It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens when you die

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: Ghost147

It's not 70 virgins. It was a mistranslation. It was actually 70 raisins. Google it.
What is that ? One load from a goat.....

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: 808Funk
In pain at the moment as my brother passed on a week ago and I'm having a hard time dealing with it and just wondering where is he now ? as i have asked for signs and haven't seen anything but did feel a wind blow on my back 2 days ago when there was no wind that day.
Where is he or for that matter where are the forum other posters deceased relatives and friends.

Since no one knows, believe what ever gives you comfort.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: 808Funk

Hope you don't mind my little rhyme I did on the subject!
Hope it helps anyway

We are all climbing the stairs to the big house in the sky

It's where we all go when we eventually die

Oh so they say, those that believe in the gospels that are written in the great book

I don't believe in their heaven and hell and gave death another look

I did some meditation which opened my third eye

I realised this book was about control and was just pie in the sky

I thought, why worry about dying while you're still trying to live

Why concern yourself with death when you've still got love to give

Because when time's up and the end is here

Its time to embrace death, time to party, time to cheer

Because you've ended this experience, this life and another will begin

As it all starts the same just in different skin

But before that happens you go back to whence you came

Hover about in the energy pool and wait until they restart the game

That to me is reincarnation that to me...is the truth

edit on 18-8-2017 by zerozero00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pauligirl

In pain at the moment as my brother passed on a week ago and I'm having a hard time dealing with it and just wondering where is he now ? as i have asked for signs and haven't seen anything but did feel a wind blow on my back 2 days ago when there was no wind that day.
Where is he or for that matter where are the forum other posters deceased relatives and friends.

I wonder, would knowing what comes after this reality somehow cheapen our experience while we are still here?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Have you ever had an operation or a head injury where you go from being awake to waking up hours later and trying to piece together what happened? You know how there was that black, dreamless, timeless time when you were unconscious?

That's what it's like to be dead, except that you never wake up. A billion years is less than a moment, and your portion of the holographic universe is erased since you're no longer around to contribute to its existence.

Death waits for us all. It's the purest form of a neutral event, neither good nor bad.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

No! you are actually wrong, time is not the same for the soul as it is for the body though, a second can be an eternity and also eternity can exist in a single second as it has a kind of non linear nature that is not linked to your or my normal understanding of time, time which kill's the body and is a part of process of the physical universe.

I have had some pretty strange experiences including head injury's but the only two times' I have ever been knocked out in my life was when I had a concrete breeze block thrown onto my head at the age of two by two older kid's (I was playing under a pedestrian subway a kind of road over pass and they were on top of it and wanted to see what it was like to kill someone so threw it down onto me as I walked under them), luckily it only knocked me unconscious and when I woke I was stunned then started to cry about it, had a huge egg on the top of my crown for a while after, the second was when it took four adults to force a gas mask onto my face at the age of five when I was at the dentist for an extraction - too many sweet's I was so panicked and fearful that they needed that many to get it down onto my face.

As an adult I had a paranormal experience (One of many in my life), I can only describe it as hearing some entity's that were in a corridor or room that was not and did not correspond to the physical space I actually was in at that time, one said "Let's turn him off" and the next thing I was in oblivion, no time, no senses at all, no sense except for one thing I remained and by that I mean I was aware but aware as if without a mind BUT I began to become aware of more and I think were ever I was I would call it outside of time and space I was beginning to form into something else, this seemed to bring me to the attention of something or somebody else and to cut a long story short that being passed a damning judgement upon the entity's that had done that to me then I was slammed back into my body so fast and just before that sentence upon them was carried out, given that time there is not the same as here I can safely say I shall see it fulfilled (THERE destruction) when it is actually my proper time to be there which is not now and was not then.

Let's go to another experience I had, I was 14 and one night I was awakened outside of my body, very far outside I was flying over a jungle and looking down even in the darkness I could see detail that my physical eye's can not even by day, I tried to turn away and felt fearful but something else was holding me, this bare in mind was long before the later event so not the same entity's, I saw a rude clearing in the forest and lot's of felled trees, there a few roughly constructed shack's with one that was better made, I found myself flying toward it and the way when you are moving very fast it seemed to get faster as I got closer, then I simply flew through the roof like it was not there, I had no control over were I was being taken.

There was a young girl, age was not easy to guess but I would suggest no older than nine or ten, in appearance she was like the south american tribal people's and I found myself unable to stop as I was flown into the crown of her head.

I suddenly was her and unable to stop what was happening, she was either drugged or drunk (I felt giddy and dizzy in her) and was dancing - if you can call it that on a planked part of the structure while a group of rough looking men sat around plank tables on wooden seat's and log's on an un-planked part that was about a foot or two lower, in appearance they looked like mixed race people you see now whom log areas' of Brazil on TV, Portuguese and other thing's thrown into them, one man looked paler than the rest and was extremely fat and big, I take him now in retrospect to be the boss, he was balding and dripping sweat.

The crowd chanted something I could not understand and this kid I was in did something, lay on her back and put her leg's apart then lifted her skirt which was more like a poncho type thing so the front of it with a rope for a belt around her waist, this fat ugly guy get's up unbuckle's than come down on her, the pain was horrible, like being stabbed and electrocuted at the same time but hard to describe and very unpleasant indeed, it shocked me into action and I came too enough to take control of her and scream in English "NO!", I even used her small arm's to push that fat monstrosity upward and looking into his eye's He was terrified as if he had seen something in her face that scared him, I guess he could see me for a moment then I felt her pass out or die and snapped back so fast like an elastic band when the tension is released straight back to England and to my own body were I screamed NO again and woke the house up, my family were convinced it was just a nightmare but believe me it was real and haunted and pained my mind for many years especially as I was only a teenage boy myself at the time.

Do not mistake sleep for death, or absence of sense for oblivion they are not the same thing, absence of "I", of Awareness not sense is probably a kind of death, remember when you first as a child said to yourself "I am whom I am" and felt that strange revelatory moment like you had woken up or something, if you never did then just maybe you never woke up.

Let me ask you this, ARE you your mind, your memories and the thing's you have learned, your habit's and nature or are YOU that awareness that at the core that the mind is only a tool or a second body too, are you that awareness which is not shown it's true form because you are currently in a human one, what does it really look like if it could be explained, are you actually alien to all you really think you know.

edit on 18-8-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

My brother-in-law passed a month ago- he was 52- after a sudden discovery of aggressive brain cancer. From the time it was discovered, to his passing, was 4 months.

Before he passed, I had run across a website that publishes people's accounts of their near-death experiences. It helped me a LOT, in those few days before he went, when it became clear that he wasn't going to make it. So many people who have been clinically dead, and then are revived, come back with stories that are so, so similar- and they are HAPPY stories. Many of them say that it was so wonderful "on the other side" that they didn't want to come back, and were even angry or depressed for a while afterwards, because they just wanted to be back on the other side where it was perfect.

That truly helped me before his death, and during that last awful night when he was dying, and every two hours my sister and I would give him morphine to try to ease his pain; it helped me greatly at his moment of death, which I was blessed to be present for. And, it has helped me greatly this past month as we learn to live without this wonderful, wonderful man.

I miss him so very much- we all do! But I do take comfort, thinking of him happy and whole.

The truth is that none of really know what happens at and after death. So to me, the experiences of those who were there-death- briefly, is the best guess we have.

The website is nderf.org

I offer you my sincerest condolences on the loss of your brother, my friend. I'm sending you my warmest thoughts, and do know that you at least are not alone.
edit on 18-8-2017 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

originally posted by: Pauligirl

I wonder, would knowing what comes after this reality somehow cheapen our experience while we are still here?

Might depend on what if anything is there. If it's nothing, the knowledge might sharpen this life.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Have you ever had an operation or a head injury where you go from being awake to waking up hours later and trying to piece together what happened? You know how there was that black, dreamless, timeless time when you were unconscious?

That's what it's like to be dead, except that you never wake up. A billion years is less than a moment, and your portion of the holographic universe is erased since you're no longer around to contribute to its existence.

Death waits for us all. It's the purest form of a neutral event, neither good nor bad.

"when you contribute to its existence."

You've implied we are separate from it.

We are it. Energy.

Thats it, for all intents and purposes.

First law of thermodynamics at its core is your answer to the question of death.

Like the death of a star, it doesnt really "die" now, does it.

It changes.

Consciouness, awareness. These are innate qualities of energy. They dont go away. They are infinite.

Nothing, is nothing. Nothing, does not exist, in reality. It is a term about relative perception.

Take a glass of water...

Remove the water.

Now you have an empty glass.

Now remove the glass.

You have nothing. Right?

The water is still here, or there, and so is the glass. You just dont see it, hear it, feel it, taste it, smell it, or think it. The innaccurate assumption arises that "it" ceases to exist, nothing.

You are the water. Your body is the glass, the vessel.

Both energy everlasting.

Changing the state of energy. That is death.

The concept of death leading to nothing is a lie.

I claim all of this because my close friend passed in 2007. Subsequent experiences blew my mind to the point of no going back.

With that said, I issue caution. It is, in my opinion, best to let things happen organically. If you push too hard, like I did, you may end up mentally overloaded or even damaged by, well, TMI.
edit on 19-8-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I don't think anyone knows for sure

but recently I've come across more and more sources that point to reincarnation. understandably such ideas will be met with resistance, but I try to remain open-minded.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift
I experienced that back in 1984 at the dental hospital but before I woke up I was conscious of that excellent description you have described of the black, dreamless, timeless time and cloudy world or non world.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl
Thank you mate I really touched be your comments

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Who knows man, one would have to actually be dead to tell that tale. That light at the end of the tunnel might be the last bit of light our brains see, or a womb.

Maybe their is such a thing as reincarnation, it just not comphrensible to us. There lots of stories an such, where nothing peculiar of the individual remains, to questions like why don't I remember anything? I've heard one answer to that, our being is actually kind of sum of all those lives. We do exist because of various life forms that have come an gone before us.

Personally, id be more interested in staying in the present. After all, if we do into another life, will we be just as wishful in the next after that again an again? Maybe the deceased would prefer that way.

If there was a God, we'd all just end up seeing each other again in different circumstances.
edit on 19-8-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   

My condolences about your brother. I don't even want to imagine what you are going through.

As far as where he is now, it depends on what you believe: The only fact that we know 100% is that the body is still here, and must be buried with respect.

If we go by my experiences alone, then I believe there is something more that physical death. I have experienced astral projection, spirits and entities; in some cases, others and myself witnessed the same thing at the same time.

What I feel is that there's no "Heaven" or "Hell", but rather "Levels" of existence. Think Dante's Divine Comedy - You're a bad person, you create your own prison; An adventurous sort that don't want to wear a halo and sing all day in a chorus might end up in an endless forest. Those that believe in God/Jesus/Heaven end up in a heavenly place. And those that just want to bother the living because it's fun (me) come back as spirits.

As far as signs go...a wise ghost hunter once told me this when we asked "How many ghosts are in this room?": **laughter** What if I told you that there could be infinite to zero ghosts in here at this time? Maybe all of them do not have the energy to talk into your box. Maybe they are talking, but not on the frequency we can observe them. Maybe they just don't realize we are here, and therefore aren't trying to reach us.. In context, maybe your brother is trying, but you aren't observing them because it's on a "level" that you cannot see.

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

There are four great existential questions:

1. Who am I ?
2. Why am I here ?
3. What does it all mean ?
4. Where do I go when I die ?

Many philosophers and wise men say these are unanswerable questions.

These are all easy questions.

Q1. Who am I? Ans1.== "I AM"

Think about it. Suppose I call you "John". That's just a temporary name, valid in the current context of your present human life. It's not really you. So, any name you put to yourself, doesn't answer the question. Similarly, every description you construct, again, is context dependent. But, the one you know to be true, is that "you are", "you exist", "you are aware", or as the Philosopher Descartes wrote

"I think, therefore I am."

Q1. Why am I here? Ans2. == "Because I must be somewhere, since "I AM", and "here" is just a temporary resting place for my awareness. It's just as good as anywhere, but owing to a sequence of karmic related events, it happens to be "here" where "I AM" for this particular moment in time."

Q3. What does it all mean? Ans3. == "Ultimately, nothing. For although we've forgotten where we came from, hence the puzzle about why "I AM" is found in this current condition, eventually we end up back were we started, at the beginning of the journey, and anything that ends up back where it began can have no meaning, for nothing was "added to" nor "removed from" our initial condition. It was simply a meaningless diversion."

Q4. Where do I go when I die ? Ans4. == "Nowhere at all. The body falls away, but "I AM" is always there, somewhere, it doesn't really move, all is illusion. " As the scriptures say,

But go thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in thy lot at the end of the days. -- KJV, Daniel 12:13

At the end of days, when the veil of illusion is removed, "I AM" finds itself standing in the same spot it always was, each soul standing in its own private "lot".

edit on 19-8-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   

I'm with you! I DO know what you are going through.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Sorry to hear about your loss.
As far as life after death, I believe your soul goes where the soul believes it should go based on how they lived their life.

I read a book about a man struck by lightning that was declared dead and came back to life. He described at the moment of death or shortly after experiencing his entire life from the viewpoint of others. He felt every pain he caused them, every joy. If he didn't treat someone well, he felt how they felt. Of course it was much better to experience joy he gave to others than the bad things he did. After that the judgement came and lucky for him, he went to a marvelous city. I thought of the movie Thor except the city was made of marvelous lit up structures. He no longer had any pain. Many people live with daily aches and pains. He met old deceased friends, deceased relatives, it was a happy place. Then he came back after being resuscitated and lived through months of pain and thought he had to tell others of his experience through a book.

I would pray your brother is in a happy place. That's all we can hope for.

No one told me this that I can remember and the church I go to does not teach this but I personally think staying in heaven forever and ever might get boring. I somehow think it might be possible we can choose to come back and be born again and live life over again, maybe with a new mission and we choose to come back and learn. Of course we can't remember past lives because that would ruin the experience. If this is true, it could mean we might come back as either male or female, and in any country or any race. I believe it's likely we come back to end up interacting with other souls we have known in past lives. I thought that might be interesting to find out after you die for example that your father might come back as a kid or be living a life in some far away country. I believe we do come back as humans, not any alien species on different planets. That would be weird.

When I was a young teenager, I had a lot of combat dreams as if I had been a solder in many parts of the world. I dreamed I killed a lot of people in combat. I dreamed of a lot of different techniques as well. I had no idea why I was having all these dreams. I knew I did not want to join the military and do any of that. It was like I had a mission to do something different in this life rather than kill lots of people in a war. If I had a past life as a solder, it would not surprise me. In fact someone surprised me when I talked about some kind of berserk rage I would go into as a young kid when attacked suggesting I had been a solder in a past life. Weird I thought because I never mentioned any of the combat dreams. I especially did not like jungle combat dreams. Hopefully if someone chooses to be born again, they have happy lives but I think that all depends on others on this planet and how we treat each other.
edit on 20/8/17 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl
Forgot to say my brother was 52.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
Who knows man, one would have to actually be dead to tell that tale. That light at the end of the tunnel might be the last bit of light our brains see, or a womb.

Maybe their is such a thing as reincarnation, it just not comphrensible to us. There lots of stories an such, where nothing peculiar of the individual remains, to questions like why don't I remember anything? I've heard one answer to that, our being is actually kind of sum of all those lives. We do exist because of various life forms that have come an gone before us.

Personally, id be more interested in staying in the present. After all, if we do into another life, will we be just as wishful in the next after that again an again? Maybe the deceased would prefer that way.

If there was a God, we'd all just end up seeing each other again in different circumstances.

Well said that post.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

I'm very sorry for your loss.
Keep asking for signs, you will get them when you truly need them.
Sometimes it takes years.
Sometimes before you even know they are gone.

My mom passed away almost two years ago and I got a visit from her on her birthday in the form of a dream,
so just keep yourself open,
and if it is meant to be,
your brother will let you know he is ok.

It is always hard for those who are left behind when someone we care about crosses over,
but it has been my personal experience that they are just fine, it is us who suffer at our loss,
and although we grieve, they don't want us to suffer,
so if needed, they will visit and give you signs,
to help give closure.

But they can always hear you and when you send them a message,
they get it.

I wish everyone could experience that,
just once, so they know for themselves that even after we die,
we are ok.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join