It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens when you die

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
In pain at the moment as my brother passed on a week ago and I'm having a hard time dealing with it and just wondering where is he now ? as i have asked for signs and haven't seen anything but did feel a wind blow on my back 2 days ago when there was no wind that day.
Where is he or for that matter where are the forum other posters deceased relatives and friends.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Nothing returns to nothing

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I am so sorry you lost your brother.

I recently read a book with many near death experiences that I found quite remarkable - it included verified out of body experiences . It's called Imagine Heaven ... I think you will find it eye opening and hopefully very reassuring. I will tell you it is from a Christian point of view - but truth is universal.

Take it a day at a time ... the grief will get better, although your brother will never be forgotten.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: 808Funk

Where is he or for that matter where are the forum other posters deceased relatives and friends

All around us. We are so bound by our physical senses though, its hard to penetrate our blindness. You may get a visit in a dream, many report this. Be patient, It doesn't happen on cue...

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

condolences for your brothers passing, we lost my father last Dec.

it's hard not to think of them everyday, at first for me it was all day. then as time has passed not so much, but he is in my thoughts daily. they say in time you don't think about them as much, i hope that doesn't happen, i want to remember him good and bad.

as far as where they are, i guess that has more to do in what you believe and what they did. i had a hard time with that because of what took place the day before he passed. not going to go into that, but just to say that it still bugs me.

not going to preach, but only say that if it is meant to be you will see him again.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: yeahsurexxx
Your compassion is overwhelming. Now go outside and play.

"What happens when you die"

Well the obvious of course, we are buried in most cases, though some other practices are used in different parts of the world.

There are a couple possibilities that I have pondered in scripture. Jesus said to the Thief beside him, "I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.

Or, you lie in the grave completely unaware until the resurrection, in which case you will not experience the passage of time. It will be lights out, then lights on..... in the presence of the Almighty.

To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.

edit on 18-8-2017 by Plotus because: add

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: yeahsurexxx

a@@hole, everybody is something to someone.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Check this website out, particularly the "nde stories" section.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

There are four great existential questions:

1. Who am I ?
2. Why am I here ?
3. What does it all mean ?
4. Where do I go when I die ?

Many philosophers and wise men say these are unanswerable questions. But many people feel very uncomfortable with unanswerable questions. So in order to get past the unknowing, people invent religion to provide a context and a map for how these questions are to be answered.

In the Power of Myth series with where Bill Moyers spends hours interviewing Joseph Campbell who was a scholar in comparative religion studies, Bill asks Joseph Campbell about what happens to you when you die. Joseph Campbell provides a really amazingly profound answer to the question. Since watching the Power of Myth 4 or 5 times I really have a deep respect for Joseph Campbell and his way of thinking.

Personally, I think when you die, your mind experiences everlasting eternal bliss as you become absorbed into the white light of the the mind of God. Science teaches us nothing in nature is divine. Science teaches us to cut off or cut out anything that is not within the context of measurement. But reality always turns out to be much stranger than anything we've ever imagined. At the smallest point of measurement wave and particle are ambiguous. I think the mind of God rests beyond anything we can measure and is the very deepest vibration of the wave. So in my way of thinking, since reality always turns out to be so much stranger than anything we could ever imagine, somewhere in that deep part of the cosmic wave, our mind becomes a resident. But I think in this state of experiencing eternal heavenly bliss, our experience of God's infinite love becomes so embracing we have no time for conscious thought. We return back to the pool of God's consciousness.

I think returning to the pool is the greatest possible experience we could ever have as experienced through the filter of limited consciousness. So the good news would be everyone is redeemed at the end erasing all life's anxieties, frustrations, and suffering.

I think your brother is doing just fine and is no longer suffering but bathing in the pool of infinite love and forgiveness.

edit on 18-8-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I also lost my brother less than a year ago... now his twin, my other brother has been diagnosed with smoldering multiple myeloma (at the age of 35...). I feel your pain 808. I can assure you, I struggled with the same questions as you are (and I still do). But I can tell you wholeheartedly that I feel now, more than ever that my brother is still with me, he has not "gone", he just went to the next "level", or whatever you might want to call it. Your brother's spirit is still with you - you may not feel it every second of the day but he is with you. Stay strong, take care of yourself and make your brother proud. That idea is what has kept me going, maybe it will help you as well.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I am sorry for all of you. May God bless you,And protect you, and console you. I have had a near death experience, and it was real, and it further convinced me of scripture that there is something after death –
Perhaps you can pray that he is in a better place. Examine his life, and the effect it had on you. Tell him that you love him. Thank God for him. I am sorry for your loss.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Choosing everything is "nothing" and meaningless is a choice. So since it's all "nothing" and meaningless to begin with, then it doesn't matter what choice you make. So you might as well choose "something" and meaningful since it doesn't matter anyway. And at least with choosing "something" and meaningful, life becomes a small shred more meaningful.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

you depixelate and realize there there is no pain if you are just a bunch of pixels.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
On three occasions I've had my heart stop. If you consider that to be death, then from my experience, nothing happens at all.

Since I regained consciousness after a short while during those experiences, all that occurred - to me at least - was a brief time lapse. It went dark, the world continued around me, and I came back.

There was no brimstone, there were no 70 virgins, there was no heavenly clouds, so on and so forth.

When I do finally kick it I don't expect anything to happen, nor do I care much if there is an afterlife. I rather just focus on my current life as it is. Anything else is mere speculation

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
So sorry to hear about your loss. Dreams have already been mentioned. I just don't believe it's healthy to attribute supernatural signs to natural phenomena like the wind with respect to what it meant to you. It's all explainable by physics, meteorology. If you would start a journal before going to bed, doesn't even have to be words, drawings also work you might receive a meaningful dream.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

It's not 70 virgins. It was a mistranslation. It was actually 70 raisins. Google it.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Nothing can heal the pain but the best way of thinking about it is this, your brother is either away for long time in some far off place or he is asleep but this I swear that I believe he is not dead, his body is yes but his soul is still real.

Some believe in reincarnation but I do not personally ascribe to that though perhaps if there belief has merit your brother will return in your family as a child, maybe not your own but another sibling or a cousin or a second cousin's, what made him who you knew will then not be remembered but his soul will still exist, like I Say though I personally do not ascribe to that belief.

Now a psychic guy one wrote that sometime's people sleep after they die as there soul also need's to heal, that they can not come back to this world because it is forbidden for some reason except to right a very great wrong and they otherwise can not interfere in the course of other people's live's.

I do not know myself but I believe in God, the afterlife is a mystery to me though I have had my fare share of paranormal experience in this life including almost getting out of my own body while awake on one occasion and the room being lit up like/as bright as blue lightning before some unseen hand forced me back into my body very firmly by pushing on my chest.
While asleep on another occasion I had to fight back into my body like as though I was under water and I was very heavy, walking through a thick viscous deep ocean against a current trying to pull me backward and downward, I could see the real world all around me even those ripple effect you see under water and the street light's as I could see both inside and outside my house, my body was a dark mass on my bed, each time I reached my body I would wake gasping for air then as if so tired I could not stay awake I would fall back almost instantly into an exhausted sleep, whatever was trying to take me on that occasion failed and I am still around now.

My opinion is this, many whom I genuinely believe have had near death experiences were if they were normal or decent folk they encountered a tunnel of light and upon reaching it's end they felt the love of God and saw there entire family's and a great host of people before them waiting for them, they felt the love from these people, sometime's it was someone they knew, a grandmother, a sister or brother, an aunt or uncle or even there parent's and they were led around, sometimes it was the Lord himself and they were given a choice to stay or go back, or they were sent back to tell about there experiences or to fulfill some task in this world they had yet to complete.

This last one is my belief and my own mother had a variant upon it, a midwife had left the afterbirth in when my mother had given birth to my sister Jeanette and my mother had actually died from septicemia but she somehow came back, no my mother described being in mountain's and seeing a beautiful woman she associates with the virgin mother, the woman was smiling at her and beckoning her to come to her but my mother whom had suffered a terrible life thought about her children, knew she was dead there was no mistake there and ran back down this mountain away from this woman, then up what she described as a smaller mountain and as she crossed over the top of this smaller mountain she came back to life on the operating table.

Now my mother is Anglican and she did not tell the doctor's anything about this but they were in shock saying a miracle had happened, she must have been delirious as well and spoken about it in her delirium because a catholic priest showed up and wanted to know all but she would not speak to him refusing - but she baptized us all catholic though we were far from a church going family.
What my mother experienced was definitely real but I have to suggest there are many different world's, not just one, many mansion's in God's house.

Your brother has left this life and entered the real one and one day when the time is right - not before - you will meet him again, we may not be what we perceive ourselves to be on this plane/dimension of existence.

So to summarize my belief.

God is Real, He is good and our real father.
We are not what we think this is only a temporary state of being but important to our development for some reason.
There is an After or rather a REAL and more permanent life.

edit on 18-8-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Not at all true, we are all made up of energy, and energy never dies, it only changes form.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

Yes his comment smacked me of an angry and depressed mind lashing out at someone else suffering, not exactly rational either given the little we now know of the possibility of quantum consciousness never mind the spiritual concept of the soul.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767
I just ignore it, we can be better then that.
Anyway someone posted a while ago that bugs me still is the supposed white light and tunnel is a trick by Aliens who use our energy and make us reincarnate, scary thoughts but their must be something as I have witness something unexplainable on numerous times back in 1990.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join