it’s an obligation morally, but as a community member also to resist it.”

I am just gonna put this prediction out there. Emotions are high and it is the perfect opportunity for a situation to be engineered to put pressure on Trump for gun control.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I don't think so. If Trump did that, he would lose his entire base, including me.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
A couple years ago the kkk had a public forum on the town's courthouse lawn.
I hear that nobody was in the audience except a couple of our local cops.

Know what happened?
Absolutely nothing.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: seeker1963

I don't think so. If Trump did that, he would lose his entire base, including me.

I am not saying it as Trump would cave in. What I am thinking is he already has a snip ton of pressure on him, imagine adding something like that to push him? Imagine the MSM and their narrative? Like I said, emotions are running high due to the false narrative being pimped out by the MSM....

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Attention Bostonians! Stay home and eat sheet cake.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Attention Bostonians! Stay home and eat sheet cake.

or, "Apfelstrudel"

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   
What I think would be the best defense would be for groups to attend, but treat it like a regular Summer Saturday at the common. Not even acknowledging their existence, with balloon animals, face painting, music, dancing, and all at a volume that has the effect of nobody listening. Completely ignore their existence, do not give them the satisfaction of taking over the common on a Saturday.

Make them and their message ghosts of a forgotten past.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

No. Sheet cake. The chinless Nazi turds eat the strudel.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Great idea. Almost like common sense. As common as it has been for the past 50 years or so, until last weekend anyway.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Great idea. Almost like common sense. As common as it has been for the past 50 years or so, until last weekend anyway.

Yup.

All they have to do is ignore them.

It really is that simple.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Unfortunately, they won't be ignored. Monica Cannon held a press conference. You don't do that unless you have a plan. Wish they would stay home, too, but all this racial stuff is planned drama for an agenda and 'ain't' nobody gonna stay home!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join