It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumors of rally by white supremacists downtown Durham

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I live here. There's a large minority population here and its very liberal in general. This might not end well - I really hope no one gets hurt. Apparently they've closed most of the downtown. The only reason I heard about this was because I usually go to the Y downtown on Fridays, and I got an email saying they closed down because of protests.

www.wral.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: redtic

concert
movie
black august
durhamnc.gov...
permitted events at the link above

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

concert
movie
black august
durhamnc.gov...
permitted events at the link above

Like I said, it's a rumor and probably not a permitted event. I hope it's not true and nothing happens, but the local news is claiming the rumor and has a live chopper monitoring it.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

If it is not permitted wouldnt the police make those gathered disperse?
The live feed shows a lot of people there.

I do not think white power people would have a "john brown lives" sign
edit on 18/8/2017 by shooterbrody because: tv

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

hahahah! You're kidding, right? Black mayor and black police chief...they didn't do a damn thing when the vandals tore down a public statue. They're not going to do a damn thing if this is what the OP thinks it is. The cops will get a stand down order and the mayhem the agenda-makers want will be one step closer to their plan.

Be Careful Who You Vote For (even locally).

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I do not think white power people would have a "john brown lives" sign

Dunno. I see this:

www.wral.com...

Amid rumors that white supremacist groups plan to demonstrate in Durham, the Durham County Sheriff's Office on Friday issued a statement reminding citizens that protests require a legal permit and any demonstrators must abide by the law.

The statement reads, in full:

“The Sheriff’s Office is thoroughly researching the potential of several groups with opposing viewpoints holding demonstrations in Durham. This is partly why the Sheriff’s Office continues to remind demonstrators to first obtain a permit and most importantly, abide by the law. I expect demonstrators to conduct themselves in such a manner that is legal and respectful of the Durham County community. Again, I call upon city and county leaders to establish rules for demonstrators.”

and

"We have received numerous reports of potential counter protests in the Durham community. At this time, law enforcement continues to monitor the area and have not confirmed reports of activity. We are urging the public to avoid circulating rumors on social media and instead wait for verified information from officials monitoring the situation."

Again, I hope it remains peaceful.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Red flag with white writing on top and bottom with a white circle in the middle standing in the middle of the street, fringes of the main crowd.

Camera didn't zoom in on it, the guy said he wasn't going to show close ups because of the language on signs.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

hahahah! You're kidding, right? Black mayor and black police chief...they didn't do a damn thing when the vandals tore down a public statue. They're not going to do a damn thing if this is what the OP thinks it is. The cops will get a stand down order and the mayhem the agenda-makers want will be one step closer to their plan.

Be Careful Who You Vote For (even locally).

Easy now with your misinformation. That statue was on county property, so the police didn't have jurisdiction. The perpetrators were caught by the sheriff's office.
edit on 18-8-2017 by redtic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

The police have the streets blocked off and dont appear to be trying to run anyone off.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Yea you should probably actually bone up on the incident before you start trying to explain it.

Durham PD released a statement that very night that they had no jurisdiction over it, and that it was up to the SO to deal with it.

The SO has already made multiple arrests, and is charging people with felonies for the incident.

#themoreyouknow

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

So this looks like the opposite of a white power rally....no permit tho

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

So this looks like the opposite of a white power rally....no permit tho

Right, I think that's the gist as of now. I just hope the nazis stay away.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Durham is a beautiful medieval town. Let's hope it doesn't get smashed up.

Oh. That's Durham England

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

LOL - hey, Durham, NC has its bright spots, too! Home of the Bulls, Duke, and some damn good bbq.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I am ready to come and sample.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: redtic
a reply to: alldaylong

LOL - hey, Durham, NC has its bright spots, too! Home of the Bulls, Duke, and some damn good bbq.

I still hate Christian Laettner. And Coach K.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

GO DUKE!!

: )

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Live stream at Durham NC

According to whoever is streaming this, the said that there's a KKK march happening at 4:00
edit on 18-8-2017 by Black_Fox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Weird, I checked out your video feed and all I see was white cops?
Black Mayor, Black police chief..............why all the white cops? That seems to be a formula for disaster. Very "Ferguson" like.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
The KKK just learned they can punk Durham. Every couple of days they can put a twitter message up and watch the fun as everyone goes to anti protest without any protestor being there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join